Poll: covid origin

13,619 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Pizza
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Newoldarmy said:

Most likely is that it was engineered in Wuhan for nefarious purposes and escaped due to incompetence.

It escaped for "political reasons" .. there fixed it for you
B-1 83
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

B-1 83 said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Quote:

I'd say if that money or money from our military helped fund what eventually led to the accidental or intentional release of the virus, they absolutely deserve some of the blame..

Then you are forced to argue they should never be giving grants to anyone, anywhere, ever on the basis that someone might lie about the funding utilization and it slip through the cracks. And scientific innovation both here and globally suddenly takes a huge it.
You are genuinely clueless about the nature of Chinese and the Chinese Communist Party.

I think it is you who doesn't understand how intertwined our economies and scientific endeavors are. At present, thousands and thousands of American and Chinese scientists operate in each other's countries or with each other's funding on numerous projects and this relationship has tremendously benefited your life in ways you likely wouldn't know about unless I told you. You use no less than 10 objects/products/services every day that are at least in part due to this relationship.
You are talking about a CCP government that intentionally killed 10s of millions of its own people over the years, and let infected people out of Wuhan fly all over the world. Do you honestly think they worry about diverting or misrepresenting funds?
94chem
Infection_Ag11 said:

Double Diamond said:

Just seems unlikely that in city that works on dangerous virus that the leak didn't come from the lab.

But that's not evidence, that's essentially magical thinking. It's drawing a casual relationship between two things without any good reason for doing so.

You seem to have a root cause investigation confused with a criminal court case.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Ranger222
AG
Double Diamond said:

It actually has many signs pointing to gain of function research.

WHERE. IS. THE. EVIDENCE.

If you're going to say this, you better have something to back it up other than a one sentence message board post.

If there are "many signs", then it should be pretty easy for you to give me at least three.

If you can't, then you are making a false statement. Pretty simple.
Ranger222
AG
GAC06 said:

The director of the NIH admitted they have no clue whether their grant money was used for the intended purpose.

Welcome to the world of NIH funding. Hardly any research lab uses the grant money for the "intended" purpose. Would you like to hear my TED talk on why the NIH grant funding system is broken?
notex
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

It most likely represents a species jump. The virus doesn't contain the genetic hallmarks of gain of function research.
There is literally zero evidence of a species jump. If this were the case, even by a preponderance of the evidence standard, another species (or at least a single specimen) with the virus would have been found. Really, it's beyond a reasonable doubt at this point though.

The double CGG spike protein insertion alone, and proximity to WIV (working with/for Peter Daszak) vs. the supposed bats with the disease precursor (over 500 miles away) are vastly less likely to have been the provenance.

Please stop spreading disinformation on this forum. Thx.

nortex97
AG
notex said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

It most likely represents a species jump. The virus doesn't contain the genetic hallmarks of gain of function research.
There is literally zero evidence of a species jump. If this were the case, even by a preponderance of the evidence standard, another species (or at least a single specimen) with the virus would have been found. Really, it's beyond a reasonable doubt at this point though.

The double CGG spike protein insertion alone, and proximity to WIV (working with/for Peter Daszak) vs. the supposed bats with the disease precursor (over 500 miles away) are vastly less likely to have been the provenance.

Exactly. Take it to F16 if you want to spread a political narrative. There's nothing scientific or evidence-based in any way about 'species jump.' It's just a political foil non-experts believe.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Quote:

There is literally zero evidence of a species jump.

The phylogenetic analysis points to a natural evolution.

Quote:

another species (or at least a single specimen) with the virus would have been found.

This isn't necessarily true, especially given species jump events can potentially be the result of gene transmission between viruses within a single animal and never infect another member of that species. This has been the case with several minor flu strains throughout history (presumptively anyway).

Quote:

The double CGG spike protein insertion alone

I find it strange that this claim is being so wildly circulated, as it's just not true. Yes, it's a common insertion sequence but it absolutely can occur naturally. We even know it can naturally occur within coronaviruses, as the arginine couplet is actually seen in a known naturally occurring coronavirus strain from cats.

Quote:

proximity to WIV (working with/for Peter Daszak) vs. the supposed bats with the disease precursor (over 500 miles away) are vastly less likely to have been the provenance.

