TX Cares Antibody study (natural vs vaccination)

85,243 Views | 629 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by VaultingChemist
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Ok. So even though no N a decent chance I got some level of infection that created an S but the N did not remain? I S better than N?

The Nucleocapsid protein is proving to be a better defense against variants than the mutable Spike. That's why next gen vaccines are focusing on it over Spike. IBIO-202 is one such vaccine that's already received orphan drug designation from FDA....IBIO stock is prob gonna reverse split before any major potential with N vaccine, so be careful with that spec stock.
Dad
AG
Have any of you posters with a high S count gotten infected with Omicron?

My S count was >2500 a month or so ago and I have been around Omicron positive people multiple times over the last 10 days and don't know if I got Covid or not. I got a sore throat and sinus congestion but tested negative on home tests three days in a row until I ran out of them and couldn't find anymore and around that time started feeling better.

I plan on getting blood work done in a few weeks for my yearly exam and will ask my doc to approve an N test too and see what it shows.
KidDoc
AG
Dad said:

Have any of you posters with a high S count gotten infected with Omicron?

My S count was >2500 a month or so ago and I have been around Omicron positive people multiple times over the last 10 days and don't know if I got Covid or not. I got a sore throat and sinus congestion but tested negative on home tests three days in a row until I ran out of them and couldn't find anymore and around that time started feeling better.

I plan on getting blood work done in a few weeks for my yearly exam and will ask my doc to approve an N test too and see what it shows.
This is what the CDC is banking on with their booster gamble. The booster shots are nothing different (although Moderna is a lower dose) but they jack your S titer through the roof. Most studies I have read it pops into the 30k+ range! Even though it is a poor match for omicron if you have that much floating antibodies that kinda work ok it SHOULD stop omicron infection.

The real world data is currently being collected. It honestly does not look good based on today's report on NBA players. They are 97% double vaxed > 60% boosted and still getting Omicron like crazy.

Of course they probably aren't very sick, heck those super athletes would be fine with no vaccine.

Why the NBA hasn't paused despite omicron - The Washington Post
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88planoAg
AG
I had covid a year ago, Dec 24 2020. I have not had a vaccine as I have had detectible antibodies every time I've been tested.

I did all 3 Cares antibody tests, results posted in this thread.

I just went to Labcorp to get current antibody level. I still have antibodies, one year later.

Result:

SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab

tb9665
I got my second draw last week. N-negative both times. S-846 after first draw and greater than 2500 after booster. I had the Moderna shot. First in February, Second in March and Booster in November. The second draw was about 5 weeks after the booster. When receiving the first two shots no side effects. The booster side effects for about a day.
cbminers
AG
Moderna x 2, Moderna Booster
36 Male, Overweight
Multiple close, prolonged exposures (in the household), no positive tests, no precautions since ~February '21

Seems like my body manufactures antibodies in large numbers. Spike Protein numbers have yet to drop below 2500.

1/23/21 - Moderna 1

[34 Days **Longer than the typical spacing due to winter storm]

2/26/21 - Moderna 2

[>6 months]

8/31 - First Blood Draw

SARS-CoV-2 TOTAL Ab, S protein
POSITIVE
>2500
SARS-CoV-2 Total Ab, N protein
NEGATIVE

10/6/21 - Moderna Booster (~7.5 Months after Moderna 2)

[3 months]

1/3/2021 - Second Blood Draw

POSITIVE
>2500
NEGATIVE

KidDoc
AG
The Moderna booster in the studies I have read through pops your titers to 30k +. It will take a long time for them to get below that 2500 threshold.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cbminers
AG
Do we know anything yet about neutralizing thresholds?
KidDoc
AG
cbminers said:

Do we know anything yet about neutralizing thresholds?
200+ gives 85% for non-Omicron. No idea on omicron probably 5000+ or something insane judging by how efficiently it is spreading among vaccinated populations.
AW96
AG
Edit- Meant to post this on different thread. Sorry. Still there's some numbers info included that may help.

