J&J side effects?

12,518 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Bird Poo
The Dirty Sock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got it yesterday. In my 40s. Lady who administered told me "looks like you have some muscle tone so try and relax the best you can". Never heard that before when getting any shot so I was like "ok?" Sure enough getting it was one of the more uncomfortable injections I've received. Soreness right away in the shoulder but went away after 15 minutes. Started getting tired after 3-4 hours so I napped for 30. Then passed out at 9am(typical 10-11). Woke up little a while ago restless, sore everywhere and exhausted.

UPDATE:

-Was worthless all day Sunday. Napped half hour in the morning and passed out again for a few hours that afternoon. Extremely groggy during dinner and went to bed at a normal hour. Slept ok

-I'm at 80% today with a minor cough.
buckinaggie
Got it yesterday morning. Had a slight headache yesterday evening, but that was managed with some Advil. Slept hard last night and feel fine this morning. I'm 39 and in good health. Now to just make it another 28 days for it's full protection to take place.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
I got mine this past Wednesday at 10 AM. Felt fine until around 10 PM that night I started spiking a fever and got chills and was shaking all night. Felt about 60% the next day. By Friday midday I was feeling back to 100%.

27, healthy, exercise regularly.
BigOil
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Got it yesterday. In my 40s. Lady who administered told me "looks like you have some muscle tone so try and relax the best you can". Never heard that before when getting any shot so I was like "ok?" Sure enough getting it was one of the more uncomfortable injections I've received. Soreness right away in the shoulder but went away after 15 minutes. Started getting tired after 3-4 hours so I napped for 30. Then passed out at 9am(typical 10-11). Woke up little a while ago restless, sore everywhere and exhausted.

Same here - the shot felt like it took forever to get in, I actually turned my head around to see what was going on...
bigbass1170
AG
Wife and I got it Saturday at noon. I had a very mild headache about 8 hours after and typical shot soreness on my arm. Played golf next day. Wife just had arm soreness.
Bird Poo
AG
Got it yesterday around 4 pm. 24 hours later feel achy and feverish. Typical arm soreness similar to flu shot. Going to bed early tonight.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Got it this morning about 8:45. ***** hurt more than a typical flu shot. Played golf today at 10, about hole 14 I unraveled. Got very spacey, felt like the rest of the day I was moving in slow motion through a fog. About 8:30 pm I suddenly got the chills, elevated temp 99.2 very achy neck and the worst shakes I have ever had, like bordering convulsions. Took a Tylenol and jumped under some covers to warm up and then a warm shower and besides the next stiffness I'm good to go at the moment. The shakes were a little disconcerting though.
98Ag99Grad
AG
sounds like my experience. give it 24-36 hours and you'll be good.
Mr President Elect
AG
Got it yesterday morning and really haven't noticed anything (not even a sore arm). Did an Orange Theory workout yesterday afternoon and my hr seemed really high, but I think that was a coincidence.

With the blood clot issue looming, think I am going to lay off birth control measures for the next few weeks, but as a guy I think I will be in the clear.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Neck stiffness has persisted but is starting to subside, headache.
mattbro2014
AG
Got it last Thursday. No initial symptoms, did a workout right after. Next morning woke up with slight fever and some body aches. Took ibuprofen and went back to sleep for a few hours and woke up feeling perfectly fine
Bockaneer
AG
Day 6 since getting the vaccine, the wife developed a rash today.
Only thing we can think of to have caused it is the vaccine. Started on the arm that she got the shot in (but no site irritation), and has spread.
AZAG08
AG
Im 35 - got J&J last week, 3pm Wednesday -- no pain at the time of injection, didnt even really feel the shot.
Thursday morning woke up fine, worked out, went to work was feeling tired but nothing else.
Thursday lunch I was exhausted so I went home for the afternoon.
Slept on and off all afternoon, fighting hot and cold spells (never had a fever )
Went to bed early Thursday night still feeling pretty worn out.
Woke up Friday 100% and have felt the same way since.

edit to add slight soreness to the touch of the injection site for a few days, but no constant pain or anything
Bird Poo
AG
PearlJammin said:

Got it yesterday around 4 pm. 24 hours later feel achy and feverish. Typical arm soreness similar to flu shot. Going to bed early tonight.

Updatehave had the shlts all week since getting the vaccine. Constant feeling of nausea.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.