Nobody ever said it had to be from a bat (or at least that the direct transmission event was with a bat), and generally such events occur when an animal is infected by at least two separate strains of a given virus, sometimes an independent species from which the original mutated strains came from. SARS-CoV2 in some aspects actually more closely resembles several strains of coronavirus that infect pangolins, though much of the genome does appear to have evolved from various bat coronaviruses. But all that to say, it's wildly oversimplistic when people talk about a virus leaping from one host species to another species directly. There's usually either another virus from another species that coinfected the animal "patient zero", or there's an intermediate species that may not even develop disease. It's important to note that viruses can be transmitted from a species that the virus isn't capable of causing illness in but can persist in a transmissible form for a short period of time.

The proximity to the lab is, again, purely circumstantial evidence.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
nortex97 said:

notex said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

Exactly. Take it to F16 if you want to spread a political narrative. There's nothing scientific or evidence-based in any way about 'species jump.' It's just a political foil non-experts believe.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-0771-4

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-79484-8

And those aren't from some random journal, they're from Nature. That's arguably the most reputable scientific journal in the world, and some of the names of those studies are the best in the world in their fields.

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/17/9241

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10311-020-01151-1

https://virological.org/t/exploring-the-natural-origins-of-sars-cov-2/595
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
AG
And sorry about the weird emoticon choice, that was unintentional
nortex97
AG
Citing old articles doesn't bely the fact that you have a long settled hard and fast position on the origin, narrative, and heroes of the pandemic, and are not open to revisiting it. You may like Nature but it is not an apolitical publication, open to science/data.

I've posted dozens of articles about the reasons for believing this was not a 'natural' or zoonotic in origin virus, and won't humor you for this board's limited viewership to repost them all here as I think most who are paying attention realize you, respectfully doctor, have little credibility on the subject and are highly biased/unwilling to consider actual evidence.

badbilly
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

nortex97 said:

notex said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

And those aren't from some random journal, they're from Nature. That's arguably the most reputable scientific journal in the world, and some of the names of those studies are the best in the world in their fields.

On Jan. 31, 2020, shortly after the SARS-CoV-2 genome had been decoded, Kristian Andersen, the five virologists' leader, emailed Dr. Fauci that there were "unusual features" in the virus. These took up only a small percentage of the genome, so that "one has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered." WSJ
They knew early on, this is not my opinion but the opinion of virologists.
Infection_Ag11
AG
nortex97 said:

Citing old articles doesn't bely the fact that you have a long settled hard and fast position on the origin, narrative, and heroes of the pandemic, and are not open to revisiting it.

Except that's not accurate at all, as I've been highly critical of the behaviors revealed in Fauci's email. I've said repeatedly since they came out it represents a gross ethical violation at a minimum.

Your issue with me stems from a single discussion where you posted a grossly misleading and biased history of his work with HIV and then have extrapolated that interaction out into perpetuity. The vast majority of your claims about me and what I've said about the virus and the social measures taken is wildly misleading and, in some cases, represent outright lies. And despite you chasing me around this site like fly to dung, I've never once voiced a complaint about it. I've never blocked you or anyone else despite the harassment, though it's starting to become a temptation.

Quote:

You may like Nature but it is not an apolitical publication

There's no such thing as a truly apolitical publication or organization and never has been. That doesn't mean stuff like blogs from discredited naturopaths are on the same level as reputable journals.

Quote:

I've posted dozens of articles about the reasons for believing this was not a 'natural' or zoonotic in origin virus, and won't humor you for this board's limited viewership to repost them all here as I think most who are paying attention realize you, respectfully doctor, have little credibility on the subject and are highly biased/unwilling to consider actual evidence.

And I've extensively posted counters to those points, after which you tend to post ad hominem attacks and reference back to our single discussion that I mentioned earlier. These posts generally consist of "you've defended Fauci before, so here's a bunch of negative bull**** I'll attach to that and see how much people will buy".
nortex97
AG
Not sure what you are talking about even about HIV but I assume it pertains to your lionizations of the 'outstanding' Fauci. Nor who is 'dragging your name thru the mud', certainly not me, as I don't have a clue as to who you are, but I object to the professionals in the medical field making what I believe are substantially false charges as though those who disagree are ignorant conspiracy theorists.

BTW, did you notice another 'natural origin' professional just deleted his twitter account? The emails around this aren't just 'a bad look' they are damning to the narrative that was spun on both public/social media and professional journals.

