What Trev A actually said to former coach

14,345 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by TexasRebel
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Banned said:

I have two decades in the business world but I've only been asked once "what can we don to make your job easier"? If Trev truly attempted to give POS an opening to air grievances, and he didn't take it, it further proves he viewed this job as a stepping stone all along.

My take:

I'm convinced that Texas was POS's dream job all along. However, if LSU opened up prior to us he would have gone there and would have remained.

I believe he thinks he is one of the great coaches whose name should be amongst the all time greats. He just doesn't have the hardware to prove it. While he may have won a CWS here, and he was trying, he perceives ourselves and other, lesser programs as having limitations which would prevent him from being as great as he believes himself to be.

So, it's not even about the Texas program, it's his arrogant, narcissistic self.

He believes he will be the Nick Saban of college baseball, and that can only be accomplished at a place with a legacy like Texas.

Only time will tell.
austinag1997
AG
I'm done with the ****show. We have a new coaching staff to rally behind. I am left with the following:

1. Gen Welch is a great man and President.
2. We have an AD that I believe is really good and will serve A&M well.
3. We have an outfielder that at 20 years old is more mature than some Texags posters twice his age. Really impressed with Jace as a man.

Gig'em.
phatty26
It's time to move on. We are in a better place and in the court of public opinion we are looking really good as well.
Muy
AG
Disagree, this is a totally dead sports period of the year and A&M getting good press is good.
NewEra2023
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

NewEra2023 said:

Why was he so unhappy with our culture/program?

Because he did not have 100% complete control of every single thing related to baseball.
Yeah. At TCU he built that thing up. It was his. When he came here, we already had all of our established traditions and a strong baseball culture and it wasn't want he wanted it to be and he hated it. Didn't understand why we were so mad when he tried to dismantle them.

What traditions and baseball culture did we have?
emando2000
AG
Speaking of Schloss and traditions…

Schloss took shots at A&M traditions regarding the dance team/cheerleading and there was thread titled something like "Schloss gets it". All the while, he just spouting vomit knowing he's leaving for Austin. I didn't join that conversation in the thread because it's pointless with the back & forth. And so many Ags fell for his garbage. He was making fun of us, right in front of us and people thought it was about "traditions".
JFABNRGR
AG
The Banned said:

President-elect said:

"We talked at length," Alberts told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday of finally earning an audience with Schlossnagle prior to the super regional of the NCAA Tournament against Oregon. "I said, 'Are you frustrated? Is there anything I can do?' And at the end of the conversation I said, 'Jim, if you're not happy here and you want to leave, that's OK. But please don't hurt our program and don't hurt our kids.' That's what I said.

Brent Z - Houston Chron

https://apple.news/AH37g-AtLR0qiSFZxLK5YUA

Trev also said former coach canceled meetings on him several times.

Former coach is a lying dogface pony soldier.

I have two decades in the business world but I've only been asked once "what can we don to make your job easier"? If Trev truly attempted to give POS an opening to air grievances, and he didn't take it, it further proves he viewed this job as a stepping stone all along, and that a deal with the sips was already done.
Fixed it for you.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JFABNRGR
AG
President-elect said:

"We talked at length," Alberts told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday of finally earning an audience with Schlossnagle prior to the super regional of the NCAA Tournament against Oregon. "I said, 'Are you frustrated? Is there anything I can do?' And at the end of the conversation I said, 'Jim, if you're not happy here and you want to leave, that's OK. But please don't hurt our program and don't hurt our kids.' That's what I said.

Brent Z - Houston Chron

After reading this I am more convinced Trev had an offline conversation with Early at some point, maybe twice, prior to the team returning and the staff going to Austin.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
trouble
AG
NewEra2023 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

NewEra2023 said:

Because he did not have 100% complete control of every single thing related to baseball.
Yeah. At TCU he built that thing up. It was his. When he came here, we already had all of our established traditions and a strong baseball culture and it wasn't want he wanted it to be and he hated it. Didn't understand why we were so mad when he tried to dismantle them.

