Watching "The Sandlot"

7,155 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by BadMoonRisin
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With 3 and 5 y/o grand kids is magic.

You're killing me Smalls.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Squints is my hero.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
missinAggieland
AG
Watched it on July 4 with my kids. Classic.

Perfect summer movie!
LatinAggie1997
AG
dermdoc said:

Squints is my hero.

Wendy Peffercorn.

"FOREVER "
dermdoc
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

dermdoc said:

Squints is my hero.

Wendy Peffercorn.

"FOREVER "
Randy Rhodes
" heros get remembered, but legends never die" The Great Bambino
Noctilucent
AG
Squints: "Listen to me, Smalls. This is a matter of life and death. Where did your old man get that ball?"
Smalls: "What? I don't know. Some lady gave it to him. Why?"
Several players: "Lady?"
Smalls: "Yeah. She even signed her name on it. Some lady named Ruth. Baby Ruth."
Noctilucent
AG
Squints: "But it was signed by Babe Ruth!"
Smalls: "Yeah. You keep telling me that, but who is she?"
"What?"
"What?"
"The Sultan of Swat!"
"The King of Crash!"
"The Colossus of Clout!"
"The Colossus of Clout!"
"Babe Ruth!"
Ham: "The Great Bambino!"
Smalls: "Oh my God! You mean that's the same guy?"
bulverdeaggie93
AG
the only video DVD disc we ever truly wore out… probably watched it 50+ times when our son was young
Meximan
The roller coaster scene was classic
trouble
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

" heros get remembered, but legends never die" The Great Bambino

Pretty sure this is Schott's life motto
LOYAL AG
AG
That was The Rally Baby's favorite movie as a young kid. We first watched it when he was 18 months old. I got he and I Chick Fil A and put him in his high chair next to me. Let me tell you this kid hated that chair! That night he was completely engrossed, as in ate one fry and didn't touch the rest of his food. From then on he watched " Beast Boys Play Baseball" as much as we'd put it on. He used to stand behind the couch, look up at the top and yell "ah " and run. One time when he was three he said "Oh *****" but after that we had to teach him what he could say.

Good times for sure! Fantastic movie!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
fav13andac1)c
AG
"FOR-EVVVV-VER"
BadMoonRisin
AG
I finally got my kid to sit down long enough to watch mid-season last year. It was a hoot.

Great movie.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
amazing movie watched it many times. loved it so much as a kid i bought an english mastiff.
Noctilucent
AG
Meximan said:

I think you might be referring to the Tilt-A-Whirl. At least that's what it used to be called.
PhatMack19
AG
Derm, I took the kids to watch it last week at classic movie night at Jefferson Theatre. That place is really nice. They don't build things like that anymore.
aggiewilliford
Yep the roller coaster scene with chewing tobacco was the best...
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Noctilucent
AG
Noctilucent said:

Meximan said:

I think you might be referring to the Tilt-A-Whirl. At least that's what it used to be called.
Actually it was a ride called The Trabant. Don't recall that name , but pretty sure been on it.
Randy Rhodes
It hits hard with me cause I grew up in San Antonio in the 70s-80s, we had a sandlot by Rogers middle school, at Pickwell and Tipperary . We put duct tape for our foul line, we had three poles one in right, center, and left with string tide from the right to the left so we knew of we hit a home run. It was awesome
Randy Rhodes
One other thing that I remember, there were sticker bushes all over the infield so sometimes when you made a play you would get a sticker in your hand
Sharpshooter
AG
Doc, thank you for this thread. In all my years I have never seen that movie. Just watched it and what a nice relief from all the political garbage going on. What a wonderful movie. Thanks again.
missinAggieland
AG
One of my favorite moments:

"I don't know. Some lady gave it to him. She even signed her name on it. Some lady named... Ruth. Baby Ruth."

And then, "I take it back. You're not in trouble, you're dead where you stand." I can even hear James Earl Jones's voice just reading this quote.
dermdoc
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Derm, I took the kids to watch it last week at classic movie night at Jefferson Theatre. That place is really nice. They don't build things like that anymore.
Spent many a day as a kid at the Jefferson Theater.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Ali Camarillo reminds me of Benny
Charlie 31
AG
"The Sandlot" is being shown tonight from 8-10 p.m. Central Time on ABC.
Sharpshooter
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Dang. And I spent 3.99 to stream it. The best 3.99 I have spent in a long time.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Sharpshooter said:

Charlie 31 said:

Dang. And I spent 3.99 to stream it. The best 3.99 I have spent in a long time.

I think The Sandlot was one of the first dvds I ever bought. I'm pretty sure I saw it listed when I was flipping through Disney+ the other day.
AggieBand2004
AG
The night game scene is pure Americana. Outstanding film.
Charpie
AG
Probably one of the greatest baseball movies ever. Watched it last night.
Fenrir
Get some Angels in the Outfield, Rookie of the Year, and Little Big League watching in with them.
LB12Diamond
AG
In my top 3 baseball movies all time. Watched in an old style theatre in Omaha in 2011 CWS with my dad and 7 year old baseball player. Great memory.
Eliminatus
AG
Truly, the epitome of a timeless movie.

It's changed for me somewhat over the years though. The joy and laughter I had as a kid is still there but man, that ending sequence of them growing up and moving on and mostly losing touch with one another hits so much harder now as I near my 40s.
Noctilucent
AG
It says a lot about what America used to be, for so many to derive so much joy from a movie made 31 years ago, about a timeframe 31 years prior to that. Just good stuff. AND it's about baseball. Can't get any better than that!
t38inst
AG
So many great scenes. James Earl Jones as Mr. Mertle and the Beast put a perfect ending to the movie.

Mr. Mertle "You mean George signed that ball?"

Smalls "Yeah. George Herman Ruth."

Mr. Mertle "I take it back. You're not in trouble. You're dead where you stand."
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.