Your deflection to arguments about ivermectin/HCQ don't distract from this greater point. The science, nor the actors behind the screenplay, are a mystery now. That's the point of this thread, not your feelings/ego.
Ranger222
AG
badbilly said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

nortex97 said:

notex said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

On Jan. 31, 2020, shortly after the SARS-CoV-2 genome had been decoded, Kristian Andersen, the five virologists' leader, emailed Dr. Fauci that there were "unusual features" in the virus. These took up only a small percentage of the genome, so that "one has to look really closely at all the sequences to see that some of the features (potentially) look engineered." WSJ
They knew early on, this is not my opinion but the opinion of virologists.

And after closer examination by Dr. Andersen of said sequences, he emailed back a few days later to say he could not find any evidence to support the engineered hypothesis and natural origin was most likely. Forget to include that part, or only selectively including details? Dr. Andersen was conducting the normal scientific process where he saw something interesting, formulated a hypothesis, tested said hypothesis and found out there was nothing of interest there. This happens all the time in science, trust me. A few days ago on Twitter, Dr. Andersen stated that he looked into the engineering hypothesis back in Jan/Feb 2020, found nothing there of substance and supports the natural origin hypothesis. Unfortunately now he has had to delete his Twitter prolife because he and his family are being harassed from a group of people that will only accept the engineering hypothesis to be true and do not like his answers when his lone email was being used as one of the only 'data' points to support the engineering hypothesis and a Fauci "cover-up". There is noting of substance within the emails to come close to supporting the engineered hypothesis. It was looked into and quickly ruled out.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Beat me to it
nortex97
AG
That's who just deleted his twitter account, fyi.
badbilly
AG
Here you go
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9629563/Chinese-scientists-created-COVID-19-lab-tried-cover-tracks-new-study-claims.html
Explosive study claims to prove Chinese scientists created COVID

https://www.foxnews.com/world/explosive-study-claims-to-prove-chinese-scientists-created-covid

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Disputed-French-Nobel-winner-Luc-Montagnier-says-Covid-19-was-made-in-a-lab-laboratory

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/scientist-says-covid-19-is-man-made-and-was-released-from-wuhan-lab/

We can do this all day. The likelihood of Covid being manufactured is at least as likely as it making the jump from bats. Why would you be the expert over these experts? Not discounting your experience but I'm also not discounting their knowledge. If you have definitive proof of Covid making the leap from bats then please share. However, all you have is a hypothesis on Covid origin because no one knows for sure.
nortex97
AG
This is a perfect example of the scientific community demanding compliance, above all else, to a narrative. There is nothing remotely scientific in his statements as to how/why he changed his mind.

Of course only a small portion of the genome of the whole virus would have to be manipulated to make it dangerous to humans (this is called 'gain of function' manipulation/research). Zhengli, Pottinger, Baric, and all of the other players (Daszak, Fauci), nor the exclusion from P3CO should be excused on the basis of theoretical "it looks natural to me" "scientific consensus" propaganda.

Quote:

In July, the NIH attempted to backtrack. It reinstated the grant but suspended its research activities until EcoHealth Alliance fulfilled seven conditions, some of which went beyond the nonprofit's purview and seemed to stray into tinfoil-hat territory. They included: providing information on the "apparent disappearance" of a Wuhan Institute of Virology researcher, who was rumored on social media to be patient zero, and explaining diminished cell phone traffic and roadblocks around the WIV in October 2019.

But conspiracy-minded conservatives weren't the only ones looking askance at Daszak. Ebright likened Daszak's model of researchbringing samples from a remote area to an urban one, then sequencing and growing viruses and attempting to genetically modify them to make them more virulentto "looking for a gas leak with a lighted match." Moreover, Ebright believed that Daszak's research had failed in its stated purpose of predicting and preventing pandemics through its global collaborations.

It soon emerged, based on emails obtained by a Freedom of Information group called U.S. Right to Know, that Daszak had not only signed but organized the influential Lancet statement, with the intention of concealing his role and creating the impression of scientific unanimity.

Under the subject line, "No need for you to sign the "Statement" Ralph!!," he wrote to two scientists, including UNC's Dr. Ralph Baric, who had collaborated with Shi Zhengli on the gain-of-function study that created a coronavirus capable of infecting human cells: "you, me and him should not sign this statement, so it has some distance from us and therefore doesn't work in a counterproductive way." Daszak added,

"We'll then put it out in a way that doesn't link it back to our collaboration so we maximize an independent voice."

Baric agreed, writing back, "Otherwise it looks self-serving and we lose impact."
Baric did not sign the statement. In the end, Daszak did. At least six other signers had either worked at, or had been funded by, EcoHealth Alliance. The statement ended with a declaration of objectivity: "We declare no competing interests."

