Welcome! Please read before posting.

41,281 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GenericAggie
TRADUCTOR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sober conversation is just a metaphor, not a rule.
Rockdoc
AG
Very nice staff. Great job. Good information without politics or bickering.
aggie67,74&76
AG
Great job TexAgs.
12MAN26
AG
Great work by an excellent Team - TexAgs is second to none. Well done!
12th Man Kickoff Team #26 ('86 - '89)
Gizzards
AG
Nearly 24 hours and nothing posted here except congratulations.
Drawkcab
It's a whole forum with a whole page of threads already, not just this one.
Ardeth Bey
AG
TexAgs rocks!
sharpdressedman
It's a great public service. Thanks!
Tailgate88
AG
Gizzards said:

Nearly 24 hours and nothing posted here except congratulations.

https://texags.com/forums/84
74OA
AG
Please consider pinning this CDC virus page up top in its own post where it's easy for all to see. It's the single most authoritative reference for most people.

CDC
74OA
AG
Can you arrange for doc Reveille to temporarily be given staff designation so we can then use the "staff only" button to quickly go thru his responses? His thread is so long now it's getting impossible to keep up........
Firenicz
AG
Sure wish Red Duke was still around
Firenicz
agsalaska
AG
Why was the sports thread locked?

WHile the world around us changes dramatically, Texags moderators continue to be remarkably inconsistent.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
1982Ag
AG
This question seems reasonable for a reply. Staff? Thanks.
agsalaska
AG
1982Ag said:

I would normally not continue down this path. But I also emailed the moderators and got zero response. Not that I really asked them much of a question. I just called out their horribly inconsistent practices.

We had a thread on a topic that I would venture to guess is frustrating the VAST majority of our fellow posters yet some mod randomly select it to enforce some off topic BS. Never mind the fact that it was a thread that DID have valuable information on it.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
74OA
AG
1982Ag said:

You have to respond directly to Staff to hope for a reply. There's not much moderation here.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
agsalaska said:

Why was the sports thread locked?

WHile the world around us changes dramatically, Texags moderators continue to be remarkably inconsistent.
The moderator gave you the reason when the thread was locked:

Quote:

We are trying to keep this forum more related to coronavirus news and information, rather than general musings on the situation
We started this forum a little over a week ago. Please extend some patience as we do our best to work through what we are going to allow and disallow.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
WatchOle
Staff
AG
See my reply above.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
agsalaska
AG
I get it Brandon and appreciate the response. Sorry. I'm just always frustrated by the consistantly inconsistent moderation on this site.

But the Coronavirus page is fantastic. It's a great service to all of us and I read it hourly.

At least that thread had some information. Have you recorded the Australian rules football on FS1 yet? If not you should check it out.

Yall be safe.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Thanks Alaska! I'll take a look at Australian football!
Gig'em, Brandon '95
KidDoc
milner79
Firenicz said:

Sure wish Red Duke was still around
And Neel Ware.
shertown04
AG
Looks like you have hit the Reddit Coronavirus board with the nawlinsag thread. Having all of you medical professionals taking what little downtime you have to come here and answer questions and give your personal anecdotes and opinions is awe inspiring and a blessing to everyone here. Keep up the good work and God bless.
chasebrown42
https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Leon-ONeal-Jr-Invisible-Aggies-Reach-Project-Texas-AM-University-Coronavirus-Covid-19-145523160/?fbclid=IwAR2bwgppbcYgepvebEOXikdGd1TfVruvLzJR3EI0Uae2eZ0Dv4gktQf5eWc

Really loved what Leon ONeal Jr had to say. We always should remember those struggling most in times like these. Gotta support the Aggie Community
Carolin_Gallego
WatchOle said:

To be clear: This is not a place to post your opinion as fact or to post information not rooted in clear facts. This is not a place to have political arguments or to detail your opinions about how well or poorly the government is handling the issue. This is not a place to rant about media conspiracies. This is not a place to critique other people for their level of concern or efforts to prepare. There are forums for (some of) those conversations, but they don't belong here.