Covid x2 now.
I'm still unvaccinated (been on the fence forever as I'm an over analyzer/ worrier and have been getting recommendations both ways from MDs) and have now just had my 2nd case of Covid as has my whole immediate family.
Covid round #1- July 2021- hit me pretty good with fevers for 10 days and other usual symptoms- loss of taste/ smell- was following Rev's vitamin protocol and did Ivermectin/ other meds he prescribed, but didn't start until day 6. Spouse presented differently, was higher risk, did monoclonal antibodies on day 5 and felt significantly better next day. Oldest kid had rough go 1st time around, but all got better at home. Younger ones- non event.
Planned to join Texas Cares after a few months, but it unexpectedly closed the night before I planned to enroll. Then life happened with non Covid family medical issues (parents)/ got busy. Finally got PCP to run antibody test on 12/16/21 and S protein measured 446 five months after Covid #1. (Didn't get N protein level) Was debating what to do, hoping it was high enough for now when Covid round 2 got us right after Christmas. Will say this round was much milder and we are all feeling good now- just very minor cough/ sniffles lingering. I had fever for 4 days this time, but lower than in July and never felt that bad. Last time (July) it was awful although we all kept oxygen fine. Spouse and oldest kid did fine this time too without extra treatments besides our vitamins that we've been taking for last 18 months (do take higher doses when sick and I did the 50000 VIT D mega dose again). We couldn't get through to any doctors to get special Rx/ Treatments this time with holiday timing/ closures. Thankful that we did well- guessing it's combo of weaker variant and our natural immunity/ antibodies kicking in to fight it.
AgsMyDude
AG
AgsMyDude said:

32-year-old, J&J April 2021

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein
POSITIVE *

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative)

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies
NEGATIVE *

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative

I know for sure I've been exposed multiple times but one of the closest was 10 months ago (pre-vax)

Round 2 - 1/12/22

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein - POSITIVE *
COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative) - 98.6
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies - NEGATIVE *
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative - 0.0

Surprised at no N protein. Have been living pretty much normal since last summer, only really wearing masks when required (flying, etc.).
combat wombat™
AG
I had Covid in late May 2021. First blood draw August 2021 and second blood draw January 2022. I'm positive on the two tests that are positive/negative.

I've never been vaccinated. Can someone explain these results to me? S protein is the spike protein? N protein is the nucleocapsid protein? Is either of these "better"? Why would the S protein remain constant and the Nprotein drop (111 to 48ish)?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Spike can be generated by infection and/or vaccine. N is only generated by infection. Yours are kind of interesting because from what I've seen, S is a bit low but the N seems solid.
combat wombat™
AG
My infection was very mild. I was around infected family members for about 10-14 days before testing positive.
AggieFlyboy
AG
My S went from 1500 to 1100 and N from 10.8 to 5.9, I had Covid in the Fall of 20
cbminers
AG
cbminers
AG
cbminers said:

36 Male, Overweight
Multiple close, prolonged exposures (in the household), no positive tests, no precautions since ~February '21

Seems like my body manufactures antibodies in large numbers. Spike Protein numbers have yet to drop below 2500.

1/23/21 - Moderna 1

2/26/21 - Moderna 2

[>6 months]

8/31 - First Blood Draw

POSITIVE
>2500
NEGATIVE

[3 months]

POSITIVE
>2500
NEGATIVE

Moderna x2 + Booster

>2500 spike protein as of Jan. 3

Just popped positive, presumably Omicron. I have what i would call bad cold symptoms. Severe nasal congestion, drainage, sore throat, mild chest congestion, mild chills.

Thought this would be an interesting data point re: neutralizing spike protein levels.
Charpie
AG
That sucks.
AgsMyDude
AG
AgsMyDude said:

AgsMyDude said:

32-year-old, J&J April 2021

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein
POSITIVE *

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative)

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies
NEGATIVE *

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative

I know for sure I've been exposed multiple times but one of the closest was 10 months ago (pre-vax)

Round 2 - 1/12/22

COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein - POSITIVE *
COVID-19 Antibodies, Spike Protein (Quantitative) - 98.6
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies - NEGATIVE *
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Total Antibodies Quantitative - 0.0

Surprised at no N protein. Have been living pretty much normal since last summer, only really wearing masks when required (flying, etc.).

Well wife just tested positive so we'll see how my protection is
KidDoc
AG
cbminers said:

cbminers said:

36 Male, Overweight

1/23/21 - Moderna 1

2/26/21 - Moderna 2

[>6 months]

8/31 - First Blood Draw

POSITIVE
>2500
NEGATIVE

[3 months]

POSITIVE
>2500
NEGATIVE

Moderna x2 + Booster

>2500 spike protein as of Jan. 3

Just popped positive, presumably Omicron. I have what i would call bad cold symptoms. Severe nasal congestion, drainage, sore throat, mild chest congestion, mild chills.