Had you ever been to Olsen pre '22? Not an attack, just a question
greg.w.h
AG
JFABNRGR said:

President-elect said:

Brent Z - Houston Chron

After reading this I am more convinced Trev had an offline conversation with Early at some point, maybe twice, prior to the team returning and the staff going to Austin.
You're concerned that he did or what they discussed??? Because Earley wasn't an early target…Trev said.
aTm 99
AG
emando2000 said:

It's true that some sip players knew. One of their better hitters (not naming him) is best friends with one of my friends. My buddy was told by him right after the regional but he didn't tell me about it till the day of when we were texting about everything. We live in Austin and I was invited to their games but refused to support that school. He would go to many because they were close.
I know a player personally and he was telling me this was going to happen for a while. Things like "Pierce's office has already been cleaned out and has Schloss's name plate on it." "CDC is flying to Omaha in the university jet and Schloss is flying back with him...".
Figured he was just messing with me but he was way too confident about it.
RGLAG85
AG
NewEra2023 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

NewEra2023 said:

Really? Let that frontal lobe close, then we'll talk.
HILLJE61
Very true. I lived in north Ridglea in Fort Worth while at Carswell in early sixties. Took the Star Telegram and got so mad reading it every morning......had to do something. Stopped the rag and life was ok again. The Star Telegram is truly a rag of the highest order. So it must still be after seeing comments.
Hillje
akm91
AG
username definitely checks out
JFABNRGR
AG
greg.w.h said:

JFABNRGR said:

President-elect said:

Brent Z - Houston Chron

You're concerned that he did or what they discussed??? Because Earley wasn't an early target…Trev said.
Trev said......

No not concerned and doubtful that discussion(s) included future HC promises. If Trev initiated the conversation, more along the lines of gaining further understanding of what was happening and or possible thoughts naming Early interim HC simply by giving him a confidence/gratitude statement to build trust.

More likely the conversation was initiated by Early, after game 3 and before his departure to Austin or immediately following. Trev may have simply responded I understand, go celebrate a great season, be with the team & your family, and lets talk next week.

There is no way in hell an AD with Trevs experience didn't leave that meeting with Schloss and have a back up plan in place and or start on a behind the scenes search. Meanwhile we make it to the CWS and he is walking a razors edge and or thinking nothing changes until after. Then sip announcement on the morning of game 3 probably had Trev panic briefly or confirming for him, that was it for schloss.

In 25+ Yrs of biz I have been on both sides of those conversations.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
AWP 97
AG
President-elect said:

Brent Z - Houston Chron

Can someone call my boss and let him know that it's perfectly acceptable for me to cancel meetings with him? Thanks in advance.
jrdaustin
AG
President-elect said:

'But please don't hurt our program and don't hurt our kids.'
And yet, that's exactly what he attempted to do.
greg.w.h
AG
Sure. But it wasn't Earley…
TexasRebel
AG
AWP 97 said:

President-elect said:

Brent Z - Houston Chron

Can someone call my boss and let him know that it's perfectly acceptable for me to cancel meetings with him? Thanks in advance.

Only if you have another job lined up.
President-elect
JFABNRGR said:

Trev said......

No not concerned and doubtful that discussion(s) included future HC promises. If Trev initiated the conversation, more along the lines of gaining further understanding of what was happening and or possible thoughts naming Early interim HC simply by giving him a confidence/gratitude statement to build trust.

More likely the conversation was initiated by Early, after game 3 and before his departure to Austin or immediately following. Trev may have simply responded I understand, go celebrate a great season, be with the team & your family, and lets talk next week.

There is no way in hell an AD with Trevs experience didn't leave that meeting with Schloss and have a back up plan in place and or start on a behind the scenes search. Meanwhile we make it to the CWS and he is walking a razors edge and or thinking nothing changes until after. Then sip announcement on the morning of game 3 probably had Trev panic briefly or confirming for him, that was it for schloss.

After the former coach stood Trev up on June 11, Alberts got the ball rolling on a coaching search.

From the article:

Alberts said that on the Tuesday (June 11) following the Aggies' two victories over Oregon in the super regional at Blue Bell Park, a meeting was called with the 12th Man Foundation, the athletics' fundraising arm, to discuss the already approved $80 million redevelopment of Blue Bell Park.

"And he didn't come to the meeting," Alberts said of Schlossnagle. "Two days later, I called (a search) firm and said, 'Let's get ready to do a search.' "

ETA: Kudos to Trev for doing so!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Excellent. There's to everyone thinking he was just sitting on his hands. He had it well in hand.
Leonard H. Stringfield
"WHAT STARTS HERE CHANGES THE WORLD"

Lord, help us..
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
JFABNRGR
AG
President-elect said:

JFABNRGR said:

Trev said......

