Got it, so close yet so far

4,634 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by snowdog90
34blast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got my first vaccine of Pfizer on Wednesday March 24. I was exposed to someone with COVID riding in my car on March 27. They felt bad on Sunday. They got a rapid test on Monday and came back positive. I got tested (Rapid) on Wednesday. It came back positive. Later Wednesday, I thought I felt a slightly tickle in my chest so I called the Dr.

We discussed options. 1). No nothing and see 2). Discussed Ivermectin 3). Discussed the triple thingy he has used on over 400 patients 100% survival rate. He claimed the earlier you start treatment the better off I would be. So I'm taking the following
hydroxychloroquine
azithromycin
methylprednisolone

So far no real symptoms, thought I would lift weights today, tired of being stuck in the house and they were on the back porch. I did noticed my heart rate climbed easier and slightly out of breath. I guess I should just do light walking. However, after workout felt better.

I'm also taking Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin D as well. What do you say here? I have not followed all the threads that close. Ivermectin seems to be a choice of some. Should I just take it easy? My one worry is I don't get sick easy, almost never. But 10 years ago and 15 years ago, I need get Pneumonia from upper respiratory viruses. I have no headaches, sore throat, rashes, loss of smell or taste

I was so close to coming out unscathed, just a few more weeks
Fannie Luddite
AG
Check out the sticky post by Reveille in this forum. Some good information on how he is treating it and supplement recommendations.
nortex97
AG
Good regimen, you should be fine. Remember, it's pretty tough to take 'too much' Vitamin C and D, and for D in particular sunlight is the best way to get it, plus stay super hydrated. HCL takes a while to build up.
Trucker 96
I had the zpack/steroid combo when I had it. Stay hydrated and keep the zinc, D, and C going. Mix in a baby aspirin at bedtime.

If you are concerned about pneumonia, get finger pulse oximeter. Get plenty of rest, but don't lay around horizontal too much for extended stretches during the day. Several times per day, take 10 or so really slow, long deep breaths, the type where you feel the lung expansion down in your belly until you can't take in any more air. hydration, preventative measures like the zpack/steroid, and doing things that help keep your lungs clear will help ward off pneumonia
Capitol Ag
AG
As to the part about taking it easy, read your body. Taking a few days off and resting shouldn't hurt you one bit. But what's nice about lifting weights is you can pace yourself. That is what I did during the week I had Covid. I just paced myself and rested as long as I need. The first 2 training days I did not know that I even had Covid. Still, I'm just very connected to how I feel and adjust accordingly. Once I know I had it, by then I was already adjusted. But that is me. 30+ years of training hard and experience so I know when I can train sick and when I cannot. So listen to yourself and do not be afraid to be conservative.
RafterAg223
AG
bay fan said:

I believe hydroxychloroquine was proven ineffective and brought some risks. Your doctor still put you on that?
It's called the art of medicine. Are you a physician? It's a benign drug that is well tolerated for the vast majority of the population and has been used off label for years and years. I've had conversations with a number of physicians that have seen positive results using it as part of their treatment course.
The_Fox
Are you an aarp member? Have you ever been mistaken for a manatee? If no to both questions, the odds are heavily in your favor.

Good luck!
AG81xx
AG
Wife was exposed to positive person last week who tested positive week ago Saturday. My wife tested positive on Sunday and I tested positive on Monday. She (wife) had low grade fever 2 nights, occasional dry cough, headaches, and fatigue. She's now on day 8 and has lost sense of smell but not taste. Otherwise doing pretty well. I had occasional dry cough for first couple of days, and mild fatigue but really less than cold or flu by far.
We both were already taking Zinc and vitamin D, but upped the dosage and added vitamin C, curcumin, and quercetin supplements.
I think I'm pretty much past it, but we will see. Hopefully my wife gets her sense of smell back soon.
Btw, we are 64 and 62. We were planning on getting our vaccines this week, but no hurry now!
Biggest "bummer" is we avoided it for an entire year and catch it at the end. If had it last year we would have had a little more freedom enjoying the year. Overall, appear lucky so far. Good luck with yours.
Bonfire1996
AG
bay fan said:

I believe hydroxychloroquine was proven ineffective and brought some risks. Your doctor still put you on that?
Staff leaves this post up, but deletes mine?

