More about ivermectin

12,312 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
snowdog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This video should be eye-opening. It should at least show people that those calling it strictly a horse medicine are disingenuous at best. My goal with this thread is to help.

Vaccine, no vaccine, if you get covid, please consider this medication.

https://rumble.com/vlzihf-the-story-of-ivermectin-and-covid-19.html
fullback44
AG
most people in this forum dont want to read that story, it doesnt go with the media bias on the subject

the data behind ivermectin is undisputable, its even more crazy how its being pushed aside and even made fun of when entire countries are totally knocking covid out of the park using ivermetin

anyone calling ivermectin a horse medicine and making fun of people using it arent very smart, watch the video above and then you will realize its been used for a very very long time for river blindness in Africa, they use it as a prophylactic for the disease
Windy City Ag
AG
Most people rightly listen to their doctor over rumble.com.
fullback44
AG
Windy City Ag said:

my doctor prescribes ivermectin .. I will listen to what he has to say..
aggierogue
AG
Windy City Ag said:

My doctor prescribes Ivermectin. He brought it up without me even asking last week.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
To preface what I am about to say, people have a right to their opinion and physicians have a right to prescribe what ever they feel appropriate and pharmacists also have the right to deny or fill prescriptions based on what they believe to be appropriate.

That said, this video ignores the in vitro study required markedly toxic levels of ivermectin to demonstrate its "anti-viral properties". It also ignores the highest quality study to date on the subject from JAMA which demonstrated ivermectin to be ineffective in early disease. The TOGETHER trial (see slide 21) has reported its results, and will soon publish their results of multiple repurposed drugs to fight against COVID. It will be the highest quality evidence once published, and its results are negative for the use of ivermectin for mild COVID.

People claiming ivermectin is only a horse dewormer are misinformed much like those claiming it to be a cure. Physicians and government health agencies generally prefer to base therapies on evidence. And of the high quality evidence available, ivermectin is ineffective. We don't make decisions based on Youtube or "rumble" videos.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
snowdog90
Windy City Ag said:

Watch the video.
Windy City Ag
AG
Good ... you sought qualified help and did not try to figure out treatment protocol based on random, suspect internet propaganda. There is hope for us all.
Windy City Ag
AG
I did.
fullback44
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Good ... you sought qualified help and did not try to figure out treatment protocol based on random, suspect internet propaganda. There is hope for us all.
i hope you get your help ..
Sandman98
AG
Lots of people around here say "listen to your doctor" but they don't really mean it. They say it because it sounds "sciency" but they really only want you to listen to your doctor if he/she says what they think he should say.
curry97
AG
I took Ivermectin when I tested positive and still ended up in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. Discharging home tomorrow. Thank God.
snowdog90
curry97 said:

I took Ivermectin when I tested positive and still ended up in the hospital with Covid pneumonia. Discharging home tomorrow. Thank God.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're going home.
1876er
AG
Sandman98 said:

Lots of people around here say "listen to your doctor" but they don't really mean it. They say it because it sounds "sciency" but they really only want you to listen to your doctor if he/she says what they think he should say.

No, we say it because almost everybody'sPCP will tell them ivermectin doesn't help with Covid. Despite that people still believe Rumble videos over their doctor and buy horse paste because they have discovered the"real" truth.
Dad
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

To preface what I am about to say, people have a right to their opinion and physicians have a right to prescribe what ever they feel appropriate and pharmacists also have the right to deny or fill prescriptions based on what they believe to be appropriate.

That said, this video ignores the in vitro study required markedly toxic levels of ivermectin to demonstrate its "anti-viral properties". It also ignores the highest quality study to date on the subject from JAMA which demonstrated ivermectin to be ineffective in early disease. The TOGETHER trial (see slide 21) has reported its results, and will soon publish their results of multiple repurposed drugs to fight against COVID. It will be the highest quality evidence once published, and its results are negative for the use of ivermectin for mild COVID.

People claiming ivermectin is only a horse dewormer are misinformed much like those claiming it to be a cure. Physicians and government health agencies generally prefer to base therapies on evidence. And of the high quality evidence available, ivermectin is ineffective. We don't make decisions based on Youtube or "rumble" videos.

I wish more people would comment like this on either side of any issue.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

hope you get your help ..

Thank you?????
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Windy City Ag said:

You think that? Seriously?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
boomis
AG
Sandman98 said:

Thankfully humanity is immune to the temptations of confirmation bias when it comes to recommending eye opening videos found online.......
Sandman98
AG
1876er said:

Sandman98 said:

No, we say it because almost everybody'sPCP will tell them ivermectin doesn't help with Covid. Despite that people still believe Rumble videos over their doctor and buy horse paste because they have discovered the"real" truth.

Almost nobody is talking about horse paste. I see you're an easy mark for propaganda though.
fullback44
AG

evidently this came from John Hopkins.. not real sure though

also not sure why my Dr prescribes ivermectin or where he gets his research data from to make these decisions but I would think this is one of the main reasons.. countrys in Africa taking ivermectin for river blindness have seen far far more less covid deaths.. India has had the same results in the regions talking Ivermectin ..

BTW, I had covid last year, my Dr gave me this treatment regimen

HCQ
Doxy
Ivermectin
Steroid inhaler (dont remember which one)
zinc (some special form, cant remember this either)
vitamin D and multimin

took if for 6 days and quit taking it .. felt better after 2 days feeling kind of crappy

snowdog90
1876er said:

Sandman98 said:

This doesn't help. You are knowingly misrepresenting the video. Or maybe you didn't watch it. Yes, it's a Rumble video - talking about many studies that show ivermectin works against covid. It references many doctors who prescribe it.