Daszak mobilized so quickly for a reason, said Jamie Metzl: "If zoonosis was the origin, it was a validationof his life work. But if the pandemic started as part of a lab leak, it had the potential to do to virology what Three Mile Island and Chernobyl did to nuclear science." It could mire the field indefinitely in moratoriums and funding restrictions.
Ranger222
AG
A couple of items from the links you posted:

Quote:

Professor Montagnier is well-known for his radical, and often controversial, views within the scientific community.

One molecular biologist at the national research centre Le Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Alexis Verger, last week tweeted a "reminder" that the professor is known for being anti-vaccinations, pro-homeopathy, and believes that "water has memory".

He has also been known to attempt to "regenerate DNA sequences from pure water and digitized electromagnetic signals and send them by email", said Dr Verger.

Professor Montagnier caused controversy in the scientific community when, one year after winning the Nobel prize, he claimed that "a good immune system" was enough to protect people against AIDS.

Not sure that is the type of person you want to hold up as and expert in "supporting" the engineering hypothesis.

And the preprint that is cited in one of the articles -- did you even look at it? A 1 and 1/4 page written document full of misspellings and all it shows is a single figure of a google maps image showing the location of the Wuhan Seafood market compared to the center of disease control. Incredible evidence there. Really compelling stuff.

https://img-prod.tgcom24.mediaset.it/images/2020/02/16/114720192-5eb8307f-017c-4075-a697-348628da0204.pdf

Other than flashy headlines that you can link built entirely off of fake, misinterpreted and/or misconstrued news, what 'evidence' of the engineering hypothesis is there? If you spent even a few minutes exploring the 'evidence' they cite, you'd quickly realize its incredibly shallow stuff with nothing of actual substance.

Let's quickly break down what evidence WOULD be sufficient for the engineering hypothesis --

1) Sequencing data. This will be the key for both engineering/natural origin hypothesis. Right now there is no sequence of any coronavirus that even comes close to SARS-COV-2 that we have on record in our sequence depositories. The closest sequenced relative we have is 97% similar in genetic sequence -- and while that seems like it is close, if you deal with genetics, evolution and/or ecology you would know/realize that is not even close at all. We characterize stuff as a completely different species at 95% ANI. For any engineered or natural isolate, we would expect something at or greater than 99% ANI. The fact that NO coronavirus in the Wuhan lab or anywhere else gets close to matching the SARS-COV-2 sequence favors natural origin and speaks to how little we know/understand about these viruses and how little we have been able to characterize them to date. This supports the idea of incredible diversity of these viruses and natural sources have gone undetected.

2) Records. It's simple -- any research lab is going to have records to examine that would have detailed their work. Any NIH-supported grant requires that records be maintained. Any facility working with animals will have kept extensive records. There will be ordering records -- what were the scientists ordering to complete their work? Their would be a pretty extensive paper trail to detail the exact work that was ongoing at Wuhan or be enough to piece together what type of 'engineering' (if any) was ongoing, what type of gain-of-function research, how often these viruses were being input into animals, which animals, and what was being taken out of the animals (viral passage).

3) Whistleblower. People that were working or worked in the lab. The most unlikely scenario given the country and even if someone came forward, their story would have to be extensively verified.

So out of all of those three, we have nothing to date to support the 'engineered' hypothesis. This greatly decreases the likelihood of this scenario.

Not to mention a 4th category of evidence -- intelligence. The fact that our intelligence services didn't have anything on a bioterrorism threat like this should also say something. Wasn't the acting Secretary of State, Pompeo, the former director of the CIA?? Wouldn't the former director have knowledge of such international programs, especially Chinese, that would be a threat to our country? Why did even central intelligence under the Trump administration also not favor and quickly rule out the engineering hypothesis back in Feb/March 2020? Because there was no evidence, or because they were incompetent and it took the Biden administration to now do the job correctly and protect our country?

Ranger222
AG
"nothing remotely scientific" is an incredible and false statement to make, considering Andersen published HIS EXACT REASONING in a Nature Medicine article that anyone can read --

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

On mutations in the receptor binding domain --
Quote:

While the analyses above suggest that SARS-CoV-2 may bind human ACE2 with high affinity, computational analyses predict that the interaction is not ideal7 and that the RBD sequence is different from those shown in SARS-CoV to be optimal for receptor binding7,11. Thus, the high-affinity binding of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to human ACE2 is most likely the result of natural selection on a human or human-like ACE2 that permits another optimal binding solution to arise. This is strong evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is not the product of purposeful manipulation.

