2025 Lineup Predictions

25,464 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DallasAg10
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Marksman said:

Anyone else think these boys can hit more than 136 home runs?
If my quick math is right they hit exactly 136 last year.
Jevertson
AG
Never know what an offseason can do to turn this around. Good problem to have.
themissinglink
AG
It sounds like Appel wants to make a go at pro ball. I would guess we could put together an NIL package that is competitive with the draft, but it's completely understandable if he wants to chase an MLB dream. Going this year probably increases his chances at making it to the majors.
ahpetty33
AG
I don't think the USC catcher is better, but he is plenty good enough if Appel decides to leave
you moran
AG
We're good on the lefty-righty thing.

HR to left
HR to right
HR to left
HR to right
HR to left
HR to right
HR to center
HR to left
Double to right center
RGLAG85
AG
Sean98 said:

The Marksman said:

Okay Ags, it's time
The only question right now appears to be who will be our 2B. It will likely either be Henseler, Sanford, Farr, or Chestnut, depending on who is at A&M. For the sake of this, I'm going to guess it's Henseler, though I have no inside information on that, just hoping he comes here. Here's my order:

1. Caden Sorrell(LF)
2. Gavin Grahovac(3B)
3. Jace LaViolette(CF)
4. Wyatt Henseler(2B)
5. Gavin Kash(RF)
6. Hayden Schott(DH)
7. Kaeden Kent(SS)
8. Matt Bergevin(1B)
9. Jacob Galloway(C)

My goodness that is filthy.
I'm not a slave to alternating lefties and nighties but you have LLL at 5-7. I also don't think you'll see us clog up the bases that late in the order (although I think Calloway runs pretty well).

This is based on what we saw near the end of the season, and projecting it continues...

1. Kent - SS
2. Henseler - 2B
3. Laviolette - CF
4. Graovac - 3B
5. Sorrell- LF
6. Kash - RF
7. Bergevin- 1B
8. Schott - DH
9. Calloway - C

Honestly it's really LH heavy. Hard to bust them up. And hard to keep REAL bats from drifting down to the 7/8/9 holes.

Edit: I'm aware I also clogged up the bases after saying "don't clog up the bases. "
I'm sorry, but I have too strenuously disagree! I think alternating nighties is imperative because the same nightie becomes mundane if you see it every night.
Killzone3abc
AG
1 CF Sorrell-L
2 3B Grahovac-R
3 RF LaViolette-L
4 2B Henseler-R
5 LF Schott-L
6 1B Kash-L
7 DH Binderup-R
8 SS Kent-L
9 C Galloway-R

Same lineup could have several sifferent defensive configurations depending on who needs to be DH.
Killzone3abc
AG
You've brought this up before. Seems pretty harsh tbh. Was last fall just fake?
Sean98
AG
RGLAG85 said:

Sean98 said:

The Marksman said:

Okay Ags, it's time
The only question right now appears to be who will be our 2B. It will likely either be Henseler, Sanford, Farr, or Chestnut, depending on who is at A&M. For the sake of this, I'm going to guess it's Henseler, though I have no inside information on that, just hoping he comes here. Here's my order:

1. Caden Sorrell(LF)
2. Gavin Grahovac(3B)
3. Jace LaViolette(CF)
4. Wyatt Henseler(2B)
5. Gavin Kash(RF)
6. Hayden Schott(DH)
7. Kaeden Kent(SS)
8. Matt Bergevin(1B)
9. Jacob Galloway(C)

My goodness that is filthy.
I'm not a slave to alternating lefties and nighties but you have LLL at 5-7. I also don't think you'll see us clog up the bases that late in the order (although I think Calloway runs pretty well).

This is based on what we saw near the end of the season, and projecting it continues...

1. Kent - SS
2. Henseler - 2B
3. Laviolette - CF
4. Graovac - 3B
5. Sorrell- LF
6. Kash - RF
7. Bergevin- 1B
8. Schott - DH
9. Calloway - C

Honestly it's really LH heavy. Hard to bust them up. And hard to keep REAL bats from drifting down to the 7/8/9 holes.

Edit: I'm aware I also clogged up the bases after saying "don't clog up the bases. "
I'm sorry, but I have too strenuously disagree! I think alternating nighties is imperative because the same nightie becomes mundane if you see it every night.
I got a new phone yesterday and so far I'd say I hate it. Can't effectively delete nonsense from the auto fill. But boy oh boy if you want to a normal word and have it replaced with something like "annapurna" or any of a large variety of urban dictionary acronym nonsense then do I have the phone recommendation for you!!
Sean98
AG
That said, I also enjoy some rotation.
Sean98
AG
Don't know that it was fake but it didn't seem to translate to the season. Fall ball is a different world. Only time will tell.
Killzone3abc
AG
Binderup was a redshirt freshman and this was his first year focusing on hitting only afaik. I just see no reason to think he can never contribute because it didnt go well as a freshman.

Jett Johnston had an increbile fall that didnt exactly tranlate to the spring, but I fully expect him to contribute meaningfully at Auburn.

