J&J side effects?

12,524 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bird Poo
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had a thread for the booster, https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3178163

Wondering if anyone had any side effects from the J&J? The few I know who took it had very little, if any at all.

Also interested in how you signed up (heb, cvs etc)
Dad
AG
My cousin had it this week and had symptoms similar to the Moderna shot #2 symptoms for me such as fever, chills, headache, body aches, etc. for one day.
Gilligan
AG
Wife: sore arm, woke up in the night achy, took Tylenol and woke up fine.

Daughter: sore arm, achy with low grade fever day after. 2nd day fine.

Me: sore arm, day 1 fine. day 2 around 2:30pm the left side of my neck tightened up like I had bad whiplash. Took Tylenol, a nap, a super hot shower, two margaritas and 1/2 a bottle of wine and I was good to go.

A friend of our had soreness, aches in back and neck.

Everyone is fine

buffalo chip
S
Gilligan said:

Wife: sore arm, woke up in the night achy, took Tylenol and woke up fine.

Daughter: sore arm, achy with low grade fever day after. 2nd day fine.

Me: sore arm, day 1 fine. day 2 around 2:30pm the left side of my neck tightened up like I had bad whiplash. Took Tylenol, a nap, a super hot shower, two margaritas and 1/2 a bottle of wine and I was good to go.

A friend of our had soreness, aches in back and neck.

Everyone is fine

Feeling no pain...
Stymied
AG
Received the J&J a week ago. Started to develop muscle aches and had some chills the second night. Woke up the next day though and I've been back to normal. No issues since.
MeatDr
AG
I'm mid 30s healthy, for reference. Shot given at 7pm. Sore arm immediately, but it dissipated in a few hours. By 11pm started to get mild muscle aches, which lasted through the night. Started running a fever at 7am the next morning. Off and on fever, chills, and muscle achiness lasted until about 10pm. Felt ok when I went to bed and was perfectly normal the next morning. So symptoms ended about 27 hrs after the vaccine for me. Luckily I got the shot on a Friday. I would have been worthless for work the next day.
beerad12man
AG
Sheesh. Margaritas and wine in the same night????!? Not even I'll risk that
BadMoonRisin
AG
I took it last Saturday at about 12pm. Nothing the first day. Woke up the next morning with a 101.5 fever, but didnt feel bad, just noticeably "hot". Wife gave me some ibuprofen. Slept for about 2 hours, got out feeling fine after that.

Typical injection site soreness, like getting punched in the arm in middle school for getting caught looking at the circle game for about 3 days.

im 35.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
lunchbox
Got it about 10 days ago. Aside from the normal arm pain for a couple of days, my wife swears I had a fever but the thermometer only said 99.0. Also had some lower back pain.
CDAG02
AG
I had it last Thursday, arm was sore for 2-3 days but that was it
HotardAg07
AG
Chills and fevers the night of the shot, then nothing.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wife and I had the J&J shot Thursday night.

Friday: wife felt nauseous starting in the afternoon. I felt a little woozy in the evening. Our arms were a little sore.

Saturday: both of us felt like we had a common cold. Felt like we had a fever (but didn't), chills, body aches, no appetite and just general fatigue. This lasted all day. We basically laid on the couch all day wrapped in a blanket and watched TV. Wife couldn't lift arm up very high.

Sunday: we both felt much better.
expresswrittenconsent
Extremely tired and no appetite for 24-48 hours. Fine ever since.
94chem
Prolly gonna wait till after the marathon.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
ChevyAg
AG
My wife and I received our J&J shot yesterday at 5PM. Went to bed around 10PM, very tired. Chills and low grade fever hit pretty hard by 11PM. At 2PM the chills went away like a light switch was flipped. Very odd feeling. I was very uncomfortable and achy all night. I didn't get much sleep at all. Once I got up this morning and started moving around, I feel much better. I just am a little achy and have a headache. Hopefully, I am past the worst of it. The wife only has a sore arm and slight headache so far.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I received the J&J shot yesterday, around 12:30. Around 8:00, my arm started to hurt and I had stiffness in my neck and back. It was about equal to the stiffness you would have with a cold. I didn't sleep well because I couldn't get comfortable ( I usually sleep on my left side, but couldn't because my arm was sore). This morning, I feel fine other than the sore arm and being very tired. It could be fatigue from the shot or it could just be from not sleeping well.

Update: I felt "off" for the rest if the day. No specific symptoms. About 8:00, I felt perfectly normal again. So about 24 hours total, but nothing bad.
Gilligan
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

I received the J&J shot yesterday, around 12:30. Around 8:00, my arm started to hurt and I had stiffness in my neck and back. It was about equal to the stiffness you would have with a cold. I didn't sleep well because I couldn't get comfortable ( I usually sleep on my left side, but couldn't because my arm was sore). This morning, I feel fine other than the sore arm and being very tired. It could be fatigue from the shot or it could just be from not sleeping well.
As a left side sleeper I didn't think that through. It was just the closest arm to hang out the window.
mandevilleag
Wife got her shot last week. Had flu-like symptoms the next day. Tylenol helped. I got my shot this morning at 8:30. No issues yet. They man in front of me passed out in the waiting area after his shot. The got him an icepack on the back of his neck and let him lay there on the floor for a while. The pharmacist said it was anxiety. The guy was still in the waiting area after I left following my 15 min observation.

