Texas moving to SEC actually a plus.

13,258 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TexasRebel
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Premieraggie said:

Be very cautious here. Don't forget their "journalism" school is very old. They have strong ties to E$PN which is equivalent to $$$$ to all conferences. SEC/ Sankey are already salivating at the deals that they might be able to make. Sankey is disturbingly close to them now. This is a "slippery slope". Yes the old/historic schools of the SEC are strong but keep your eyes on Sankey. I'm sure CDC would love to have his (Sammy's)position but they are only 4 years different in age. (Sankey being the elder) Don't delude yourself for a moment they will be treated differently. They have an established track record.

This

Also a ton of lawyers and politicans in their back pockets
Azeew
LB12Diamond said:

Texas in the Big 12 would have made the 12 team playoff a lot. Now in the SEC. Good luck.

And they'd have had their ass handed to them like OU did. That had to be embarrassing for OU
WestGalvestonAggie
There's not one thing good about it...
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
Steph 92
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Muy said:

TexasRebel said:

They love to be hated.

Just ignore them.

I need to add to this. sips don't think people hate them because of the way sip is. They think it's because everyone is jealous of them.

I'm friends with two longhorn grads. They are very nice and fun to hangout with.

I think the mentally unstable TexAgs users are slightly delusional about the sips and extremely paranoid that they are out to get us anyway they can.

Log off and go for a walk once in a while

Let's be clear… This is not about any individual longhorns. This is about their group think where organizationally they believe they are destined to rule over all others. They do not want to be part of a conference. Everyone else is just there so thy have someone to push around.

It amazes me how many of today's rules can be traced back to something with UT. The scholarship limits tie back to days when horns put 200 players on scholarship just to keep them from going to another school. And I believe the original taunting penalties were result of butt hurt from the Miami-Texas cotton bowl in late 80s.

They will try to pull the SOS in SEC. The question is what is everyone else going to do when they try.

dcg4403
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Did you say CDC would be the next SEC commissioner? LOL

As far as the media crap you just posted. They had that the last 15 years. As well as controlling the Big 12. And did nothing with it. Texas's issues are not going to go away. Their arrogance holds them back.

In the last 50 years we are even in football wins. And at this point have the best set up we have ever had with regards to them.

They aint anything more special or worse than anyone else in the SEC. Any team would happily curb stomp us to non-relevancy. I hate the sips, no doubt. But dont hate them anymore or less than LSU and at times several others.

UT-austin will get theirs this year. Little worry about that. Just need time for the football season to start...that is the key.
Muy
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

My dad is a sip lol

I just think the narrative is blown out of proportion.

Growing up, he always hated anything OU but treated the A&M rivalry as a friendly one.

That explains your POV
BoerneGator
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

My dad is a sip lol

I just think the narrative is blown out of proportion.

Growing up, he always hated anything OU but treated the A&M rivalry as a friendly one.
That explains a lot. But don't expect the rest of us to share your confliction.
Ag 11
AG
OrangeAlert
Rongagin71 said:

And it occurs to me to post the obvious: A&M football would have a tough road to hoe, but baseball would likely dominate. Basketball would likely get killed, but who knows how A&M in the BigTen would go?

A&M would completely dominate the B1G in baseball. However after a couple of years, great recruits would stop coming due to lack of the MLB prep in the B1G.
Plus after playing B1G talent all year, the CWS would be a nightmare filled with SEC level talent.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm changed my mind!!! Texas is the cloud in front of every silver lining…prove me wrong…
TexasRebel
AG
The only people that would rather play t.u. than 'Bama every year are sips.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.