Have there been ANY adverse events reported with Pfizer/Moderna?

7,075 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Petrino1
Scotts Tot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am taking it upon myself to try to convince my elderly grandmother to get a vaccine. My aunt, who is the loudest mouth of the family, is a hardline antivaxxer and has basically scared her out of it. The other siblings don't seem to feel it's worth the drama to try and talk my grandmother into it.

So I am going to talk to her about it. Would I be correct in telling her that there have been basically zero serious adverse events in the hundreds of millions of doses administered so far? And that the risk to her from the disease outweighs any risk of the vaccine by such a large measure as not even be comparable?

Thanks
Old Buffalo
AG
Scotts Tot said:

Would I be correct in telling her that there have been basically zero serious adverse events in the hundreds of millions of doses administered so far?
No. There are many, but a small % overall - Yes.

Quote:

And that the risk to her from the disease outweighs any risk of the vaccine by such a large measure as not even be comparable?
Yes.

Over 65+ - Get the Vaccine
40-65 - Debate it
<40 - Not necessary, but not discouraged
Aston94
AG
I think you do a comparison of adverse consequences for a person your grandmother's age (assuming 70+) of the vaccine and adverse consequences of the virus.

Death rate and long terms issues with Covid dramatically outweigh side effects of the vaccine, in my opinion, and the numbers clearly back that up.

There are a few who have had reactions to the vaccine, a very small %. The percentage of people, especially over 40, who have had negative reactions to Covid far, far, far outweighs the vaccine reactions.

But logic is sometime lost on people, like your aunt.
waitwhat?
Tell her that typically something like 1 in 1,000,000 people, or 0.0001% have serious adverse effects from vaccines and that the CDC and FDA have approved the vaccines for everyone, including fragile people with chronic conditions.

Then, tell her that according to official data and CDC estimates the infection fatality rate of the virus on people 65+ is 3.3%, or 33,000 people per 1,000,000 infections, and that rate increases dramatically the older you get.

Then ask her if she wants to take her chances being the 1 in 1,000,000 or one of the 33,000 in 1,000,000?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
erube
AG
waitwhat? said:

Tell her that typically something like 1 in 1,000,000 people, or 0.0001% have serious adverse effects from vaccines and that the CDC and FDA have approved the vaccines for everyone, including fragile people with chronic conditions.

Then, tell her that according to official data and CDC estimates the infection fatality rate of the virus on people 65+ is 3.3%, or 33,000 people per 1,000,000 infections, and that rate increases dramatically the older you get.

Then ask her if she wants to take her chances being the 1 in 1,000,000 or one of the 33,000 in 1,000,000?
These stats even overplay the "adverse" effects from Pfizer/Moderna vs a death rate from COVID.

1 in 1,000,000 was the rate of bloodclots from J&J. But only 1 person died.
JustKochAg
AG
My 99 year old grandmother got the vaccine - (Phizer) and only downside she had was she was tired - but after that she was fine.
KidDoc
AG
I have not seen any reports of severe adverse effects from the mRNA vaccine at this time. Just the typical flu-like symptoms for 1-3 days after dose #2.

I know there was one death from ITP thought not to be related to vaccine, in Florida if I recall.

Please share if you do find any confirmed reports though!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
West Point Aggie
AG
JustKochAg said:

My 99 year old grandmother got the vaccine - (Phizer) and only downside she had was she was tired - but after that she was fine.

My 90yo mamma had the same reaction; a day later she was complaining she was out of bourbon.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Dad
AG
Your grandma should definitely get the shot. You take on a risk whether you do something or nothing and for her the risk from Covid is probably 100 times greater than the shot. If she was your niece instead of your grandma then it might be less risky to do nothing and take your chances with getting Covid.
94chem
Tell her she's finally at the age where she can worry more about what she can catch than what she can eat, and she's got it backwards.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Signel
AG
At our regional hub our high output was 17k in a day but we would average around 13k-ish. We would see a few reactions each clinic to the vaccine. Of those incidents, the vast majority of the 3 to 10 a day would require an IV drip of antihistamine to address the reactions. It was rare that those that had a reaction had visible signs of a reaction. I believe plenty of folks had panic attacks and general anxiety. We had lots of people get all the way to the shot and then opt out from fear.

Very rarely have we had someone that was rushed away to the hospital. Off the top of my head I remember two specific times. To my knowledge, none of our hundreds of thousands vaccinated have died. We've also vaccinated many folks over 90 and even a few over 100.

