I finally caught Covid

18,579 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 500,000ags
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Counterpoint said:

TheMasterplan said:

Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

I finally caught the stupid thing while in Montana of all places. Pretty mild so far waiting on my doc to call out Paxlovid just to be safe.

You caught it on vacation... as a pediatrician?? Man!
What is "mild", exactly? A lot of my friends are getting it I figure I'm probably due.
I'm no doctor but after comparison my experience to others I would consider mine mild.

As in, no cough, no fever, no loss of taste/smell, no massive fatigue.

Just runny nose, a bit of sore throat, general tiredness and brain fog.

Thanks! Assuming you knew you weren't going to infect anyone, would it have made you change your plans if you were going to do something active/athletic?
I would've gone on a walk but that's about as far as I would go. Not keen on wearing down my body when it's fighting a sickness.

I'd say the "post COVID" recovery was worse than actually having COVID.

Thanks. Get well soon!
KidDoc
AG
Feeling better today already on day 3. Less malaise and headache mostly stuffy nose and sore throat.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
KidDoc I'm curious if you are on just Paxlovid or Paxlovid and an additional med? Asking because my doctor prescribes Pax in conjunction with one other drug (forget name), and he gave me a real technical reason for it that went completely over my non-medical head.
BreNayPop
AG
Glad you are feeling better, kiddoc. As a pedi myself, I caught Rona for the first time last week and also did paxlovid (it was a very fast recovery). Hope your experience goes as well as mine did.
KidDoc
AG
FlyRod said:

KidDoc I'm curious if you are on just Paxlovid or Paxlovid and an additional med? Asking because my doctor prescribes Pax in conjunction with one other drug (forget name), and he gave me a real technical reason for it that went completely over my non-medical head.

Paxlovid only. Well and normal OTC stuff like my multivitamin, dayquil and nyquil, afrin, sinus flush.

Systemically I feel fine. The sore throat is pretty bad though. My wife just started with the initial systemic phase this morning which is not surprising.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
I did lots of sleeping on day 2 which I think probably helped.
Counterpoint
AG
KidDoc said:

FlyRod said:

Paxlovid only. Well and normal OTC stuff like my multivitamin, dayquil and nyquil, afrin, sinus flush.

Systemically I feel fine. The sore throat is pretty bad though. My wife just started with the initial systemic phase this morning which is not surprising.

How many days after you got it did she come down with it?
(my wife was just exposed, so I'm curious!)
KidDoc
AG
Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

FlyRod said:

I started on Monday she got symptoms Thursday morning.
Counterpoint
AG
KidDoc said:

Counterpoint said:

KidDoc said:

FlyRod said:

I started on Monday she got symptoms Thursday morning.

Thanks. My wife was exposed on Tuesday, so I'll start the countdown haha. I hope you both feel better soon.
gigem92
AG
Wife, daughter and I were all exposed on Saturday.

I started showing mild symptoms late Monday, tested positive Tuesday.

Wife and daughter started showing symptoms Tuesday and both tested positive today after negative tests earlier this week.
KidDoc
AG
I got back in town early morning today (130 am) and woke up early due to pain with swallowing (odyno****ia) so went and got a shot of Dexamethasone from my nurse around 11. Now basically symptom free.

The continued overcaution about COVID is crazy. Between vaccines, paxlovid, and it mutating to weaker but more contagious forms it is less concerning for me and my patient population than flu. At least I should now have robust immunity for football season!
LSB_2002
AG
KidDoc said:

I got back in town early morning today (130 am) and woke up early due to pain with swallowing (odyno****ia) so went and got a shot of Dexamethasone from my nurse around 11. Now basically symptom free.

The continued overcaution about COVID is crazy. Between vaccines, paxlovid, and it mutating to weaker but more contagious forms it is less concerning for me and my patient population than flu. At least I should now have robust immunity for football season!
Now you can finally go on with your life. Will your office finally relax all mask mandates?
KidDoc
AG
LSB_2002 said:

KidDoc said:

Now you can finally go on with your life. Will your office finally relax all mask mandates?
Not likely, it is a national rule with CHI and it is nuts.
LSB_2002
AG
KidDoc said:

LSB_2002 said:

KidDoc said:

Not likely, it is a national rule with CHI and it is nuts.
Asinine! I mean....WTF man? You see why people don't trust medicine?
500,000ags
AG
I've had sinus infection type symptoms for 6 days now. Wasn't sure if people are still getting bad after days 6-8 like with the first two waves?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.