Watch the video. Refute it if you can. Otherwise, please don't misrepresent it. There's not one reference to horse paste in the video.
Another Doug
AG
fullback44 said:

when entire countries are totally knocking covid out of the park using ivermetin
List them.
Spoiler alert, they are going to be mix of sub-Saharan African countries without health care, countries that don't use Ivermectin for COVID, and countries where COVID is as bad as everywhere else.

TyHolden
AG
fullback44 said:

also not sure why my Dr prescribes ivermectin or where he gets his research data from to make these decisions but I would think this is one of the main reasons.. countrys in Africa taking ivermectin for river blindness have seen far far more less covid deaths.. India has had the same results in the regions talking Ivermectin ..

HCQ
Doxy
Ivermectin
vitamin D and multimin

took if for 6 days and quit taking it .. felt better after 2 days feeling kind of crappy

same thing
Mark Fairchild
AG
Our doctor prescribed it for my wife and me, and we survived Covid.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
fullback44
AG
Another Doug said:

fullback44 said:

when entire countries are totally knocking covid out of the park using ivermetin
List them.
Spoiler alert, they are going to be mix of sub-Saharan African countries without health care, countries that don't use Ivermectin for COVID, and countries where COVID is as bad as everywhere else.

go call John Hopkinds buddy, this is their information, quit trying to shoot down the messenger, they will have all your answers I promise you. They know more about these results than you or I will ever know when debating on a message board
CondensedFogAggie
fullback44 said:

Another Doug said:

fullback44 said:

List them.

go call John Hopkinds buddy, this is their information, quit trying to shoot down the messenger, they will have all your answers I promise you. They know more about these results than you or I will ever know when debating on a message board

Speaking of Johns Hopkins, do you have a link to that graph you posted? The links in that PDF don't show it.
CondensedFogAggie
fullback44 said:

HCQ
Doxy
Ivermectin
vitamin D and multimin

Actually, here's the link embedded in that graph, but the paper doesn't show that graph, nor does it make any mention of Johns Hopkins at all. Curious if you have the actual link so I can look at the data

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.26.21254377v1.full.pdf

Another Doug
AG
Its not from Johns Hopkins, morons that believe the graph, will also believe that it some sort of "proof" from Johns Hopkins.

CSSE is a github repo from Johns Hopkins that had raw COVID data. At no point do they use any of that data to prove how great Ivermectin is, in fact the word Ivermectin doesn't even show up in the repo. Whatever contrarian stooge that put this data together got death counts from that source and they put colors on the super cool countries where they guess river blindness is a problem.
boomis
AG
fullback44 said:

Another Doug said:

fullback44 said:

List them.

It's not Johns Hopkins' information. At least the report at the other end of that link shown in the graphic isn't. Maybe the graphic itself originates from JH, but I couldn't find it.

The report itself is just 7 pages explaining how these three guys from Japan took a bunch of WHO data (we all trust the WHO, right?) and did some number crunching.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.26.21254377v1.full.pdf
CondensedFogAggie
Another Doug said:

Its not from Johns Hopkins, morons that believe the graph, will also believe that it some sort of "proof" from Johns Hopkins.

CSSE is a github repo from Johns Hopkins that had raw COVID data. At no point do they use any of that data to prove how great Ivermectin is, in fact the word Ivermectin doesn't even show up in the repo. Whatever contrarian stooge that put this data together got death counts from that source and they put colors on the super cool countries where they guess river blindness is a problem.

Right, I'm just curious why someone might borrow the name "Johns Hopkins", when anyone like us could do a search and find out they never did such research?

Other than the fact than whoever put this together probably earned some cash via clickbait because folks actually don't do data validation.

However, I'm saying 'might' because I'm actually curious of he finds and sends us the data. Open mind, ya know.

aggierogue
AG
Would be curious to see how much of the connections to big tech, Fauci, the doctors, and Remdesivir are true.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
fullback44 said:

Maybe check your definition of evidently. It would be evident that this came from Johns Hopkins if you provided a link to the source, and that source was Johns Hopkins.

The reality is, graphs without links to sources almost always came from someone on Facebook. And people don't check sources and continue spreading them. This is misinformation. You are being misinformed and you are misinforming others.
Zobel
AG
If you want to understand, read this.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/too-good-to-check-a-play-in-three

The fact that people still believe in hydroxychloroquine after very high quality evidence has shown it doesn't work (and in some cases may harm) gives me very little hope for any evidence in any direction changing peoples mind.

Ivermectin is a symptom of a larger problem.
Forum Troll
AG
Zobel said:

If you want to understand, read this.

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/too-good-to-check-a-play-in-three

The fact that people still believe in hydroxychloroquine after very high quality evidence has shown it doesn't work (and in some cases may harm) gives me very little hope for any evidence in any direction changing peoples mind.

Ivermectin is a symptom of a larger problem.

Interesting read. Certainly makes a good a case as to why some people choose to live in alternate realities, and that goes for people on both sides of the political spectrum.
Charpie
AG
aggierogue said:

Would be curious to see how much of the connections to big tech, Fauci, the doctors, and Remdesivir are true.
What connections are those?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.