Ivermectin shown to be ineffective in largest study to date

9,044 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by HarleySpoon
MaroonDontRun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I know nothing one way or another, but the journal that published that article has issued an "Expression of Concern" about its results.
I understand.

Reading through these studies is very tedious but you do have to comb through them to flesh out all the details.
jamey
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The celebratory starring of posts about medication found not to work is one of the more interesting facets of this board. Says a lot

Not as interesting as political cheerleading random drugs to begin with.

We live in a strange and broken world
DannyDuberstein
AG
jamey said:

DannyDuberstein said:

The celebratory starring of posts about medication found not to work is one of the more interesting facets of this board. Says a lot

So strange that people wanted something cheap and widely available and very low risk to work, right?

Give me a ****ing break
jamey
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

jamey said:

DannyDuberstein said:

So strange that people wanted something cheap and widely available and very low risk to work, right?

Give me a ****ing break

Sure, the "health food" industry has a new fountain of youth every so many years ranging from eating diatomaceous earth to literally eating feces pills. There's always a new tonic to sell.

This was worse because it's political conspiracy nonsense

Pretending that something works is not science. Thats mysticism
Sapper Redux
DannyDuberstein said:

jamey said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Give me a ****ing break

I think everyone wants that. Creating excuses to claim it works for political / conspiracy reasons at the expense of people's lives, regardless of expert opinion and data, on the other hand, is a different issue.
ATM9000
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Year of the Germaphobe said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Read the article, there is nothing definitive in it.

OP probably has a picture of the hockey stick graph on his wall lol.

Agree. Just meaning in general. if you find me starring posts that a long-used, cheap, widely available, extremely safe (at proper dosages) medication that is thought to potentially be useful for covid but the post is saying it was determined not to be, I need to go spend some time in self-reflection and re-evaluate just what kind of human I am. I would hope most reactions would be "well that's extremely unfortunate"

What sort of self reflection should be done if you've promoted and championed a drug as an answer with very little research attached to its' actual effectiveness?
spherical
AG
ATM9000 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Year of the Germaphobe said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Read the article, there is nothing definitive in it.

OP probably has a picture of the hockey stick graph on his wall lol.

Agree. Just meaning in general. if you find me starring posts that a long-used, cheap, widely available, extremely safe (at proper dosages) medication that is thought to potentially be useful for covid but the post is saying it was determined not to be, I need to go spend some time in self-reflection and re-evaluate just what kind of human I am. I would hope most reactions would be "well that's extremely unfortunate"

What sort of self reflection should be done if you've promoted and championed a drug as an answer with very little research attached to its' actual effectiveness?

Or perhaps more specifically… while at the same time discouraging the use of the actually effective options by promoting conspiracies and disparaging the medical community…
Picadillo
Hallmarks of a fake study - treatment is administered late - usually a week or more after initial symptoms and / or given without zinc and other supplements.

Breathtaking to see professionals exuberant when they see such studies.
HarleySpoon
AG
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3451192
Jabin
HarleySpoon said:

Harley, what do you think that the article and the settlement it references establishes with regard to ivermectin?
HarleySpoon
AG
Jabin said:

HarleySpoon said:

Harley, what do you think that the article and the settlement it references establishes with regard to ivermectin?
I believe that it establishes that the FDA feels it may have been in error when it made multiple social media posts including one which stated:

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it."

Jabin
Thanks.

Was there anything in the article or settlement that indicates that ivermectin may work to prevent or reduce the effects of Covid? I've followed the issue pretty closely (even purchased ivermectin), but I've not seen anything persuasive that it actually works. All of the creditable studies from around the world seem to indicate that it does not. Now, those studies may have been influenced by big Pharma, but again I've not seen any hard evidence of that allegation, either.

It's a crime that the FDA politicized the issue. That prevented any and all impartial discussion or analysis of it.
HarleySpoon
AG
Jabin said:

Thanks.

Was there anything in the article or settlement that indicates that ivermectin may work to prevent or reduce the effects of Covid? I've followed the issue pretty closely (even purchased ivermectin), but I've not seen anything persuasive that it actually works. All of the creditable studies from around the world seem to indicate that it does not. Now, those studies may have been influenced by big Pharma, but again I've not seen any hard evidence of that allegation, either.

It's a crime that the FDA politicized the issue. That prevented any and all impartial discussion or analysis of it.
I actually think the FDA would require a years long study of your question and if approved for treatment, they would require the publication/promulgation of known/ discovered potential, side effects and would not grant immunity to the manufacturer for traditional damages. Funny how that works when there is not a political agenda.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.