On those four amino acids that everyone points to as a signature of engineering --

Quote:

Although no animal coronavirus has been identified that is sufficiently similar to have served as the direct progenitor of SARS-CoV-2, the diversity of coronaviruses in bats and other species is massively undersampled. Mutations, insertions and deletions can occur near the S1S2 junction of coronaviruses22, which shows that the polybasic cleavage site can arise by a natural evolutionary process. For a precursor virus to acquire both the polybasic cleavage site and mutations in the spike protein suitable for binding to human ACE2, an animal host would probably have to have a high population density (to allow natural selection to proceed efficiently) and an ACE2-encoding gene that is similar to the human ortholog.

On timing and similarity to MERS --

Quote:

Estimates of the timing of the most recent common ancestor of SARS-CoV-2 made with current sequence data point to emergence of the virus in late November 2019 to early December 201923, compatible with the earliest retrospectively confirmed cases24. Hence, this scenario presumes a period of unrecognized transmission in humans between the initial zoonotic event and the acquisition of the polybasic cleavage site. Sufficient opportunity could have arisen if there had been many prior zoonotic events that produced short chains of human-to-human transmission over an extended period. This is essentially the situation for MERS-CoV, for which all human cases are the result of repeated jumps of the virus from dromedary camels, producing single infections or short transmission chains that eventually resolve, with no adaptation to sustained transmission25.

And on selection for passaging --

Quote:

Basic research involving passage of bat SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses in cell culture and/or animal models has been ongoing for many years in biosafety level 2 laboratories across the world27, and there are documented instances of laboratory escapes of SARS-CoV28. We must therefore examine the possibility of an inadvertent laboratory release of SARS-CoV-2.

In theory, it is possible that SARS-CoV-2 acquired RBD mutations (Fig. 1a) during adaptation to passage in cell culture, as has been observed in studies of SARS-CoV11. The finding of SARS-CoV-like coronaviruses from pangolins with nearly identical RBDs, however, provides a much stronger and more parsimonious explanation of how SARS-CoV-2 acquired these via recombination or mutation19.

The acquisition of both the polybasic cleavage site and predicted O-linked glycans also argues against culture-based scenarios. New polybasic cleavage sites have been observed only after prolonged passage of low-pathogenicity avian influenza virus in vitro or in vivo17. Furthermore, a hypothetical generation of SARS-CoV-2 by cell culture or animal passage would have required prior isolation of a progenitor virus with very high genetic similarity, which has not been described. Subsequent generation of a polybasic cleavage site would have then required repeated passage in cell culture or animals with ACE2 receptors similar to those of humans, but such work has also not previously been described. Finally, the generation of the predicted O-linked glycans is also unlikely to have occurred due to cell-culture passage, as such features suggest the involvement of an immune system18.

And from Andersen himself in the tweets --

Quote:

In a reply, Andersen said: "It specifically means we thought - on preliminary look - that the virus could have been engineered and/ or manipulated. Turns out the data suggest otherwise - which is the conclusion of our paper."

Andersen continued: "All statements in our article were supported by evidence available at the time, and they have only since been further strengthened by additional evidence, of which there is a great deal."

and to put a wrap on this --

Quote:

Andersen responded to Sky News host Sharri Markson's claims that Fauci had been part of a "cover-up" and said: "I know it's super mundane, but it isn't actually a 'massive cover-up' Sharri.

"It's just science. Boring, I know, but it's quite a helpful thing to have in times of uncertainty."

94chem
Why everybody has to make this either/or black/white is beyond me. Just apply basic logic, people.

It came from an animal. It was in a lab. It got out of the lab. The way it got out means that certain people have good reasons to not be forthright.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
BowSowy
AG
TAMUallen said:

The source of Covid is the lab China. Question is if it was deliberately released or if it was accidental.
I don't know whether this was lab generated or naturally generated, although I suspect it came from that lab. But I doubt it was deliberately released. I would think you'd want to deliberately release it away from a lab that's studying coronaviruses. Hell, I figure you'd want the point of origin to not even be in your own country
nortex97
AG
He was quite obviously pressured to support the groupthink narrative. Saying 'there's a lot of diversity in bat coronaviruses' basically ignores, deliberately, the implausibility of the specific insertions, let alone the context/historical events in the Wuhan Institute of Virology;

Quote:

In the case of the gain-of-function supercharge, other sequences could have been spliced into this same site. Instead of a CGG-CGG (known as "double CGG") that tells the protein factory to make two arginine amino acids in a row, you'll obtain equal lethality by splicing any one of 35 of the other two-word combinations for double arginine. If the insertion takes place naturally, say through recombination, then one of those 35 other sequences is far more likely to appear; CGG is rarely used in the class of coronaviruses that can recombine with CoV-2.

