Received Vaccine--After effects!

18,544 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by spadilly
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got the Moderna vaccine last week. No reaction other than the development of x ray vision.

It's not nearly as great as my teenaged self imagined it would be.
supersonic
AG
Got Moderna yesterday at 4 pm. Slight arm soreness at injection site. I do have some skin irritation all over my body with small hairs beginning to protrude. There also appear to be wings developing on my back and I have developed an appetite for eating rotting food while watching old movies starring Jeff Goldblum. Should I be worried?
Squadron7
AG
supersonic said:

Got Moderna yesterday at 4 pm. Slight arm soreness at injection site. I do have some skin irritation all over my body with small hairs beginning to protrude. There also appear to be wings developing on my back and I have developed an appetite for eating rotting food while watching old movies starring Jeff Goldblum. Should I be worried?

Sugar intake?
KidDoc
AG
supersonic said:

I had some local rash and itching about 2 days after-- kinda weird but faded in hours.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
oneeyedag
Update wife got her second Pfizer yesterday. She's curled up on the couch with a blanket, says she feels like she has the flu.
amercer
AG
Got 1st Moderna yesterday. Arm was sore last night. Late this afternoon I started to feel kind of bad. Like a mild cold.
aggiesed8r
AG
Moderna yesterday at 9am. Fine most of the day until evening. Arm pain and fatigue. Woke up at midnight. Couldn't sleep. Body aches all over and felt like fever. Arm stiff and painful. Been hitting Tylenol ever since. On hour 21 so far.
GinaLinetti
AG
1st Pfizer on Monday evening. Sore arm next day. Fatigue, body aches and chills that evening. Nothing on Wednesday.
aggiesed8r
AG
aggiesed8r said:

Moderna yesterday at 9am. Fine most of the day until evening. Arm pain and fatigue. Woke up at midnight. Couldn't sleep. Body aches all over and felt like fever. Arm stiff and painful. Been hitting Tylenol ever since. On hour 21 so far.

Felt bad all 2nd day. Symptoms eased up about 36 hours after vaccine administration. Feeling back to normal 48 hours after. Went for a jog.
The Shank Ag
Had Moderna wednesday. Haven't had any soreness but i've been poked 1000 times over with allergy shots.

Was really tired yesterday, but only got about 6 hours of sleep. Maybe slight back stiffness but hunched over a computer will do that.
moon58
ChickenAndWafflesAg
AG
Got my 2nd Morderna dose yesterday around 8:30am. Felt fine until around 9:00pm - then started having severe chills & shaking unitl around 3:00am and then sweating profusely like I was breaking a fever (but never had a fever). Nausea and bad headache most of today. Almost feel back to normal now.
All I had with my first dose was a very sore arm and small rash at injection site.
double aught
AG
My story's almost identical. Things went downhill at the 12 hour mark. Was mostly recovered 20 hours after that.
KidDoc
AG
I've had lots of viral infections over the last 20 years in pediatrics. I have never had chills like I had this morning after getting Moderna #2 yesterday. Hot tub + aleve helped a ton but wowsa.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Forum Troll
AG
I posted in the other thread but wanted to give update.

1st Moderna late December - noticeably sore arm for 48 to 72 hours
2nd Moderna this past Thursday - initially the sore arm again but slightly worse, about 24 hours later felt slightly achy with some skin irritation Friday afternoon followed by chills (no fever) Friday evening, slept it off and back to normal this Saturday morning (still sore arm)
oneeyedag
I'll have my first Tuesday, so will see.

Wife did get an exposure from a positive nurse who she eats lunch with everyday or so, who declined the vaccine. They had eaten lunch together two days in a row. On the third day, the nurse tested positive.

No problems for any of us.

Player To Be Named Later
AG
Had my 2nd dose of Moderna on Wednesday. Arm wasn't near as sore this time around. Had a headache most of the afternoon and felt blah/achy, no fever. By evening/bed time I was pretty much over it and woke up Thursday feeling 100%

I was fully expecting for life to suck the day/day after dose #2 but it was surprisingly mild.
KidDoc
AG
I was in bad shape most of Saturday after the shot Friday. Feel peachy Sunday.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Have my shot two Tuesday early afternoon. Hope for no side effects but preparing for a sick day on Wednesday if needed. Hopefully won't need more than one day.
Squadron7
AG
Pfizer man here......both shots got me a sore arm. Shot #2 made me a bit dr**** the next day but no fever, aches, or chills. Same for wife and MIL.
oneeyedag
Moderna yesterday. In all my vaccines, my arm has never been this sore; but otherwise just runny nose.
wbt5845
AG
UPDATE: yeah, those affect effects had about a 24 hour delay. Chills, aches - low grade fever. All in all, not that bad though.
spadilly
S
Getting Pfizer dose 1 tomorrow afternoon.

Update - had a sore arm for about 24 hours but nothing terrible. Felt worn down all weekend, especially yesterday. Feeling much better today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.