What Trev A actually said to former coach

21,948 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by NewEra2023
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His username really does checkout
GSchulz5
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

NewEra2023 said:

You have all missed the point. It's not about going to the games to ogle at cheerleaders (talking football).

Get your heads out of horny jail.
It's about marketing. Positive perception.

No team without cheerleaders has won a natty. We've lost in each Big3 long enough. Time to at least modernize while doing it.

Counter point: far more teams with cheerleaders do not win a natty each year than team without cheerleaders.

I'd guess also, lots more teams with cheerleaders have never won the NC.

NewEra2023
AG
emando2000 said:

NewEra2023 said:

You have all missed the point. It's not about going to the games to ogle at cheerleaders (talking football).

No team without cheerleaders has won a natty. We've lost in each Big3 long enough. Time to at least modernize while doing it.

Marketing????

A&M enrollment exploded after Johnny! It's about W's, not cheerleaders. What is Oregons enrollment? Stop getting your feelings hurt when the tv shows the corps or the yell leaders. Also, rivals will always find a reason to make fun of another rival. Get thicker skin.

When we're on the bubble in making postseason, we're more likely to be shafted. When we're in a close battle with a recruit, he'll quite possibly choose the less weird school. Just how it is and how it's been.

Also, no other school hurts my feelings. Could care less what they think. I know what A&M sports could be if they quit hurting themselves.
UncleNess
AG
NewEra2023 said:

When we're on the bubble in making postseason, we're more likely to be shafted.

Just to clarify, you're saying that not having an official cheer squad at football games affects whether we make the postseason?
NewEra2023
AG
And losing recruiting battles. It's all relative.
UncleNess
AG
Recruits being swayed by that? Sure, whatever, I won't fight you on that. I don't necessarily agree, but whatever.

That being an actual determining factor on a potential postseason spot? Come on, man.
nonregdaduck75
AG
emando got it right. Just watched the BB finale with Ark. Targac's hit etc. I watched it the first time too. What stood out to me were: LaViolette's HR coverage, bubbles, walk up music for Ali, bubbles, Ball5 reference to Friday walk off walk, and the fat guy in the sleeveless shirt pumping it up.....and bubbles. I must have missed the dancers the 1st time, but saw them today. Unimpressed this old Ag.
emando2000
AG
NewEra2023 said:

emando2000 said:

NewEra2023 said:

Marketing????

A&M enrollment exploded after Johnny! It's about W's, not cheerleaders. What is Oregons enrollment? Stop getting your feelings hurt when the tv shows the corps or the yell leaders. Also, rivals will always find a reason to make fun of another rival. Get thicker skin.

When we're on the bubble in making postseason, we're more likely to be shafted. When we're in a close battle with a recruit, he'll quite possibly choose the less weird school. Just how it is and how it's been.

Also, no other school hurts my feelings. Could care less what they think. I know what A&M sports could be if they quit hurting themselves.
Being on the bubble of making the post season has NOTHING to do with cheerleaders. And the selection committee doesn't make decision if they think we're a school with "weird" traditions. We were "shafted" in 2020 because it was us vs ND to make it in. We were stacked up against their resume and the fact that it was ND, a traditional power. Yes, I know the circumstances with Clemson. We were blown out in our regular season loss. We have a lot of traditions, but winning championships isn't one of them. If we were a traditional power, we may have received the nod. The committee would've weighed Clemson QB being out a factor of their win, but they didn't. If Johnny was our QB, it would've been a no brainer to put us in.

We probably have some similarities regarding our traditions. Yell leaders only belong at football games. they're an eye sore at every other sport. And who cares if we don't have cheerleaders to show when we cut to tv time outs. There are plenty of beautiful women in the stands. Embrace our traditions. We don't have to yell, "Aggies... Fight", Aggies... Fight!!!" or Go Big Maroon, Go Big Maroon. What other yells am I missing? Go Team Go, Go Team Go!!!!

Serious question here: Have you been to a football game and paid attention to cheerleaders? Me neither.
NewEra2023
AG
I notice them on TV for other schools during games and pre-game footage (college gameday) but what I notice more is the stark contrast to our camera time.

It's just 1 of 3 missing elements to our atmosphere.
1) bland field (no sideline or endzone coloring. The black track)
2) absence of costume mascot (Ol' Sarge is a no-brainer. Especially for SEC commercials)

Our yell leaders and what they do is great. Adding cheerleaders or TD flag girls wouldn't take anything away from them. It would enhance our public display and damn would it be refreshing. This program needs that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.