Pretty Sure I Got Omicron

10,502 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgsMyDude
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't tested as it seems everyone has it and I'm not sure there's even a point now due to low-confidence in test results for omicron.

I had covid alpha at the end of August 2020, positive test, and all the symptoms.

Sick symptoms started on Sunday 1/9 with a sore throat, sensitive internal mouth surfaces (cheeks), congestion / runny nose. Slight cough.

Yesterday the cough got worse, some phlegm, slightly tired, headache with fever at night. Took a 5mg edible and slept well. Throat no longer sore.

Woke up today feeling better but still a bad cough and headache. Took ibuprofen. Cough now feels similar to alpha, but much less worse.

I'll update this thread as I get better. Right now I'd equate this to bad allergies, but the tell-tell sign of omicron is a sore through as this variant seems to affect mucus membranes vs. lungs like alpha thru delta.

Anyone else get omicron and have a list of symptoms?
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
CondensedFogAggie
NASAg03 said:

Took a 5mg edible and slept well. Throat no longer sore.

That works?

Get well soon btw.
Ervin Burrell
AG
NASAg03 said:

Like literally half the threads on the front page are precisely this. Just click around, hope you feel better soon.
Skillet Shot
My only symptoms were head ache and runny nose. Never got the sore throat, but I did antiseptic mouth wash and nasal rinses daily which I believe helped knock down viral load and reduce symptoms
Clown_World
Congrats on your pending natural immunity
Viper16
AG
NASAg03 said:

I haven't tested as it seems everyone has it and I'm not sure there's even a point now due to low-confidence in test results for omicron.

I had covid alpha at the end of August 2020, positive test, and all the symptoms.

Sick symptoms started on Sunday 1/9 with a sore throat, sensitive internal mouth surfaces (cheeks), congestion / runny nose. Slight cough.

Yesterday the cough got worse, some phlegm, slightly tired, headache with fever at night. Took a 5mg edible and slept well. Throat no longer sore.

Woke up today feeling better but still a bad cough and headache. Took ibuprofen. Cough now feels similar to alpha, but much less worse.

I'll update this thread as I get better. Right now I'd equate this to bad allergies, but the tell-tell sign of omicron is a sore through as this variant seems to affect mucus membranes vs. lungs like alpha thru delta.

Congratulations on getting a typical case of the flu......might be flu-A or flu-B.

You should still have natural immunity from the chyna flu you contracted in Aug 2020.

People need to start recognizing they may have the flu and not the covid variants.

#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
GTdad
I've got something, but who the hell knows what.

We've been required to be tested once every two weeks at work since coming back to the office in June. I was also required to be tested before coming back to the office on January 10 after being out on vacation for two week. Popped positive. No symptoms at that point other than a runny nose, so I had my doubts and tested again yesterday. Feel worse, like a full-blown cold, but tested negative this time.

So now I'm left wondering if the tests are faulty, or whether a common cold (which I understand is a type of coronavirus) can skew the test results, or both.
htxag09
AG
I had a sinus infection, I get them every couple years but this was worse. I tried taking OTC meds and letting it run it's course but it wasn't going away. Finally called my pcp after around 2 weeks and did a teledoc visit. He prescribed amoxicillin and I was drastically better within a couple days.

Symptoms were bad headache, sore throat (felt like swallowing knives when I woke up towards the end), mucus and congestion build up, runny nose, cough, tired and achy.
Capitol Ag
AG

Get well OP.
Gordo14
Clearly natural immunity is "leaky" just like the vaccine right guys.

In all seriousness, your symptoms match the symptoms my S.O. had when she caught (presumably) Omicron.
Matsui
AG
sore throat
sinus congestion
body aches
fever
Old McDonald
CoachO_08 said:

OP already had "natural immunity" from getting covid before
TefIon Don
AG
I tested positive on 1/6, and this virus was probably the weakest "bad virus" I've ever had. I'm 34, unvaccinated, and my symptoms were sinus infection day 1, day 2 was sinus pressure and a headache, day 3 was a headache, and day 4 was back to normal.

I had the flu 5 years ago and it was much worse.
NASAg03
TefIon Don said:

I tested positive on 1/6, and this virus was probably the weakest "bad virus" I've ever had. I'm 34, unvaccinated, and my symptoms were sinus infection day 1, day 2 was sinus pressure and a headache, day 3 was a headache, and day 4 was back to normal.

I had the flu 5 years ago and it was much worse.

Same. This was like bad allergies. I'm on day 4 and feeling way better. Sinus congestion and coughing phlegm but that's all mostly gone.

Someone in my office tested positive for covid after being in the office Monday so now everyone is supposed to test and mask for a week. We'll see if that happens.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
NASAg03
Gordo14 said:

Clearly natural immunity is "leaky" just like the vaccine right guys.

In all seriousness, your symptoms match the symptoms my S.O. had when she caught (presumably) Omicron.

Agree nothing seems prevent omicron in adults due to the changes vs alpha. But it seems way less debilitating.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Boo Weekley
Quote:

This might be why you're turning the corner (half jk)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

Quote:

Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants
Tastybrisket10
AG
Son tested positive along with several in daycare and wife and I got sick a few days later. I've had worse allergy weeks, achy for 1 day like I ran a half marathon and a mild headache for about 4 with sinus pressure.
NASAg03
Boo Weekley said:

Quote:

This might be why you're turning the corner (half jk)

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35007072/

Quote:

Cannabinoids Block Cellular Entry of SARS-CoV-2 and the Emerging Variants

Lol I did take a good amount when I had it in August 2020. Mainly just to kill the pain and help me sleep. Worked great.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Old Sarge
AG
In retrospect, it started just like allergies.

