Happy Birthday Leo

1,976 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by adbono
DGrimesAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...tomorrow.

I'll be out of town, on a plane....RIP Brother, you are missed.
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leo is sorely missed by all who got the privilege of getting to know him.

Leo was not only an amazing human being, he was also the best athletics turf grass manager in the bidness.
WallyWonka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

God Bless Leo.
_mpaul
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leo!
Charlie 31
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is a picture I took of Leo during halftime at the rainy and cold 15 November 2014 Missouri game on Kyle Field. This was 13 months before Leo's untimely passing at the young age of 55.

12thMan.com: "Longtime Field Manager Leo Goertz Passes Away"

AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad to see this random post and his fond remembrance. There's certainly a reason for both.

I also had the distinct privilege of knowing him well.
TexasAggie81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amazing guy. I loved it when he included locals … including kids … to pull the tap. And he managed a stunningly beautiful field. Gone, but not forgotten.
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to grade school and High School in N.B. with Leo. I was 3 years younger but he had a kind word and a wonderful way with everyone. Even then such a gentle soul, wonderful guy. Talked to him whenever I saw him at Athletic Events at A&M. There aren't many around that match his character.
Atmpainter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spent quite a few birthdays with the big German at wings n more, j Cody's, longhorn tavern and c&j's.

This will be 11 years coming up with him gone. It saddens me he never got to meet my kids because he was like a second dad while I was in school and after. I wish I could call him and talk shop still about grass and dirt. I wish he could see that so many of his former students "made it" because of him. I like to think he's looking down on us smiling and laughing with that big deep laugh while his Hawken chew was falling out of his mouth.

He was truly one of a kind.
CoachVanny
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heck of a boss, friend, mentor, and Ag. Grateful that I got to work for and learn from Leo while I was a student!
adbono
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe that Leo was a freshman in 1979 which was my senior year. Like most pitchers I had arm trouble. Any time I needed it Leo would stretch my arm & shoulder before practice or a game. It wasn't his job but he was happy to do it and I was grateful for it. He was the best of dudes and I was happy to see this topic post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.