Pretty Sure I Got Omicron

10,505 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgsMyDude
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reload8098 said:

Where can you get a test kit? I couldn't get in for a test for a week.
They can be almost impossible to find in BCS.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
My MIL saw some at the CVS down the street earlier this week. Went this morning and no dice.

I did manage to get an appointment at a clinic here for this evening for their walk in rapid testing. Hoping I pop positive so I can get this thing over with.
JB!98
AG
I felt weak and lethargic on Monday. Started running low grade fever on Tuesday with runny nose. Tested positive on Wednesday. Main symptoms were low grade fever, chills, dizziness, slight headache, and drainage. Started the vitamins on Tuesday. Fever went away on Thursday night. Felt 100% by Saturday morning. Never had 02 go below 96.

50 years old. Treated HBP and about 20 lbs over weight.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Reload8098
AG
I'm in SA. Friday' stats are just under 9,000 new cases. There aren't any test kits here.
Datman
AG
Sinus congestion
Low grade fever
Terrible headache
Back ache

All for 24 hours and then it was all over. I was way sicker with the flu 3 years ago.
buzzardb267
AG
I'm 76 years old, on meds for BP, cholesterol and thyroid. I'm 6' 4", 250 pounds and borderline diabetic. I got the symptoms and getting tested tomorrow. If I have the rona and don't croak, you young guys should be good! I'll let you know....
"ROGER - OUT"
Mark Fairchild
AG
Praying for you to beat it. My wife and I aren't too far behind you and we beat Delta. Throw the kitchen sink at it, that's what our doctor did. Will add, we didn't have any health issues and ride our recumbent trikes 10 miles a day.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
NASAg03
I'm on day 8 since first symptoms and 95% good. A little bit of congestion and sinus drainage but feeling good and no cough any more.

Started taking expectorant and decongestant combo and that helped finish it off it seems.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
buzzardb267
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Praying for you to beat it. My wife and I aren't too far behind you and we beat Delta. Throw the kitchen sink at it, that's what our doctor did. Will add, we didn't have any health issues and ride our recumbent trikes 10 miles a day.
Thanks Mark. If test is positive, I will call my PCP and see what he can do. Either way, I am going to bombard it with all the OTC treatments recommended here. Already slugging Vitamin D down. I was supposed to load my tractor and Gator to take to JD today. Guess I will miss the window of good weather.

Funny you used that term. We were in Leadville, CO last summer and came down with similar symptoms. No COVID, but the Dr asked me if I wanted to try something or...."thow the kitchen sink at it"! I guess that's doctor talk.
"ROGER - OUT"
buzzardb267
AG
UPDATE....

I tested on Tuesday and results came back positive yesterday (Thursday). I messaged my PCP and he ordered Z-Pack and roids. By the time I got test results and scripts, I am feeling much better. Stil congestion and loss of smell, but no fever and no cough. Now I get to take care of my wife.

Our daughter works in a commercial pharmacy and overnighted us test kits. Just in time! She was running a 102 fever and tested positive. Started her on Tylenol and fever is down to normal.

Small sample size, but old, fat guys can come out of this just fine. PCP said plenty of fluids and rest. My other daughter, an RN, said to move around to avoid any chance of complications. Good luck.
"ROGER - OUT"
corndog04
AG
40, 6', 200 lbs, double vaxxed with Moderna in March/April. Scratchy throat Wednesday but tested negative, went downhill Wednesday night and positive test yesterday morning. Feel a little better today mainly as I think my fever has probably gone way down. So far mainly a head cold w/ only slight cough.
Reload8098
AG
Day 9 and I'm 95% back. Wife got it from me and she was back on her feet in 48 hours, feeling much better in 72, I think it is important to move around, get plenty of rest and do everything you can to lower the viral load.
Prayers for all.
P.U.T.U
AG
37, healthy, haven't got tested but been at home with my son for over a week who tested positive over the weekend. He had a fever and headache for 2 days, that was it. I had congestion and a headache for 10 minutes, no fever or anything else.

Been taking Rev's cocktail twice a day to be safe but I feel a lot less congested than I did yesterday.

First time around in 2021 my wife and daughter caught it and my daughter was tired for a morning and my wife lost her sense of smell as well as congestion. My son and I were around them the entire time and never caught it. This time around my son tested positive and my daughter never showed any symptoms. Kept my wife away since her work would have to shut down if she got sick.