My statistics are strictly based on what I know personally so take that for what it's worth..
aggieduke
AG
Slightly off topic...but...any new data on how long the shot will last. It was a hot topic on here but I haven't seen anything on it lately.
Philippians 4:13
KidDoc
AG
Well so far at least 6 months!

No way to really tell without time passing. I suspect it will last 5+ years for the mRNA ones at least but have no data to prove that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Furious
AG
I have a rare (in this country) autoimmune kidney disease. I've been trying to get details on the vaccine and my condition. I've found a nephrologist in OH with 2 patients that had acute activation of the disease after the Moderna vaccine.

Anyways, this probably doesn't apply to most people but I'd say it's an adverse affect for me.
Goose06
AG
I think its far too early to suggest we know the long term side effects from these particular vaccines. Nonetheless, if you are 75 years old or older, the long term side effects just aren't all that big of a deal to you because you are not that far from dying anyway.

That being said, it bothers me when I see people downplay the potential negative outcomes for the vaccines by suggesting only 1 person has died or only 1 in 1,000,000 die from the vaccine as we just don't know that to be true yet. Numerous drugs took years or even decades before we knew how bad their side effects were.

From 1958-1962 Thalidomide was used to treat morning sickness before we realized it caused birth defects in thousands of babies. That's 5 years of the drug being in circulation before we realized this terrible side effect. Here are other examples you can learn about with a very quick google search:

- Valdecoxib (Bextra) was on the market 5 years, pulled for various reasons but causes heart issues such as heart attack and stroke
- Pemoline (Cylert) on the market 35 years before eventually being recalled. Causes liver damage.
- Levamisole (Ergamisol) on the market 12 years but pulled because it causes major issues with the eye (honestly the article I read was above my head, but it said eye surgery was required for one of the side effects).
- Rofecoxib (Vioxx) on the market 5 years before it was found to be linked to 30k heart attacks.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) on the market 30 years to treat acne before we realized it causes birth defects, miscarriage, suicidal ideation and a number of other things.
- Sibutramine (Meridia) on the market 15 years before being pulled. Increases risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Terfenadine (Seldane) on the market 15 years, this antihistamine was recalled due to fatal heart problems that manifested when taken with either erythromycin or ketoconazole.
- Efalizumab (Raptiva) was on the market for 7 years before being recalled. This biologic was used to treat psoriasis, but was later recalled when it was found to cause progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathya rare and lethal disease that results in inflammation and damage of the white matter of the brain and central nervous system.
- not a drug in the medical sense of the word, but smoking was even endorsed by medical doctors in ad campaigns the 40's and 50s.

So while there may not be any danger in taking these vaccines, there was a time when each of the above listed drugs (and many many other drugs) were believed to be safer than they turned out to be after a longer history. These vaccines are still under emergency use authorization by the FDA whereas I believe all of the above listed drugs had received full approval from the FDA. And keep in mind, many many drugs are being used under FDA approval despite their severe side effects so long as the side effects are disclosed, including Thalidomide talked about above that causes severe birth defects.

In my (non-scientific) experience, it is extremely difficult to prove something does not exist. Take UFO's for example... Ha, back on topic... How are we to know that these vaccines can't cause say Alzheimer's or stroke or dementia or liver disease? I am sure scientists who have studied them would have a better idea of which of these is most possible or probable, but I would doubt they can 100% say any are not possible. Just like the above list of drugs where they probably thought these particular side effects were unlikely, after years of being in circulation, we later determined that they do in fact cause certain very bad side effects. How long were those drugs tested before being approved? I suspect in all cases the answer is more than 1 year.

All of that being said, if I were 80 years old I would be getting the vaccine. If I was 65 and otherwise healthy, I would be on the fence about it. If I was 50 and otherwise healthy, I would not get the vaccine. Just my position on the risk I am willing to take versus the perceived benefit.
TXTransplant
Drugs and vaccines are NOT the same. They function in the body in VERY different ways. To try to say that what happened with thalidomide or those other drugs - or smoking - is applicable to vaccines is disingenuous.

You're basically trying to make the argument that nothing is safe. Do you take any vaccines? Because I can think of several off the top of my head that haven't been around for 15, 20, or 30 years. How do you do a "long-term study" of a vaccine without giving it to people? How many people have to die of a preventable virus because we are waiting on some arbitrary "long term data" to prove the vaccine is safe?

Not to mention, we have decades of data on vaccines, and as a class of "treatments", it's very well known that adverse affects show up in the first few weeks/months, not years later. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this vaccine is any different.
Goose06
AG
TXTransplant said:

Drugs and vaccines are NOT the same. They function in the body in VERY different ways. To try to say that what happened with thalidomide or those other drugs - or smoking - is applicable to vaccines is disingenuous.

