never say never

6,093 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Muy
washedupballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Momma Mont knows best
ChubbyHubby
well_endowed_ag
Yeah, this isn't happening
Duck Sausage
AG
https://texags.com/forums/8/topics/3472785/replies/67995595
TxAg76
AG
sharpdressedman
washedupballer said:

Momma Mont knows best
I have come to greatly admire her. She is an amazing mom and strong, intelligent, and good person. I will miss her, but I will proudly join with her and Aggies everywhere watching and supporting Braden's undoubtedly successful baseball career.
aggiewilliford
NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!

Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Sq 17
If the injury hurt his draft position enough he could run it back

Hope he is still a top 10 pick signs a contract for an a$$load of money which convinces the next 3 transfers Aggieland is the place to bring their talents
caleblyn
Very smart woman. She needs to make it sound like Braeden could come back to A&M. It will drive the signing bonus up.

He Gone!
TMF
AG
caleblyn said:

Very smart woman. She needs to make it sound like Braeden could come back to A&M. It will drive the signing bonus up.

He Gone!

Most likely this and wish this family all the best.
McInnis
AG
caleblyn said:

He Gone!

If that's what she's doing it would be better to do it after he's drafted, not before the draft, wouldn't it?
lagoag
I don't think it hurts either way. Some team is going to pay him big bucks.
twk
AG
McInnis said:

caleblyn said:

He Gone!

If that's what she's doing it would be better to do it after he's drafted, not before the draft, wouldn't it?
No. Teams don't generally draft a player in the first ten rounds nowadays without having contacted the player and come to an agreement on bonus first. So, if Braden wants a top 5 bonus, might as well get that out there and make it clear. Even if he doesn't go in the top 5, you could see a team that creates some bonus room elsewhere by getting guys to take less than slot offer him top 5 money.

I would be stunned if he came back. It's not impossible, as his family doesn't need the money, but I just don't see his injury putting off teams the way that some injuries would hurt your draft prospects.
Eso si, Que es
MLB teams will do a thorough structural evaluation of his ankle and use it against him in negotiations (see Carlos Correa free agency negotiations last year). The family will leverage an A&M return during negotiations. Both sides know the score and what he is worth.

Someone will make a deal that he takes and that team will be better off having Monty in their system. I hope to watch him for years to come, he is a great dude from a solid family, so happy that he chose to be an Aggie and represent our university.
PaulsBunions
AG
caleblyn said:

He Gone!

Then he can turn around and donate that bonus to the new Olsen's lazy river fund
turboboost
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

"MLB teams will do a thorough structural evaluation..."

A&M should've done a thorough structural evaluation of coach...nevermind.
ensign_beedrill
AG
PaulsBunions said:

caleblyn said:

He Gone!

Then he can turn around and donate that bonus to the new Olsen's lazy river fund
The Braden Montgomery Lazy River would be sweet.
trouble
AG
We'd never get Hayden Schott out of it.
caleblyn
Braeden is awesome and hope he becomes a Hall of Fame player!

Does anyone have a gif of him doing the Ali Whack-A-Mole dance?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Whether or not he comes back I'm a Braden fan for life. He should definitely do what's best for him but I am proud that he became an Aggie and left everything on the field for our team

I wish we could have gotten a run or two more and sent him off a national champion....but maybe that's for next year.
Capitol Ag
AG
Muy
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

PaulsBunions said:

caleblyn said:

He Gone!

The Braden Montgomery Lazy River would be sweet.

Aka the 'lil Brazos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.