Employer Requests For Vaccination Status (Michigan)

9,057 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Signel
CowboyGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EW2 said:

Mark Fairchild said:

I was extremely disturbed by your statement: "I will have to ignore my principles on this topic". I would ask you to deeply consider what this statement means to you. I cannot in any way try to move you on your axis, but please consider just exactly what this means on such a deep and personal plane. If, we move away from what we hold sacred in our own soul, what have we sacrificed. Please give this thought and prayer.

My reasoning was exactly how ORAggie explained following your comment here. I ended up submitting my vax status because of pressure by our VP of engineering pulling me into his office and dancing around the potential consequences without actually saying so. Had to submit because my values don't pay the bills. The company has backed off with covid policies recently and I'm pretty sure even the in-office mask policies will be going away within a month based on local and state trends.

After submitting my status, I felt physically sick. I caved on an issue that's important to me, so how can I claim to be for individual rights and the ideals that drove me to serve a long time ago. I felt like a fraud. Extreme resentment toward my employer and actively looking for another position, but at the same time I'm wondering if that would even matter. Many companies are on the ESG metric train, if not all so it would just be the same s*** elsewhere.

Regardless, if anyone is looking for a remote Señor Mechanical CAD Designer & Creo/Windchill expert and disabled veteran, I'm your guy :]

I made sure to tell my work that their vaccine mandate did not make me "feel safe" - it made me feel violated and I did not think it was appropriate for my employer to be monitoring and tracking my medical care decisions. (They we're planning to track us by vax type and date and tell us when we had to get our booster). I knew it wouldn't change anything but I told them I didn't want anyone to say that no one complained. I changed jobs in Jan and asked HR to give my record back and they refused because it needed to be part of my employment record.
Capitol Ag
AG
My hope is that companies will start reevaluating their stance on vaccination status now that things have really slowed down and people are having time to reflect on all of this. My personal experience is that many, who seemed very much in favor of stricter mitigation policies, are starting to change their tune and approach to covid now that time has past and are much more open to the idea many of us have already had that less mitigation is better in the long run. Hysteria has run the show for too long. Tracking the vax status of each and every employee and forcing vaccination and/or boosters as a policy is causing much internal strife with companies and will honestly become a drain on resources to try to implement and follow not to mention cause the loss of very good employees who choose to leave for businesses that wisely decide to avoid the trap of vaccination status. I think as time goes on this issue will become a thing of the past with the majority of businesses as they realize it's frankly just not a smart hill to die on for them and to move on from covid, slowly but surely...I hope I am right. This insanity needs to end. This is very much a perfect example of the "cure" being worse than the disease.
West Point Aggie
AG
I feel awful for the DoD civilians and former AD that I've met or know about that got canned…all because they chose to do something, about their OWN health - it is ****ing criminal!
Let’s Go Brandon!
DannyDuberstein
AG
West Point Aggie said:

I feel awful for the DoD civilians and former AD that I've met or know about that got canned…all because they chose to do something, about their OWN health - it is ****ing criminal!

Agree. Absolutely terrible. Totally political punishment, as evidenced by many of these mandates being dropped when our fearless leaders decided this was no longer a politically convenient issue. But only after destroying livelihoods
West Point Aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

West Point Aggie said:

Agree. Absolutely terrible. Totally political punishment, as evidenced by many of these mandates being dropped when our fearless feckless leaders decided this was no longer a politically convenient issue. But only after destroying livelihoods
FIFY
Let’s Go Brandon!
CrystalLakeAgbu
I don't know how you can even begin to make someone's life whole again after destroying their career with this type of mandate.

What can you possibly do?
Signel
AG
CowboyGirl said:

EW2 said:

Mark Fairchild said:

I was extremely disturbed by your statement: "I will have to ignore my principles on this topic". I would ask you to deeply consider what this statement means to you. I cannot in any way try to move you on your axis, but please consider just exactly what this means on such a deep and personal plane. If, we move away from what we hold sacred in our own soul, what have we sacrificed. Please give this thought and prayer.

My reasoning was exactly how ORAggie explained following your comment here. I ended up submitting my vax status because of pressure by our VP of engineering pulling me into his office and dancing around the potential consequences without actually saying so. Had to submit because my values don't pay the bills. The company has backed off with covid policies recently and I'm pretty sure even the in-office mask policies will be going away within a month based on local and state trends.

After submitting my status, I felt physically sick. I caved on an issue that's important to me, so how can I claim to be for individual rights and the ideals that drove me to serve a long time ago. I felt like a fraud. Extreme resentment toward my employer and actively looking for another position, but at the same time I'm wondering if that would even matter. Many companies are on the ESG metric train, if not all so it would just be the same s*** elsewhere.

Regardless, if anyone is looking for a remote Señor Mechanical CAD Designer & Creo/Windchill expert and disabled veteran, I'm your guy :]

I made sure to tell my work that their vaccine mandate did not make me "feel safe" - it made me feel violated and I did not think it was appropriate for my employer to be monitoring and tracking my medical care decisions. (They we're planning to track us by vax type and date and tell us when we had to get our booster). I knew it wouldn't change anything but I told them I didn't want anyone to say that no one complained. I changed jobs in Jan and asked HR to give my record back and they refused because it needed to be part of my employment record.
On this front, they are not allowed to keep your PHI if you request they remove it. I would contact the Office of Civil Rights and tell them. This would easily get them in trouble. Even if they are not the provider of your medical care, they are a custodian of the data they made you give up.

Their HR is likely made to sign or train on HIPAA laws due to the medical coverage and FMLA they manage. They are responsible for HIPAA Privacy rule and treating your data properly.

https://privacyrights.org/consumer-guides/hipaa-privacy-rule-patients-rights

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.