You're basically trying to make the argument that nothing is safe. Do you take any vaccines? Because I can think of several off the top of my head that haven't been around for 15, 20, or 30 years. How do you do a "long-term study" of a vaccine without giving it to people? How many people have to die of a preventable virus because we are waiting on some arbitrary "long term data" to prove the vaccine is safe?

Not to mention, we have decades of data on vaccines, and as a class of "treatments", it's very well known that adverse affects show up in the first few weeks/months, not years later. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest this vaccine is any different.
I am not making the argument that nothing is safe. I am suggesting that over time we learn that things we thought were safe are not as safe as we once thought. To your point, maybe this is less likely to occur with vaccines? I suspect you are correct, but I still can't say for certain that vaccines don't have the capability of long term negative side effects.

Like I said, it comes down to ones own risk reward calculation. I view the benefit of the vaccine as extremely small for myself and particularly for my kids (ages 1, 4, 6 and 8) so I don't think its in my best interest to get the vaccine at this time. A year from now, I will have better information and may change my mind. Same for 5 years from now and 25 years from now.
BamaAggies
3 nurses/healthcare workers injured by Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. Their health insurance is denying their medical claims. Also, it didn't sound like the NVICP is an option.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/X0fov5PnPMwO/ (bit chute)

From last week's ACIP meeting, concerning children 12-15 years old:

"COVID-19 and other vaccines may now be administered without regard to timing. This includes simultaneous administration of COVID-19 and other vaccines on the same day, as well as co-administration within 14 days."

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/slides-2021-05-12.html

If children experience an adverse reaction when they receive a Covid vaccine at the same time as other vaccines, are their health insurance claims covered?

Gordo14
Drugs and vaccines are so fundamentally different that the comparisons you are making don't even make any sense. And even if they did, you could argue the same about anything the medical community does to treat anything. But you know what also has been known to cause health issues great and small? Illnesses like COVID. COVID and the the vaccine fundamentally do the same thing (put mRNA into your cells), however one of them aims for cellular destruction and limitless replication (COVID) while the other makes a little bit of spike protein (vaccine). So how could you ever worry the long term health consequences of the vaccine are worse than COVID? It fundamentally doesn't make any sense.
Goose06
AG
Gordo14 said:

Drugs and vaccines are so fundamentally different that the comparisons you are making don't even make any sense. And even if they did, you could argue the same about anything the medical community does to treat anything. But you know what also has been known to cause health issues great and small? Illnesses like COVID. COVID and the the vaccine fundamentally do the same thing (put mRNA into your cells), however one of them aims for cellular destruction and limitless replication (COVID) while the other makes a little bit of spike protein (vaccine). So how could you ever worry the long term health consequences of the vaccine are worse than COVID? It fundamentally doesn't make any sense.
I'm glad you have gotten yourself so comfortable.
KidDoc
AG
Do you have a source or link for 3500 deaths?
TXTransplant
This article is from 2017.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2017/may/11/bill-zedler/bill-zedler-insists-program-doesnt-collect-wide-ra/

Anyone who is sharing raw VAERS data is spreading false anti-vax propaganda and is fear-mongering. From the article:

Quote:

Rehka Lakshmanan of the Immunization Partnership, responding to our inquiry, suggested we look up an anesthesiologist she described as having reported to the VAERS that after a vaccination, he felt like he was turning into the Hulk of Marvel Comics fame.

In a July 2005 web post, Dr. James R. Laidler wrote: "The chief problem with the VAERS data is that reports can be entered by anyone and are not routinely verified. To demonstrate this, a few years ago I entered a report that an influenza vaccine had turned me into The Hulk. The report was accepted and entered into the database.

"Because the reported adverse event was so unusual," Laidler wrote, "a representative of VAERS contacted me. After a discussion of the VAERS database and its limitations, they asked for my permission to delete the record, which I granted. If I had not agreed, the record would be there still, showing that any claim can become part of the database, no matter how outrageous or improbable."

We did not find primary documentation of Laidler's described VAERS submission though he reaffirmed such actions in a phone interview. Laidler, of Portland, Ore., said he recalled submitting a report in the early 2000s stating that after a measles vaccination, his skin turned green, his muscles grew and he started having rage problems--all symptoms intended to show he was becoming the Hulk. Laidler said his greater point, in the face of others who were citing VAERS entries as an indication the measles vaccination causes autism, was that anyone may report any adverse effect of a vaccination to the program.