It is a verifiable fact that the rush to name HCQ as dangerous in the fight against COVID has led to thousands of unnecessary deaths in the USA. Our refusal to use it has led to excess mortality versus other countries who chose to use it. Why'd we refuse to use it?

aggielostinETX
AG
RafterAg223 said:

bay fan said:

It's called the art of medicine. Are you a physician? It's a benign drug that is well tolerated for the vast majority of the population and has been used off label for years and years. I've had conversations with a number of physicians that have seen positive results using it as part of their treatment course.

Including the entire country of India.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Duncan Idaho
I read these threads and I just find myself completely confused.

Is there any reason why you didn't pursue getting the treatment that is supported by the most conclusive double blind studies?

I get the Under 40 crowd toughing it out and going with treatments that at best have been show to not kill you. But why would a someone over 50 not due whatever it takes to get Monoclonal antibodies?
Trucker 96
Perhaps he is under 40. He works out and is almost never sick. Seems low risk to me
Duncan Idaho
AG81xx5 said he was in his 60s
snowdog90
bay fan said:

Yes, OP, be very wary of taking HCQ, an over-the-counter drug in many countries. The all-knowing media claimed it would kill you a year ago when Trump said it might work against covid.

The all-knowing media and posters on this thread probably know better than your trained doctor,
Dad
AG
Sorry to hear about that, OP. I got exposed 3 days after my first shot too and I was pissed at he person because it was avoidable but I ended up not getting sick. After that, I tried to be very careful until I was fully vaccinated.
34blast
54 years old, pretty healthy and active still

So far so good for me, the other 2 people who exposed me have had bad congestion and coughs

Could be the prescription is working, could be I wasn't going to get worse. Worst part is wondering if I'm going to get really sick or stay like this
AG81xx
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I doubt I would have even known I had it if I hadn't gotten tested. Although I'm in my 60's, I am not overweight and have a very healthy immune system. Was also taking Vitamin D and Zinc for the last year per my doctors suggestion. When you read that 80% of deaths were obese, I think that just might be a bigger factor than age.

Bottom line is America has been hit hard by COVID because we are a country of very unhealthy people.
Drip99
AG
AG81xx said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I doubt I would have even known I had it if I hadn't gotten tested. Although I'm in my 60's, I am not overweight and have a very healthy immune system. Was also taking Vitamin D and Zinc for the last year per my doctors suggestion. When you read that 80% of deaths were obese, I think that just might be a bigger factor than age.

Bottom line is America has been hit hard by COVID because we are a country of very unhealthy people.
Bingo....and nobody likes to talk about this elephant in the corner. No, Americans would rather argue about masks and lockdowns but drive by any McDonalds or Chick Fil A at 6PM and there's a line a mile long.
snowdog90
Op, please give us an update. I am very curious to see if your regimen that includes HCQ is working. Hope you are doing well.
34blast
Well in an ironic twist of fate, my PCR test came back today as negative

I got the Rapid test on Wednesday after exposure, positive, PCR test submitted on Thursday, with holidays just took until today/Monday to get back the results, negative

DR said quit taking rest of medicine, assume I"m negative and go on with life and be careful until a couple of weeks after second vaccination
PJYoung
AG
34blast said:

I got the Rapid test on Wednesday after exposure, positive, PCR test submitted on Thursday, with holidays just took until today/Monday to get back the results, negative

DR said quit taking rest of medicine, assume I"m negative and go on with life and be careful until a couple of weeks after second vaccination

Awesome news.
34blast
Follow up. I have been fascinated by why the positive on the Rapid Test and negative on the PCR test. I'm not a DR an have no idea. The literature I read seems to indicate that it is really rare. I have been digging an found many interesting articles of false positives that don't match the liiterature. Would be nice to get a Doctors take.
I remembered something about Nick Saban testing positive, then testing negative later

Interesting none the less
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/musk-tests-positive-and-negative-for-covid-19-antigen-vs-pcr-tests.html
http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/EPRP/lahan/alerts/LAHANantigenfluupdates020321.pdf
B-1 83
AG
bay fan said:

Proving once again that some trolls are more equal than others.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Proving once again that some trolls are more equal than others.
The AMA, the FDA, the WHO, and a host of other organizations came out against the use of HCQ. Most medical journals published articles saying it had little effect. From my perspective, the actual medical establishment certainly took a stance on the issue despite a minority of voices finding different conclusions.

snowdog90
34blast said:

Great news!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.