It's now nearly 9pm and about 12hrs post injection. I still have minimal symptoms. No fever, minimal arm soreness. I am blood type O- if that's a factor.

5:30am, about 20hrs post injection, and no symptoms.
mrmill3218
AG
I had it two Fridays ago. Never would have known I had gotten a vaccine if I didn't have a sore arm. No other side effects at all. Didn't know I was getting it till I got to the front of the line. They did say it's only 64% effective, however.
JABQ04
AG
Received J&J a week ago at work. Injection was wierd as I felt a burning (if that's the right word I'm looking for) as it went it.

Went to work the next day (Saturday). Felt fine until about 10:30 am or so and then felt like crap. Sore, foggy headed, just out of it in General. Passed around 2:30 pm and felt fine the rest of the day and night.

Went to work Sunday and woke up feeling horrible. Judging from the sheets I sweated my ass off that night. Sore and achy. Took my temp and was normal. Drove to work. Felt horrible all day. Perked up around 6pm at home. Went to bed at 8:30' woke up Monday and felt perfectly fine. Arms still a little tender a week later. No issues since then though.
Strongwind86
AG
Thought I'd add my $0.02 on the J&J vaccine.
I'm "over 55" with no major comorbidities (I'm an Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker for energy infrastructure)

Got the J&J at 3:00PM on 3/17.
General soreness on shoulder, stiffness in neck. Slept poorly on the first night. Was "cold" but didn't have chills.

Morning/day after shot (3/18)
Soreness/stiffness in shoulder and neck. Felt uncomfortable all day. Not "achy" like the flu, just not "right". Also was kinda foggy - having a hard time focusing. Drank alot of water and some gatorades. Not really hungry. Didn't take any Advil or pain relievers. Went to bed and actually slept pretty good the second night.

Next day (3/19)
Woke up feeling pretty good. Hungry. Made bacon/egg/cheese breakfast tacos, OJ and coffee.
Feeling pretty much back to normal after 36 hours +/-.

SW '86
fightingfarmer09
We got the JnJ yesterday during the local school district drive. Mostly teachers and agriculture industry spouses.

Mowed the grass and worked all day. 8hrs in I got pretty rough chills for 3-4 hours. Rough night sleeping. Probably overdid it. Cloudy today, but nothing keeping me home.

Wife has a migraine. But she normally deals with those. Rough night sleeping.

Our two friends went as well, both feel miserable. Chills, fever, and headache.

All of us in our 30s.

We are moving today and have a T-ball game. So hopefully it doesn't come roaring back.
Gomer95
AG
I'm 47 and in good health and got the J&J shot at work a little over a week ago about lunchtime and finished out the workday and never had a sore arm but I did have a slight headache and very occasional twinges of nausea just a few times for 1-2 seconds. The next day I felt very much in a fog, hungover, etc. and just "not right" and had the slight headache all day. I also felt a little achy but couldn't tell if it was from the shot or from my workout the day before prior to my shot. 3rd day I felt normal and have since then. So that's my experience.
AgsMyDude
AG
28 yo BIL got it yesterday afternoon. Bad chills (5 or 6 blankets still cold) and vomiting most of the night.
setsmachine
AG
AgsMyDude said:

28 yo BIL got it yesterday afternoon. Bad chills (5 or 6 blankets still cold) and vomiting most of the night.

Heard of people with an uneasy stomach who don't feel like eating, but that's the first I've heard of persistent vomiting. Hope it doesn't last long
AgsMyDude
AG
setsmachine said:

AgsMyDude said:

Heard of people with an uneasy stomach who don't feel like eating, but that's the first I've heard of persistent vomiting. Hope it doesn't last long

Same, was surprised. He's much better now so just had a rough night.
fightingfarmer09
AgsMyDude said:

setsmachine said:

AgsMyDude said:

Wife had an upset stomach as well.

I think it's laughable that they say these side effects are <10%.

My experience is <10% don't have symptoms.
Aggieland Lady
AG
My parents (75 & 78 years old) got theirs Wednesday. Thankfully, no side effects at all for them, yet, not even sore arms. Hoping to get mine soon.
fightingfarmer09
Hearing it's easier on side effects the older you are.
tjack16
AG
Got mine Thursday.

Friday: 100.8 fever, no soreness
Saturday: no fever and a little soreness but only at the touch or when stretching arm out
AgsMyDude
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

AgsMyDude said:

setsmachine said:

AgsMyDude said:

Wife had an upset stomach as well.

I think it's laughable that they say these side effects are <10%.

My experience is <10% don't have symptoms.

Iirc some of those studies only indicated a person had a side effect if it was enough to require treatment so that 10% figure doesn't do it justice.

Of the ~15 or so I know if 2 had nothing but a sore arm. The others everything from chills to fever to vomiting.

Still way better than a rough go of covid tho
fightingfarmer09
But way worse than an average Covid experience for someone in their 30s.
AgsMyDude
AG
The average? Definitely , but zero 30 yr olds have died from the vaccine side effects, at least I'm aware of.
94chem
MeatDr said:

Luckily I got the shot on a Friday. I would have been worthless for work the next day.

We have different definitions of lucky.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
eric76
AG
beerad12man said:

Sheesh. Margaritas and wine in the same night????!? Not even I'll risk that
I was wondering about margaritas and wine on the same night as taking tylenol.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.