It's up to the CDC and a panel of doctors to evaluate the VAERS reports and determine if they are valid. That's done independently of VAERS.
texan12
Some things I'm trying to weigh-

I'm sure the vaccine is safe since they give it to military, doctors, etc and Ive heard that mRNA technology has been around since the mid 2000s, but what are the greatest long-term side effects that could happen with mRNA vaccines? Surely they have weighed the pros and cons even though it took some time to implement the technology.

If there is another corona variant that is more deadly in the future, would this vaccine protect against that? This is big for me since there is a huge lack of trust with China in general.

A part of me wants to fulfill my social obligation and another knows corporate/government money being tossed around can muddy the waters. It seems like there are two camps with the vaccine- those who are at risk and those who just want to get back to normal. I guess they both have a point!

TXTransplant
I can't believe I'm even responding to this, but if anyone wants to investigate the deaths reported to VAERS, download the data. I'm looking at it now, and so far, I've seen reports for the following:

An 88 year old nursing home patient who was unresponsive when the vaccine was administered.

A 99 year old who had been refusing all food and medication for a week prior to being vaccinated.

80 and 90 year olds who were already very ill and caught Covid just a few days after being vaccinated.

A 94 year old who had a heart attack two weeks prior to being vaccinated.

A 97 year old who died of a heart attack/stroke but was in "great health" before that, according to her daughter, who also filed the report.

There are dozens of reports (70s, 80s, and 90s) of elderly patients who were already in hospice and had dementia, congenital heart failure, kidney failure, etc.

A bunch of the reports have very limited medical information and no autopsy was done.

As far as reports for younger people...

A report of a female whose age was reported as 1.08 who died by suicide.

A 23 year old who was in an assisted living facility and on a ventilator because he had encephalopathy and seizure disorder.

A 28 year old male who committed suicide by stepping in front of a truck.

A 29 year old with profound metabolic acidosis, liver failure, renal failure, and sepsis.

A 17 year old who committed suicide.

A 27 year old with an eating disorder whose husband stated the patient had a history of 2nd Degree Type 2 heart block a pacemaker placed at the age of 14, and current issues with an eating disorder dx with anorexia. She weighed approximately 68-70 pounds at the time of vaccination and refused to go to her PCP because of her eating disorder. Husband insists the vaccine caused her death.

An infant who passed away after the mother was vaccinated. The mother received the vaccine after the baby was delivered, so it had no direct contact with the vaccine.

Do I really have to go on? As outraged as people have been about fear-mongering the last year, why would we want the media reporting this?

Edited to add this one - supposedly reporting the death of a TWO year old (forget the fact that two year olds can't be vaccinated). Below is copied and pasted from the "report".

she was going to die/dies after vaccine; 2-year-old patient; This is a spontaneous report from a non-contactable consumer via a Pfizer-sponsored program. The patient''s medical history and concomitant medications were not reported. It was reported that the 2-year-old dies after vaccine on 03Mar2021. Reported on VAERS. Look for the researchers to exclude her from the study, probably claiming her death had nothing to do with the shot, she was going to die that day, five days after vaccination anyway. That''s how they roll. The patient died on 03Mar2021. The outcome of the event was fatal. Reported Cause(s) of Death: she was going to die
Aries
She should get it. But I saw a handful of adverse events when giving them out.

One did almost die.
BamaAggies
Medical professionals on Medscape discussing adverse reactions to the vaccines.

https://t.co/3coU7WDrVZ
Ribbed Paultz
Picadillo said:

More adverse events reported in the VAERS (vaccine adverse events reporting system) than from ALL vaccines in the past 20 years combined. To date, approx 3500 deaths and far greater number of injuries. We used to pull vaccines off the market if they had 50 deaths.

Question the logic of taking a non-approved experimental injection involving a new technology (mRNA), for something that has a 99% + recovery rate, while wagging one's finger at those who refuse.

It's pretty ridiculous this kind of false info from a poster known for posting false info is allowed to stay up.
buffalo chip
S
Scotts Tot said:

I am taking it upon myself to try to convince my elderly grandmother to get a vaccine. My aunt, who is the loudest mouth of the family, is a hardline antivaxxer and has basically scared her out of it. The other siblings don't seem to feel it's worth the drama to try and talk my grandmother into it.

So I am going to talk to her about it. Would I be correct in telling her that there have been basically zero serious adverse events in the hundreds of millions of doses administered so far? And that the risk to her from the disease outweighs any risk of the vaccine by such a large measure as not even be comparable?