The fall is an opportunity to show potential not necessarily where they are at this level right now imo.
NewOldAg
AG
1 - Grahovac, RF
2 - LaViolette, CF
3 - Henseler, 3B
4 - Sorrell, LF
5 - Kash, 1B
6 - Schott, DH
7 - Kent, SS/2B
8 - Galloway, C
9 - Chestnut/Camarillo, 2B/SS
RED AG 98
AG
If Ali comes back maybe, but Chestnut likely isn't a starter on this squad. Love him as a player and maybe he's the 10th guy but Bergevin is going to play a lot, probably at 1B, which means someone like Henseler at 2B.
MaxPower
NewOldAg said:

1 - Grahovac, RF
2 - LaViolette, CF
3 - Henseler, 3B
4 - Sorrell, LF
5 - Kash, 1B
6 - Schott, DH
7 - Kent, SS/2B
8 - Galloway, C
9 - Chestnut/Camarillo, 2B/SS
Bergevin going to tu?
Sean98
AG
No
MaxPower
Then he's gonna be in the lineup somewhere
Sean98
AG
I hope you're right. If he is able to earn PT it's because he out produces guys that have proven they can put up .300BA and hit 15+ HRs.

If he does that he deserves a spot.
Sean98
AG
MaxPower said:

Then he's gonna be in the lineup somewhere
agree. That's why all of us nincompoops don't get to write on the lineup card.
Sean98
AG
Another topic... what players on the existing roster are we sleeping on, or that make a jump?

Tab Tracy? Boots? Sullivan?

Looks like we return literally NO ONE on tune bench that got even a single at bat.
Killzone3abc
AG
I'm a believer in Tracy but this is some stiff competition
fightinag
BucketofBalls99 said:

I don't see Sorrell leading off. Schloss even alluded to that he could be in the 3, 4 or 5 hole this next year
What's a schloss ?
Wabs
AG
1. Gavin Kash (2B)
2. Gavin Grahovac (RF)
3. Jace LaViolette (CF)
4. Wyatt Henseler (3B)
5. Hayden Schott (DH)
6. Caden Sorrell (LF)
7. Matt Bergevin (1B)
8. Kaeden Kent (SS)
9. Jacob Galloway (C)

My best guess. Absolutely loaded. If Ali comes back, man oh man....Earley will have some decisions to make....
threeanout
AG
Wabs said:

1. Gavin Kash (2B)
2. Gavin Grahovac (RF)
3. Jace LaViolette (CF)
4. Wyatt Henseler (3B)
5. Hayden Schott (DH)
6. Caden Sorrell (LF)
7. Matt Bergevin (1B)
8. Kaeden Kent (SS)
9. Jacob Galloway (C)

My best guess. Absolutely loaded. If Ali comes back, man oh man....Earley will have some decisions to make....
Has Kash ever played 2b? Thought we recruited him as a first baseman.
Redfishag93
Here's my stab

1 - Wyatt hensler - 3rd base - better fielder than Grahovac, .465 obp
2- Laviolette- all time Aggie
3 - kash - 1b - transfer shines w more protection
4 - Grahovac - rt field- played it in high school and dad says he was excited to play it late in the year, baller
5 - schott - amazing team leader hitting .330, what a luxury to have .330 hitter in the 5 hole
6 - Sorrell - super high ceiling, future mlb
7- Kent - more proof of schlobbnobber's dumbassery. Why was this ****in dude not starting all year?
8 Camarillo - y'all seem to think he's gone? I bet he's not drafted high enough, excellent college player who I really like, Shorten the stroke please,
9. - prolly usc catcher. I wish appel was back but this guy transferring makes me think appel's gone. Too bad, big appel fan

Bergevin - high level transfer is amazing depth.

We are stacked. What a lineup.

Pick up a pitcher or two (I have zero doubt we will at this point) and we should be preseason #1.

Early is clearly an amazing recruiter when combined w Aggie nil. Schloss might just figure out it's more about the players than the coach. I think Vitelli already proved that.
themissinglink
AG
I know Tracy is having a good summer on the cape, but I can't really figure out a scenario where he starts. Maybe just a late inning defensive sub/ pinch runner.

Binderup is a name a couple people have mentioned but if he takes a few steps forward, he could be a big part of our lineup next year.
Rongagin71
AG
I've really enjoyed this thread but am wondering about pitching.
The Marksman
AG
Bump because we've gotten some more good transfers. I'd have to put forth Bear Harrison as the new favorite for catcher. Depth is going to be insane and I like our positional versatility.
missinAggieland
AG
The Marksman said:

Bump because we've gotten some more good transfers. I'd have to put forth Bear Harrison as the new favorite for catcher. Depth is going to be insane and I like our positional versatility.

We are going to have a really interesting lineup!
Rongagin71
AG
The Marksman said:

I really like having two good catchers that can spell each other.
Whoever works best with the pitchers probably gets most innings.
Killzone3abc
AG
I'd still say Galloway is the favorite given he's older and the jump in competition isn't as large. Going to be a lot of competion. Bet George will be looking for PT more as a UTL than catcher.
Sonny Corleone
AG
If all these Freshman show up, one of them will be in the starting line-up. Don't know who or where, but way to much talent in that group to not have one of them start.
Killzone3abc
AG
That would require one of them beating out Kent, Galloway, or Bergevin & Binderup. Everyone else is a near certainty to start imo. Most vulnerable left would be Sorrell & I expect a big jump from him. This team is seemingly insanely stacked. On paper its quite a bit beyond the lineup from this season which was likely our most talented lineup ever.
you moran
AG
Bear and Galloway will be a good battle. I expect both to play so they don't wear down. I'm assuming Appel is going pro. But you know what they say about assuming.
OKCAGS
Agreed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.