FDA Settles Ivermectin Case, Agrees to Remove Controversial 'Stop It' Post

1,356 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CSTXAg92
CSTXAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has agreed to remove social media posts and webpages that urged people to stop taking ivermectin to treat COVID-19, according to a settlement dated March 21.
The FDA has already removed a page that said: "Should I take ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19? No."
Within 21 days, the FDA will remove another page titled, "why you should not use ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19," according to the settlement announcement, which was filed with federal court in southern Texas.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/fda-settles-ivermectin-case-agrees-to-remove-controversial-stop-it-post-5612010?utm_source=RTNews&src_src=RTNews&utm_campaign=rtbreaking-2024-03-22-1&src_cmp=rtbreaking-2024-03-22-1&utm_medium=email&est=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAduc4SgEFxcTRzLsBqmhYArg0yEwDF5P7bPdbUYzKONqp6x%2BT%2FA%3D%3D

Edit to add referenced, "Stop it" post (credit Rapier108 in Politics forum)

one MEEN Ag
AG
I welcome this board trusting the experts and returning ivermectin to its place of honor as a world class wonder drug (like it was before the FDA needed emergency authorization for COVID 19).
bobbranco
AG
Wow. People lost their livelihood because of the governments campaign against Ivermectim. A bit too late to backtrack I must say.
CSTXAg92
AG
The people who just lost their livelihoods were the lucky ones. Countless others lost their lives because they were denied a low cost, readily available medication that may have very well helped them get through Covid.
Ellis Wyatt
Facts are great things. And sunlight is the greatest disinfectant.
WoMD
Ellis Wyatt said:

Close the beaches. Block the trails. Fence off the parks.

But protesting is ok.
WoMD
Ellis Wyatt said:

There are no such things as facts in science. But the definition changed somewhere along the way...
JB93
Wow...this is big news. There was a HUGE push to deny Ivermectin was an effective way to treat Covid - even to the point of chastising those who might have considered it by saying it was only for animals (which wasn't true then or now).

Personally, I had Covid twice (once early on) and my doctor prescribed (and I took) appropriate doses of Ivermectin in pill form (not Tractor Supply paste). No ill effects and I beat it (easily the second time). How many people who suffered and died might have been saved if they were given access and also not meant to feel like idiots for taking "horse meds".
Sharpshooter
AG
JB93 said:

Wow...this is big news. There was a HUGE push to deny Ivermectin was an effective way to treat Covid - even to the point of chastising those who might have considered it by saying it was only for animals (which wasn't true then or now).

Personally, I had Covid twice (once early on) and my doctor prescribed (and I took) appropriate doses of Ivermectin in pill form (not Tractor Supply paste). No ill effects and I beat it (easily the second time). How many people who suffered and died might have been saved if they were given access and also not meant to feel like idiots for taking "horse meds".
My Dr. refused to prescribe it. So, I had to chance it and take the horse version. Prescribed it to my self based upon weight. I was well within a day. It infuriates me that I had to take that chance. My Dr., and all the fools who believed the medicine was something other than an anti-viral medication. are brainless.

Edited to say I am still a pureblood.
CSTXAg92
AG
The 'Horse Medication' lie was particularly egregious considering Ivermectin is and has been on the World Health Organization's (WHO) List of Essential Medicines, and this could easily learned via a quick Google.

With the information so readily available, anyone who pushed the 'Horse De-Wormer' narrative was complicit in the public deception - ESPECIALLY OUR GOVERNMENT AND THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA SINCE THEY WILLFULLY IGNORED THE TRUTH AND PERPETUATED THE LIE.

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-MHP-HPS-EML-2023.02
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.