In fact, in the entire class of coronaviruses that includes CoV-2, the CGG-CGG combination has never been found naturally. That means the common method of viruses picking up new skills, called recombination, cannot operate here. A virus simply cannot pick up a sequence from another virus if that sequence isn't present in any other virus.

Although the double CGG is suppressed naturally, the opposite is true in laboratory work. The insertion sequence of choice is the double CGG. That's because it is readily available and convenient, and scientists have a great deal of experience inserting it. An additional advantage of the double CGG sequence compared with the other 35 possible choices: It creates a useful beacon that permits the scientists to track the insertion in the laboratory.

Now the damning fact. It was this exact sequence that appears in CoV-2. Proponents of zoonotic origin must explain why the novel coronavirus, when it mutated or recombined, happened to pick its least favorite combination, the double CGG. Why did it replicate the choice the lab's gain-of-function researchers would have made?

Yes, it could have happened randomly, through mutations. But do you believe that? At the minimum, this factthat the coronavirus, with all its random possibilities, took the rare and unnatural combination used by human researchersimplies that the leading theory for the origin of the coronavirus must be laboratory escape.

When the lab's Shi Zhengli and colleagues published a paper in February 2020 with the virus's partial genome, they omitted any mention of the special sequence that supercharges the virus or the rare double CGG section. Yet the fingerprint is easily identified in the data that accompanied the paper. Was it omitted in the hope that nobody would notice this evidence of the gain-of-function origin?
So, we just have never found a coronavirus with this mutation (insertion), but it was probably just a natural insertion the virus somehow developed right next to WIV from a bat species no where near there, and a pangolin, though we never found the guilty pangolins either?
nortex97
AG
Oh, and the WIV researchers found it in 2018 via zoonotic mutations (double insertion) but forgot to report/record it until 2020.
nortex97
AG
Oh and daszak was bragging about this in 2016.

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/daszak-reveals-chinese-colleagues-manipulating-coronaviruses/
Get Off My Lawn
As folks bicker about virus origin, it strikes me as odd that folks retreat to their corners as if a middle ground doesn't exist.

No medical training here, but I can understand the differences between genetic engineering and selective breeding, as well as the idea that there would be corresponding signs at a genetic level.

It seems the "natural leap"ists are hung up on it not showing markers of engineering, thus China is innocent - but that's just one avenue for CCP guilt. Others are 'natural' gain-of-function creation or a lab release of an existing sample.

Occam's Razor says it came from the local lab. Hanlon's Razor says it was an accident (I don't put biowarfare past the CCP - I just don't see why an intentional release would've been conducted right by the lab). Whether it was engineered, 'bred', or a natural mutation is the only reasonable discussion left to be had.
P.U.T.U
AG
There are too many "new" things about this virus to it not to occur naturally. All the sudden the perfect mix of things to make a virus more infectious happen all at once and skip the natural process? Nope
nortex97
AG
It's obvious, yes, at this point.
nortex97
AG
I realize this board is basically dead now, but here is yet more evidence/discussion of the defector from China who confirmed this was engineered by them, over a year ago to the FBI, and the lies in the Dazsak-led Nature/Lancet editorials otherwise.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021/06/11/exclusive-defector-provides-evidence-that-the-chinese-military-orchestrated-the-creation-of-covid-19-and-lab-leak-n395384
Carlo4
AG
I don't know the answer. Never will. Problem I have is we have media and politicians with agendas both sides spreading lies and BS so their person can win/other can lose.

Just tell me the truth! If honesty was injected here, I think government would be severely tainted.
Spyderman
AG
This data was collected over a year ago and suggested there was an accident at the Wuhan lab that led to its release and spread. It was being genetically modified and the Chinese military was aware of it and had great interest. Accident specifics are detailed along with others involved.

"Wooooo" perhaps, but this is a technique developed years ago by our CIA and Stanford Research Institute for US military espionage purposes. Soviet Union apparently has similar programs. Im sure other countries do as well. Personally, I trust this data more than anything we may hear from officials/media sources:

Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
West Point Aggie
AG
This should have been a simple thread:

Chinese flu is Chinese

TA da!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Señor Chang
AG
Who was the one poster who starred the first post in this thread?
Jock 07
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.