I did have the Moderna vaccine but that is it. Type O negative which also helps
aginlakeway
AG
This is such a weird virus ...

Wife tested positive on Saturday 1/15. She had 102 fever and felt like crap; sneezing, runny nose, achy, tired. After 4 days of steroids and z pack, she felt 100%. She's actually back at work today. We tried to keep our distance.

I was fine ... until I started feeling bad yesterday: sore throat, runny nose, headache, achy, no fever, So I started the same steroids and z pack yesterday. I tested negative all week. Today I tested positive, but I feel much better.

What a weird virus.

Guess I'm home now for 5 days. But at least we don't have to continue trying to distance!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Reload8098
AG
If your contagious I believe she can be reinfected. Right?
Whirligigs
You will all be fine.
aTm2004
AG
So, it's like pretty much every other virus out there where it impacts everyone differently. The only thing that's changed is you're now paying attention to it.
aginlakeway
AG
Reload8098 said:

If your contagious I believe she can be reinfected. Right?

I don't think so. But we'll probably find out!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
aTm2004 said:

So, it's like pretty much every other virus out there where it impacts everyone differently. The only thing that's changed is you're now paying attention to it.

100% agree. But now I'm suppose to quarantine for 5 days, which I would never have done before with another virus. Stupid covid.
AgsMyDude
AG
My wife started feeling "off" Wednesday and some symptoms yesterday but very allergy-like. Last night and this morning it got rough. Tested positive this afternoon.

I'm trying to keep myself and 2 kids < 5 away as much as possible. Might be pointless with how contagious this thing is but might as well try?
buzzardb267
AG
AgsMyDude said:

My wife started feeling "off" Wednesday and some symptoms yesterday but very allergy-like. Last night and this morning it got rough. Tested positive this afternoon.

I'm trying to keep myself and 2 kids < 5 away as much as possible. Might be pointless with how contagious this thing is but might as well try?
I tried to keep away from my wife....she tested positive within 4 days of my showing symptoms!
"ROGER - OUT"
AgsMyDude
AG
buzzardb267 said:

AgsMyDude said:

I tried to keep away from my wife....she tested positive within 4 days of my showing symptoms!

Dang. That's about what I expect. If I make it through the weekend unscathed I'm probably good but I just don't see it happening
aginlakeway
AG
AgsMyDude said:

buzzardb267 said:

AgsMyDude said:

Dang. That's about what I expect. If I make it through the weekend unscathed I'm probably good but I just don't see it happening

I tested positive 6 days after she did; symptoms after 5 days. But I really didn't try that hard to distance.
AgsMyDude
AG
aginlakeway said:

AgsMyDude said:

buzzardb267 said:

AgsMyDude said:

I tested positive 6 days after she did; symptoms after 5 days. But I really didn't try that hard to distance.

How many days after symptoms did she test? Guess what I'm curious about is days between her start of symptoms and yours
aginlakeway
AG
AgsMyDude said:

aginlakeway said:

AgsMyDude said:

buzzardb267 said:

AgsMyDude said:

How many days after symptoms did she test? Guess what I'm curious about is days between her start of symptoms and yours

She tested positive the same morning her symptoms started. She woke up one morning with 102 fever and tested positive. She was fine the day before.

She's 100% one week later.

I tested positive 24 hours after my symptoms started. I'm better already. I now have minimal symptoms 24 hours after testing positive. The day before I tested positive was my only so-so day. But minor symptoms even then.
Reload8098
AG
Took my test 8 days after symptoms and received positive results late Friday night. That was 8 days from first symptoms and I was feeling much better. Surprised I was still positive.
AgsMyDude
AG
Anyone got tips for the body aches? Came on STRONG today, especially in the legs and lower back.
Coates
AgsMyDude said:

Anyone got tips for the body aches? Came on STRONG today, especially in the legs and lower back.

What would you do before covid? Painkillers I assume.
dubi
AG
AgsMyDude said:

I take Aleve or ibuprofen.
AgsMyDude
AG
dubi said:

AgsMyDude said:

I take Aleve or ibuprofen.

Thx. Tylenol seemed to help. I'll probably rotate between that and ibuprofen because it seems to wear off pretty quickly.

Never had body aches like this so had no idea
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.