Wife just tested + on rapid; remind me early protocol

1,934 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tabasco
Tabasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She also got PCR at the same time.

We have all been doing Dr. R's vitamin/supplement cocktail. There was something about a mega does of D on positive test, and a certain amount following. I know some get a prescription for Ivermectin, but I have not read that much on that. She is 40 and uber healthy/in shape. Only went to be super cautious... only had mild cold or allergy symptoms (congestion, mild headache, runny nose, mild coughing). I have had no symptoms, but am going to get tested just bc I want to know. Thanks for any responses.
TPS Reports
AG
Quote:

Personally, I would take Ivermectin 12mg today and another 12mg on Day 3, Doxycycline 100mg BID, Vit D 20,000 to 50,000IU now then 4,000IU per day, famotidine 10-20mg BID, Zinc 50mg BID, Quercetin 1-2g BID, Melatonin 10mg q hs, NAC 600mg BID and a baby aspirin. Also consider VIt C 2,000IU 2-3 times per day. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids and rest.

That is the short version of the treatment Dr Coates has recommended but I would recommend catching up on his thread pinned at top of this board (Reveille) and maybe reading it from the end backwards.
88planoAg
AG
get a pulse ox if you don't have one already. Helps with anxiety.
Tabasco
AG
We have one, thanks. I assume her PCR will be positive in a day or two. I did a rapid antigen a couple hours after her (no symptoms) and it was negative. Did a rapid antibody, negative. Did a PCR and will find out in a day or two. Sucks because we are both self-employed, are fully booked for the next couple of weeks, and cannot work from home... oh well.
88planoAg
AG
That does suck. Hopefully the 2 of you will have minimal to mild symptoms and the worst will be the isolation and canceling clients.
AgLiving06
Maybe the rapid was just a false positive. Seems to be more prevalent with that than with the full PCR.
Tabasco
AG
I was wondering that. Anyone know the legitimate false positive rate of the rapid test?
aggiepaintrain
AG
McKinney Ag said:

Quote:

Personally, I would take Ivermectin 12mg today and another 12mg on Day 3, Doxycycline 100mg BID, Vit D 20,000 to 50,000IU now then 4,000IU per day, famotidine 10-20mg BID, Zinc 50mg BID, Quercetin 1-2g BID, Melatonin 10mg q hs, NAC 600mg BID and a baby aspirin. Also consider VIt C 2,000IU 2-3 times per day. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids and rest.

That is the short version of the treatment Dr Coates has recommended but I would recommend catching up on his thread pinned at top of this board (Reveille) and maybe reading it from the end backwards.

how many of these are prescriptions? And will any doc prescribe?
TPS Reports
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

McKinney Ag said:

Quote:

how many of these are prescriptions? And will any doc prescribe?
The first two require a prescription. The rest are all things you can get anywhere there sells vitamins and supplements. famotidine is just the fancy name for Pepcid AC. Ivermectin is the one that may be the most hit or miss getting a prescription for based on what others have said here. Dr. Coates has been clear that it's not a magic bullet but has had great success with patients who have taken it and even took it himself.
doctorAg13
AG
From the CDC:

Antigen tests are relatively inexpensive, and most can be used at the point of care. Most of the currently authorized tests return results in approximately 15 minutes. Antigen tests for SARS-CoV-2 are generally less sensitive than real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and other nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs) for detecting the presence of viral nucleic acid. However, RT-PCR can detect levels of viral nucleic acid that cannot be cultured, suggesting that the presence of viral nucleic acid does not always indicate contagiousness.

When testing a person who has symptoms associated with COVID-19, indicating that pretest probability is high, the healthcare provider generally can interpret a positive antigen test to indicate that the person is infected with SARS-CoV-2. A negative antigen test result for a symptomatic person should be confirmed with an FDA-authorized NAAT.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tabasco
AG
thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.