Blew nose, slightly bloody.
Post nasal drip, leading to..
Sore throat.

Wife picked up on it and put 2+2 together when I zonked out for three hours after I made breakfast after a full night sleep. (Last weekend)

Tested, positive (assuming Omnicron). Had a zpack on hand started as preventative when congestion started testing day.

Slight cough from post nasal drip.

Fever for a few hours Monday, but quickly arrested with ibuprofen. None since Tues.

No real symptoms since Monday night.

Getting ornery sitting at house. Today is the day of 5 day freedom. Working from home, but will grab a couple mile fast walk if time later today, but do not anticipate issues.

Had not had Covid yet. Been taking Dr Revs supplement regimen since March 2020. Made me literally feel better overall, if nothing else. Jabbed in early Spring 2021 at my docs urging. Had some ABs (Texas Cares), but not high as most. Got the natural ones now. They can "jab" the booster where no sun shines.

Green is the new RED.
aTm2004
AG
NASAg03 said:

agsalaska
AG
Can someone post the vitamin supplements that the docs on here have recommended?

Want to say it is C, D, and Zinc but am not sure and can't find it

Thanks
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Kendall Rogers
AG
Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc.

I'd also take Turmeric. It has very good anti-inflammatory/antiviral properties.
agsalaska
AG
Thanks
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ChrisTAMU
AG
Old McDonald said:

CoachO_08 said:

OP already had "natural immunity" from getting covid before

Except, we know that PCR doesn't differentiate between Covid and the flu. So, maybe they thought they had it and did not.
ShotOver
AG
Viper16 said:

NASAg03 said:

Congratulations on getting a typical case of the flu......might be flu-A or flu-B.

You should still have natural immunity from the chyna flu you contracted in Aug 2020.

People need to start recognizing they may have the flu and not the covid variants.

"You should still have natural immunity from the chyna flu you contracted in Aug 2020……". Misleading statement. Some people lose immunity weeks after, some months. That's a huge problem in that people think they're protected,…but may not be.

AggieBiker
AG
I had not seen this claim anywhere. When and where is this cited?

A quick search found this PCR test reliability
The Dirty Sock
Night sweats?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/omicron-symptoms-night-sweats

So strange because this happened to me during my omicron infection. Woke up in the middle of the night not hot and my shirt was drenched.
Central Committee
AG
Same on the night sweats. No fever, but heavy night sweats first two nights.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Reload8098
AG
I have runny nose, sore throat, feel lightheaded/dizzy and cough.
Bighunter43
AG
Teacher (56)...got it at school as kids were dropping out at an unusually high rate. Wed night started aching, fever, chills, stuffy nose and unreal headache. Tested positive Thur morning....I'm about to enter 48 hours in and headache has subsided immensely from where it was. Still achy cough, , runny nose and stuffy head like crazy. I know everyone's different, but when can one usually expect to turn the corner on this thing? Thanks!
Old Sarge
AG
Are you taking Dr. Rev's supplements?

Should not last long. Wife was two days behind me. Mine was 3 days tops, and hers looks to be as well (see my post above).

When I did try walking fast and long yesterday, my heart rate got up fast and quick, and stayed that way. Way more than normal. However, got up at 4:30AM and went deer hunting. Hogs came out and I needed a doe, so I got out of the blind and chased/ran the hogs off throwing large branches at them while chasing, and returned to the blind. Climbed in quickly and checked the heart rate (more exertion than yesterday for SURE) and it was normal like I had been walking on a track.

Looks like it's done. Hope so. Grilled burgers and had a beer and cigar prior to dinner. Got to get back to the norm.
Green is the new RED.
Bighunter43
AG
Old Sarge said:

Are you taking Dr. Rev's supplements?

Should not last long. Wife was two days behind me. Mine was 3 days tops, and hers looks to be as well (see my post above).

When I did try walking fast and long yesterday, my heart rate got up fast and quick, and stayed that way. Way more than normal. However, got up at 4:30AM and went deer hunting. Hogs came out and I needed a doe, so I got out of the blind and chased/ran the hogs off throwing large branches at them while chasing, and returned to the blind. Climbed in quickly and checked the heart rate (more exertion than yesterday for SURE) and it was normal like I had been walking on a track.

Looks like it's done. Hope so. Grilled burgers and had a beer and cigar prior to dinner. Got to get back to the norm.

I'm taking everything on Rev's list but the quercetin which was not available. I'm in day 3, still have the horrible headache that won't go away, fever returned last night, but the congestion is a little better...I guess I'm headed in the right direction. Hope you got the doe!!!
Reload8098
AG
This has gotten worse for me. Congestion, runny nose, really sore throat, coughing, headache that would kill a horse, really dizzy/lightheaded. Taking everything from Dr. Rev's list. Loaded up vit D in the beginning. Last night and today are the worst days. Running low fever 100.1
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Reload8098 said:

This has gotten worse for me. Congestion, runny nose, really sore throat, coughing, headache that would kill a horse, really dizzy/lightheaded. Taking everything from Dr. Rev's list. Loaded up vit D in the beginning. Last night and today are the worst days. Running low fever 100.1

Almost identical to me except my headache just feels like a moderate hangover instead of head splitting. Fever seems to get worse at night. I'm going to grab a test here in a bit but assuming it's the 'vid
Reload8098
AG
Where can you get a test kit? I couldn't get in for a test for a week.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.