Thought this would be an interesting data point re: neutralizing spike protein levels.
Yup this is exactly why I have not done a booster. I don't think it will do anything to prevent a mild Omicron infection judging from the NBA & NFL. The original MRNA vaccines are just poorly matched to Omicron.
dubi
AG
I find it intriguing that my S Protein is still at 1958; my 2nd Moderna shot was Feb 12, 2021 and I did not get a booster.

Charpie
AG
that's fantastic!
KidDoc
AG
Your N protein is going up, you had a recent wild infection. That is why your S protein bumped back up as well.
dubi
AG
KidDoc said:

Your N protein is going up, you had a recent wild infection. That is why your S protein bumped back up as well.
I suspected that I had Covid because I had a fever on Jan 5th when i went to a dr appt where they used a real mouth thermometer and it was 99.8. My normal is 97ish. This is actually good news for me.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Im curious how my third draw will result.

I had a significant exposure to confirmed positive about 10'days ago. Wife and I have both felt meh since Saturday. 5 yr old daughter tested positive. Her only symptom was a 99.5 fever. Only reason we tested her was school required to return. Now all kiddos are home in quarantine, still kind of meh. Like a very mild cold.

Last test my spike protein was off charts from vax, and N protein was below detectable levels. Had the OG COVID 7/2020. So round two is happening. I should be due for last draw in next 2-3 weeks
AgsMyDude
AG
I'm also eager to see my best draw because I'm just getting over my infection. Tested positive last Saturday and it hit pretty hard tbh. Was tied up in bed for several days and missed work Mon/Tuesday. Nothing like a mild cold. Hit my wife pretty hard too, we were both vaxxed no boosters though.

Rooting hard for a damn high N protein
dubi
AG
AgsMyDude said:

I'm also eager to see my best draw because I'm just getting over my infection. Tested positive last Saturday and it hit pretty hard tbh. Was tied up in bed for several days and missed work Mon/Tuesday. Nothing like a mild cold. Hit my wife pretty hard too, we were both vaxxed no boosters though.

I think you should expect a delay in your antibodies going up measurably.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Maybe, but my N was at 123 three weeks after testing positive last year. But it did continue to increase and was at 220 six months later (then 159 three months after that)
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Just counted out the 90 days. March 3rd. Should give me time to build up some strong N.
AgsMyDude
AG
dubi said:

AgsMyDude said:

I am expecting a delay. I just tested 3 weeks ago so my next draw won't be for awhile.
AggieDoc10
AG
I got my second draw on 1/3 and my spike protein was <2500 from the booster (was 118 in late Sept prior to booster). Pfizer for all three.

Literally 10 days later, no crowds or any known reason (other than the fact omicron was out and about) I was infected. I live alone, had not visited anyone, been close to anyone, gone to a meeting, church, etc, even work had gone temporarily virtual to avoid this. Just gone to quick grocery trips--in and out--and such. Prior to that I had no natural encounters with Covid. Next draw will be interesting.

By the way, Covid lasted a good 19 days, tested positive on rapid antigens (so active infection) for two-plus weeks, still have the occasional coughing fit and am tired, so not really feeling all like the booster cheerleader (BUT of course I have no clue how bad it would have been without it, so no real statement there). I do have asthma, and I am sure that contributes.

Most telling part was going from <2500 to very sick in 10 days.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Purely anecdotal: everyone that I know that has had it post being boosted it seems to last longer. All my kids it lasted for about a day and a half, some
Lingering cough for a few days but all other symptoms came and went overnight. I tested positive on a home antigen test, 10 days after my initial exposure, and 4 days after my daughter tested positive. I get fine, just a bit tired for two days, and then had a nasty phlegmy cough for 3 days.

My boys and other daughter tested negative on same test but still had a half day of fever and sniffles. Wife never tested, but she had all the same symptoms. Both wife and I got vaccinated but will not get a booster as we don't think it is necessary or useful. Kids won't be getting any of the current vaccines. Doesn't make sense as we have had worse runs with RSV..
Charpie
AG
I'm getting my third blood draw tomorrow morning before heading to Vegas for a week. It will be interesting to see if I have had it already.
jpb1999
AG
dubi said:

AgsMyDude said:

How long of a delay? Had it 3 weeks back and due for my second blood draw. How long should I wait?
Charpie
AG
Still above 2500 for vaccine antibodies. Still negative for COVID

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.