After the former coach stood Trev up on June 11, Alberts got the ball rolling on a coaching search.

From the article:

Alberts said that on the Tuesday (June 11) following the Aggies' two victories over Oregon in the super regional at Blue Bell Park, a meeting was called with the 12th Man Foundation, the athletics' fundraising arm, to discuss the already approved $80 million redevelopment of Blue Bell Park.

"And he didn't come to the meeting," Alberts said of Schlossnagle. "Two days later, I called (a search) firm and said, 'Let's get ready to do a search.' "

Skipping that meeting meant he knew his future was not in Aggieland, he had no desire to improve our future, and he already had a deal secured in austin.

He didn't lead this team to Omaha the TEAM drug his sorry ass with them.
RGLAG85
AG
JFABNRGR said:

President-elect said:

JFABNRGR said:

Trev said......

From the article:

Skipping that meeting meant he knew his future was not in Aggieland, he had no desire to improve our future, and he already had a deal secured in austin.

He didn't lead this team to Omaha the TEAM drug his sorry ass with them.
Smeghead4761
gaudiz said:

"Trev also said former coach canceled meetings on him several times." - that explains itself no matter what he said.
I don't know about any of the rest of y'all, but in my work experience, when the boss wants to have a meeting, you don't cancel on him without some sort of emergency.

Unless you want to get fired.
NFXAg09
AG
AGinHI said:

The Banned said:

I have two decades in the business world but I've only been asked once "what can we don to make your job easier"? If Trev truly attempted to give POS an opening to air grievances, and he didn't take it, it further proves he viewed this job as a stepping stone all along.

My take:

I'm convinced that Texas was POS's dream job all along. However, if LSU opened up prior to us he would have gone there and would have remained.

I believe he thinks he is one of the great coaches whose name should be amongst the all time greats. He just doesn't have the hardware to prove it. While he may have won a CWS here, and he was trying, he perceives ourselves and other, lesser programs as having limitations which would prevent him from being as great as he believes himself to be.

So, it's not even about the Texas program, it's his arrogant, narcissistic self.

He believes he will be the Nick Saban of college baseball, and that can only be accomplished at a place with a legacy like Texas.

Only time will tell.
Texas was his dream job 18 years ago.... when Arrieta said Schloss took him and a couple others to the outfield after our loss in Norman and told him to remember that day and this was their team... it was his dream job then and it was his dream job when he came to A&M... just glad I no longer have to have any hesitation about pulling for our Ags. I wish we had come out on top against Tennessee, but what has happened since is just so so sweet.
BadMoonRisin
AG

K95AG
What traditions did he try to dismantle?
Divining Rod
MagnumLoad said:

He doesn't have to talk bad about Schloss. He left him. Actions speak volumes

Please, let's not be silly here. He accepted an invite for an interview for the job of a lifetime, and he accepted it when it was offered.

That's completely ridiculous to infer that in any way reflects on what he thinks about the former coach.

He may love him, he may hate him. but assuming his accepting the job at A&M means amything about S, well that's just dumb.
JoeAggie5
The deal was done in April between Schoss and CDC.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
K95AG said:

What traditions did he try to dismantle?
So, have you had this account since 2006 and just posted your second time?

Barney Fife could figure this one out.
We have finally stopped Medicare Joe B 6/27/2024
K95AG
Wow, classy response. Had account, but just got premium this week. You must be one of "those posters" Liucci talks about.
trouble
AG
He attempted to completely change the GameDay experience at Olsen. He refused to let us play a lot of our music and sound effects. He brought the dance team in. He took control of the music and sound effects from the PA guys and hired a couple gals who knew nothing about baseball.

He wanted to turn Olsen into every other college baseball stadium instead of the unique experience it is.

Oh, and Billy mostly only complains about the posters who he thinks disrespects him. It has nothing to do with the rest of us.
K95AG
Thank you for the details, I had only heard generalities, but nothing specific. That should have been a more glaring sign from the beginning. I wonder if it's too late to bring any of those back.
trouble
AG
It's definitely not. It's only been 3 years. Most of us know them still. The problem is going to be getting a music/soundboard operator who knows baseball.

The PA guys don't want it after the way they were treated and they definitely shouldn't have to train some new chick.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.