Pfizer #2 vaccine symptoms...

6,776 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
beatlesphan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No symptoms after Pfizer #2. Felt fine. Arm soreness about an the same as the flu shot.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muy
AG
OP, I'm qualified for phase 1B now but my doc said to wait a little while since I recovered in Nov and have the antibodies. Thoughts?
Muy
AG
JB!98 said:

My brother got his second Pfizer dose on Monday. Felt fine until about noon yesterday. Fever, body aches, headache yesterday. Sent him a text to see if he is feeling better today. He said the first shot hurt like hell and the second didn't hurt as much. He is 40 and in good health.

All is still much better than a bad reaction to getting Covid tho.
bay fan
S
Capitol Ag said:

bay fan said:

Capitol Ag said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

hoosierAG said:

Are you surprised by the reaction since you just had Covid? Or is that a false or no correlation? I thought I read if you had it your reaction may be nil or very slight but not sure.
No. Heard of many people with similar with Pfizer. Not sure it's a bad thing since immunity developing. But - I've never had this type thing from any vaccine (flu etc) over the years so I was surprised.
I'm actually wondering if I do not get some sort of similar symptoms after the second dose if I will be disappointed as I want the immunity. Granted, everyone is different and some may feel nothing and still get the benefits of the vaccine.
Capital, do you work in health care? I know you are young and you mention a gym so I thought you were a personal trainer who isn't worried about Covid? Surprised you have already gotten it?
Good question and understandable given my prior posts. Nope. Haven't gotten the first dose yet. Just speaking hypothetically as I have seen quite a bit of news on the effects and that potentially having a fever after the 2nd dose is actually a good thing. Now, since I am technically immunosurpressed, my doctor wants me to get the vaccine. Also, I now teach in middle school and my employer wants all of us vaccinated. It's the lack of teachers that closes schools. When I will actually get the vaccine, I do not know. Some time between now and March.

Also, notice I have come down a bit on all of this. For instance, my stance on masks has taken a 180 recently. I am very laid back about it (not going to get mad at those who don't wear them-it's totally a personal choice), but see the benefits of limiting viral load. I also firmly believe we need to get as many as possible vaccinated ASAP. Which is why I have mentioned on here that even if people "cut in line" its still ultimately achieving the main goal. The more are vaccinated, the more we reach herd immunity and can fully open up. Maybe I'd be cutting line even though I am officially qualified as 1B and eligible. What I do like is that those in nursing homes are getting the vaccine through the facility, as my parents are. Mom and dad have had that first dose and they are in their 80's. That's a relief for sure.
Thanks for the response. Yes, after months of reading vehemently anti mask/virus like the flu posts it did catch my attention. I won't get into my thoughts on cutting the line but will say it bums me out when it happens because it ultimately just puts people like me (healthy, 50's and working) further down the line. Glad your folks got it.
FrioAg 00
AG
Muy said:

OP, I'm qualified for phase 1B now but my doc said to wait a little while since I recovered in Nov and have the antibodies. Thoughts?

Makes sense to me. 1) you are already immune 2) you'll likely have less of a reaction if you wait
Gizzards
AG
Had my second Pfizer vaccination on the 7th and had absolutely no issues with either the first or second injection other than mild soreness at the injection site for 48 hours after the first and for 24 hours after the second. I don't think anyone who is willing to get the vaccine should delay due to a concern about side effects. Just time it so you can stay home if needed. Obviously, I am lucky I tolerated it well and at this point I am over a week out from the second vaccine so the immunity should be great. Still can't understand why so many of our office staff (large single specialty practice) are not interested in getting the vaccine being offered to them through an affiliated hospital. Me and the other physicians all couldn't wait.
ags1995
AG
Had a sore arm,... to be expected. But, I did have a bit of loose stool and some bad low back pain x 2 nights. May not have been associated but unsure.

Now, that hairy patch on my nose that came up.... who knows
DCAggie13y
AG
The big concern i have about the 2nd shot being worse is the potential for antibody dependent enhancement where the vaccine makes the reaction to the wild virus worse. If the 2nd shot is having such worse reactions than the first, could this be a sign of ADE?

Before you think I'm an anti-vaxxer, see article below from a leading scientists in vaccine development and research.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-risks-of-rushing-a-covid-19-vaccine/
Guitarsoup
AG
First dose of Pfizer knocked me out for a week, but it may have been in part bc I gave blood a couple days before.

Second dose had almost no effect. A little tired for a couple days. Typical delt soreness with any vaccine.
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, first dose kicked my butt too. But only for about 36 hours. Second dose wasn't bad at all compared to that. Got second dose around 4pm the next day woke up with a sore spot on the arm, but no pain with movement. Felt a little tired the following day, but nothing too bad. Eyes felt warm. But, unlike the first dose, was actually able to get decent sleep. Woke up feeling fine the following day. Tried going for a run, and much like the first vaccine, wasn't able to run as far or fast as normal due to a side stitch (vaccine related or not, not sure).

Also not sure what it means to have a robust reaction on the first shot and not much on the second. I figured I may have had an asymptomatic infection prior, which is why the vaccine made me feel like crap. But either I had high circulating antibody levels that neutralized the second vaccine pretty early, or there's something else going on. Second vaccine dose was 24 days following the first. Personally would've preferred to wait 28, but if I didn't take it a shot would've gone to waste, so I stepped in.

Edit: Found my post about first vaccine reaction: https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3170725/replies/58335866
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.