Tarrant county... Neighborhood kids playing together outside

7,481 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by LeisureSuitLarry
bay fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
II'd say do your share and keep your kids inside and let their friends parents know why. Staying home from school, work etc is worthless if parents don't do their share too. You will only extend this by allowing it.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
This is another reason I'm happy to be on over an acre in unincorporated County, and not in a germ cesspool HOA type subdivision.

Our kids have all their animals to go play with, not other snotty nosed kids.
ORAggieFan
flashplayer said:

Kids are more resistant to the virus by and large. So who gives a damn really? If people who are concerned are taking proper precautions, they wouldn't get infected anyway.

You can't hold others accountable for your own health.
You sound like an anti-vaxxer.
ORAggieFan
tysker said:

Gunny456 said:

Holy cow. The whole idea is to not possibly spread the disease.. Kids may not die from it but they can carry it and spread it. Can that not be understood. If we are all having to be forced to do this then it should be done right?
To whom would it be spread it, if the kids and their parents are otherwise self-isolating?
No one is perfectly self isolating. You telling me not one of those families has a grandparent living in or visiting? None of the parents are essential workers in healthcare or elsewhere? No family goes to the grocery store?

This sucks for everyone, but the fastest way out of it is to do what we're asked and stay the F away from others.
bay fan
S
Badace52 said:

My neighborhood kids are doing the same thing. I am not letting my kids participate. Even if the neighbor kids are healthy I can't guarantee mine aren't shedding virus after all the possible and confirmed Covid-19 patients I have seen in the ER.
Badace, first thank you. Second, your kids will be better prepared for life's curve balls which will come to everyone eventually. Turns out we don't get to pick and choose which rules we follow as adults. Your kids will thank you one day, maybe not soon but it will happen.

Thanks for all you are doing at work AND at home.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Our kids are older but we have a daily workout schedule followed by long bike rides and runs. Just trying to stay active and get the nervous energy out. To be honest, they've rediscovered their bikes during this time.
Aggie97
AG
In Hardin County we have 24 hr curfew for anyone under 18. Unless they are with an adult or coming and going to work. Outside of that it can be a $500 fine. So we have told our son he socialize with Fortnite.
Hincemm
AG
Aggie97 said:

In Hardin County we have 24 hr curfew for anyone under 18. Unless they are with an adult or coming and going to work. Outside of that it can be a $500 fine. So we have told our son he socialize with Fortnite.
so if my two sons, 8 and 13, wanted to go out and ride their bikes through the park by themselves, then they wouldn't be allowed to?
Aggie97
AG
Hincemm said:

Aggie97 said:

so if my two sons, 8 and 13, wanted to go out and ride their bikes through the park by themselves, then they wouldn't be allowed to?

That is correct and you could be fined $500
Hincemm
AG
Interesting. I find some degree of fault with that.
380Ag
AG
It's like a GD block party outside right now. 3-4 families out, with multiple extra kids. 15-20 people or so.
And my 4 y/o is crying b/c he can't join.
Hincemm
AG
But I do find fault with that...
Dddfff
AG
380Ag said:

It's like a GD block party outside right now. 3-4 families out, with multiple extra kids. 15-20 people or so.
And my 4 y/o is crying b/c he can't join.

Still not letting your kid play with friends?

Our whole neighborhood is out playing. Might as well open school up at this point.
Bruce Almighty
AG
We had a street water gun fight yesterday. All kids had to stay away from each other. They had fun.
Builder93
AG
I'm really curious to know the backgrounds of these parents acting like their kids can't carry the virus.

Also, I assume the family from the daycare are self quarantining, but you would have to go back so many days to see who they had infected prior to becoming symptomatic. Could it be someone in your neighborhood? I guess you'll find out soon enough.
Proposition Joe
IMO it's a product of the lack of good/clear instruction (and it changing from what it was a week or two ago)... Went out on a run on the trinity trails again today and while most people are adhering to social distancing, still a lot of groups of 3-4 that are going up to talk to other groups of 3-4...
Dddfff
AG
Nobody is "acting like their kids CANT carry the virus". They (parents) grew up playing lawn darts and know the true fatality rate of this for sub-seniors is less than the flu. They are also FaceTiming grandparents to protect them.
e=mc2
AG
law-apt-3g said:

HOA needs to start issuing violations!
My HOA can go **** themselves!
Builder93
AG
Right. So family to family doesn't matter. When Dad runs to the grocery store asymptomatic, puts it on a shopping cart and infects a number of people, some of whom are seniors, that doesn't matter either.
Builder93
AG
e=mc2 said:

law-apt-3g said:

HOA needs to start issuing violations!
My HOA can go **** themselves!
Let's not start deputizing HOA's. That will lead to no good.
Dddfff
AG
There's enough data out there to say we have gone overboard in most of the country. Certain areas should have locked down earlier. Certain areas should still be going about life as normal. Dad is more likely to hurt unknown senior on the way to the grocery store than he is to spread coronavirus on the constantly cleaned grocery cart.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Builder93 said:

I'm really curious to know the backgrounds of these parents acting like their kids can't carry the virus.

Select Baseball, Ford Raptors, and Salt Life stickers.
Proposition Joe
Beat the Hell said:

There's enough data out there to say we have gone overboard in most of the country.

Where is the data showing Tarrant and Dallas counties have gone overboard?
bay fan
S
Beat the Hell said:

Nobody is "acting like their kids CANT carry the virus". They (parents) grew up playing lawn darts and know the true fatality rate of this for sub-seniors is less than the flu. They are also FaceTiming grandparents to protect them.
Do you want everyone blowing off the rules or just your neighborhood?
agsalaska
AG
Beat the Hell said:

There's enough data out there to say we have gone overboard in most of the country. Certain areas should have locked down earlier. Certain areas should still be going about life as normal. Dad is more likely to hurt unknown senior on the way to the grocery store than he is to spread coronavirus on the constantly cleaned grocery cart.

Thay couldn't be further from the truth. That data doesnt exist.

If you want to argue that we would have been better off doing nothing and letting the virus run its course that's ok. I may to a certain extent agree with you. But your above statement is just false.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
pdaddy
AG
If you want to be out and not complying with social distancing go up to one of the hospitals that need help and apply. For all these fearless folks, get in the front lines, because being out is going to really hurt the folks battling with this daily. The curve will continue to increase. Whether these people know it or not, they're potentially putting peoples lives in danger. Go ask the Italians and Spaniards how avoiding social distancing worked out for them. We are two weeks behind.
Builder93
AG
Beat the Hell said:

That's the tricky thing about social distancing. You really only know if its worked if you don't do it. Do you want to be the canary in the coal mine?
LeisureSuitLarry
This is so sad. My first reaction was joy that kids are back outside playing. Godamit! I would love to see kids playing outside again.
Shame it takes a disease to get kids out of the house and a bigger shame we can't let them enjoy it .
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.