Again, our goal is to highlight some of the helpful information from doctors, public health experts, and others that is already appearing in other forums and to give our community a specific place to ask questions and get helpful, accurate answers.

In that case, will you move the followin topic to the appropriate forum? https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3104202
TruAg
AG
Hey Ags,
How about we initiate a collegiate competition re decorative cloth masks?

The presidential press conference is saying that they recommend home made masks to help mitigate COVID19 spread.

I want a damn AGGIE BTHO Covid19 mask.

Someone's gotta make them and donate a part of the proceeds to charity.

Might as well challenge all the SEC schools to compete!

Hunter7173
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

In
Player To Be Named Later
AG
This forum is in pretty serious need of moderation to help get this thing back on track to its desired purpose. I'm seeing more of the physicians not really wanting to wade through the trash to post their insights into this disease.

This thing started off as one of the best forums on this site, but has really gone off the rails. Differences in opinion are great.... but this has really gone down hill with the lack of civility.
Dr.HeadCase
AG
WatchOle said:

We hope this forum has a short life, of course, but the immediate need for accurate information and sober conversation about how we can all adapt and thrive is clear.
I'd argue this is no longer being accomplished and the moderation has been inconsistent at best. This forum has largely become an overlap with forum 16.
BSD
AG
Dr.HeadCase said:

WatchOle said:

We hope this forum has a short life, of course, but the immediate need for accurate information and sober conversation about how we can all adapt and thrive is clear.
I'd argue this is no longer being accomplished and the moderation has been inconsistent at best. This forum has largely become an overlap with forum 16.

Agreed. I can barely stand to read this forum now.
Rachel 98
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

This forum is in pretty serious need of moderation to help get this thing back on track to its desired purpose. I'm seeing more of the physicians not really wanting to wade through the trash to post their insights into this disease.

This thing started off as one of the best forums on this site, but has really gone off the rails. Differences in opinion are great.... but this has really gone down hill with the lack of civility.

Yes please....really miss the MDs posting frequently but don't blame them. Having their perspectives was hands down the best part of this forum but lately it seems to have just turned into back and forth arguing about lockdowns.
HotardAg07
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

+1

Used to be my favorite place to get news on CV. Becoming unreadable.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Player,

A couple of quick points here:

1. We don't approve of posts before they go live thus all moderation is after the fact.

2. I say that to say that it can get difficult to moderate multi page threads - that meander off course - in a timely manner.

3. We depend heavily on users flagging posts that need to be reviewed. That doesn't mean we remove everything that's flagged, but it does help us see potential problems more quickly. If you're only complaining here, that's not very helpful to the health of this forum.

More later as I have to hop on a call.

Brandon
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Carolin_Gallego
Carolin_Gallego said:

WatchOle said:

To be clear: This is not a place to post your opinion as fact or to post information not rooted in clear facts. This is not a place to have political arguments or to detail your opinions about how well or poorly the government is handling the issue. This is not a place to rant about media conspiracies. This is not a place to critique other people for their level of concern or efforts to prepare. There are forums for (some of) those conversations, but they don't belong here.

Again, our goal is to highlight some of the helpful information from doctors, public health experts, and others that is already appearing in other forums and to give our community a specific place to ask questions and get helpful, accurate answers.

In that case, will you move the followin topic to the appropriate forum? https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3104202
I flagged this thread and nothing happened. That's the norm here. A particular view point has been cultured and it's not surprising that it has spilled over.
We believe progress is made through MORE discussion, not LESS, and we believe that to be true even if the topics are uncomfortable and we occasionally disagree with one another. - TexAgs
The name-calling technique making false associations is a child's game. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject a person and their argument on this false basis.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I have flagged several threads that go against the specifically laid out rules for this forum.

None of them have been moved. We really may as well just edit out the posting guidelines because it isn't, and isn't going to be, enforced.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.