Thanks
Good on you. Your last point is all that needs to be said to a grandmother in the 65+ age category. The opinion spouted by your aunt should be ignored (generally, if this is an example of her cognitive output).

At this stage of the COVID crisis, it is hard to believe that this particular debate (vaccination of a 65+ YO) is still ongoing.

Best of luck.
BamaAggies
Ribbed Paultz said:

Picadillo said:

More adverse events reported in the VAERS (vaccine adverse events reporting system) than from ALL vaccines in the past 20 years combined. To date, approx 3500 deaths and far greater number of injuries. We used to pull vaccines off the market if they had 50 deaths.

Question the logic of taking a non-approved experimental injection involving a new technology (mRNA), for something that has a 99% + recovery rate, while wagging one's finger at those who refuse.

It's pretty ridiculous this kind of false info from a poster known for posting false info is allowed to stay up.

Specifically, which part is false? You are saying this user is posting false info, but find it unnecessary to cite ONE source to prove your point. Evidently, based on nothing, you are right. Got it. We should remove his post because you have fact checked it for us. Before it is flagged for removal, please tell us what the actual number of deaths from the vaccines are, so we all know how wrong Picadillo is.

Did you also have a problem with his figure of 50 deaths? That did stand out to me. The RSV vaccine, Swine Flu, and Rotashield were all pulled after a much lower number of deaths.

Or, was it that he didn't specify a specific age range for the COVID recovery rate? Clearly, 99%+ applies to almost all age groups.

The government has known for a decade that VAERS has problems based on the Harvard study they commissioned which found the system was grossly underreporting adverse events caused by vaccines, but has never gotten around to fixing the reporting system. VAERS has been in place for 30 years and it was created by the government after they gave liability protection to vaccine manufacturers. I guess they didn't think it was very important back then to have an accurate system when they were dramatically increasing the number of vaccines given to babies, especially when they were overdosing the **** out of them with ethylmercury. What government source is Picadillo supposed to cite? He doesn't appear to have access to the VSD.

Maybe Picadillo watches Tucker, who appears to be reporting similar findings.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/RpiKWmnJbudg/ (bit chute)
Ribbed Paultz
All you have to do is read TXTransplant's post from a few posts up where he details several obviously fake death reports in VAERS. The government doesn't seem to have the resources to track down each individual faulty report, which is too bad because anti-vaxxers jump on each fake report like white on rice.
BamaAggies
Ribbed Paultz said:

All you have to do is read TXTransplant's post from a few posts up where he details several obviously fake death reports in VAERS. The government doesn't seem to have the resources to track down each individual faulty report, which is too bad because anti-vaxxers jump on each fake report like white on rice.

I'm with you now. Your preferred source is some random non-doctor on TexAgs, who doesn't include ID#s to the cases he mentions, which makes it much easier to know what he is talking about. You don't have a better source?

Just so I am clear, the ONLY problem you have with Picadillo's post is that he is referring to the system the government has had in place for 30 years to find signals for vaccine issues? Everything else was true. However, you don't offer the correct data that he should be citing and you don't know how many people have died from the vaccine. Clearly, you have proven without a doubt that his information is completely false and his post should be removed.

TXTransplant
Ribbed Paultz said:

It's not just fake reports (although, I'm sure there are plenty of those). Medical professionals are required to report any death within so many days of the vaccine, even if they know the vaccine wasn't the cause (ie, suicide). That's going to clutter up the data with irrelevant deaths.

However, based on the reports that have come out about the myocarditis, I feel confident that the FDA and CDC are working with medical professionals to follow up on the valid reports.
01agtx
AG
TXTransplant said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

It's not just fake reports (although, I'm sure there are plenty of those). Medical professionals are required to report any death within so many days of the vaccine, even if they know the vaccine wasn't the cause (ie, suicide). That's going to clutter up the data with irrelevant deaths.

However, based on the reports that have come out about the myocarditis, I feel confident that the FDA and CDC are working with medical professionals to follow up on the valid reports.

As a medical professional, most don't even know VAERS exists.
TXTransplant
Interesting because the website makes a point to say that medical professionals are required by law to report.
01agtx
AG
TXTransplant said:

Interesting because the website makes a point to say that medical professionals are required by law to report.

I don't know what to tell you. I can for sure say that VAERS is not taught in nursing school. They briefly touched on the vaccine schedule but that was really only to say this is what it is. I've never known one preceptor to teach about VAERS to a new nurse and I've been in pediatrics almost my whole career.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.