What Trev A actually said to former coach

14,369 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by TexasRebel
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

A calm deflection after game 3 and waiting 1-2 days would've saved his reputation.
Wrong.

There's no way for a coach to leave a day after a great season, making the championship game and take a job immediately at a rival school and 'saved his reputation'. He is and will forever be known as a treasonous dick.
K95AG
Wow. What did section 203 think? Do you think they could be the ones to talk to coach Early about it. Since he was new at the time and wouldn't have know what it used to be like, was he even aware of what Schloss did?
trouble
AG
Oh yeah, it was a huge thing. There are some threads if you want to search about 3 years back.

Some representatives of 203 met with him and got a few things changed but not much.

Earley loves 203 and I don't think he really gives a **** what's going on in the stands most of the game.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Also:

Tried to get rid of Rifleman, which as I understand has been a thing since at least the 80s.

Tried to get rid of doing the War Hymn before games.

Expressed serious disgust for anyone who didn't like any of the changes he made.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

It's definitely not. It's only been 3 years. Most of us know them still. The problem is going to be getting a music/soundboard operator who knows baseball.

The PA guys don't want it after the way they were treated and they definitely shouldn't have to train some new chick.
I nominate trouble!
Dice
AG
I was an undergrad 1980-1985 and graduate student 1988-1989. I attended quite a few games as an undergrad, and the games I missed as a grad student I could probably count on one hand. Front row- Section 203 for the '89 season. Aggie Baseball as a fan is definitely its own culture, and the game atmosphere of today evolved in large part from DD Grubbs, but also a grad student named George. George would sit up near the press box and shout a running commentary to get under the opposition's skin and DD was an absolute master at broadcasting situational songs, sounds, and what not. It was so many little things- nuances- that added so much to the game experience. The fan interaction was, and still is, so organic. I think there is a distinct carryover from those wonderful days into the still amazing atmosphere enjoyed today. I hope that never goes away.
trouble
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

It's definitely not. It's only been 3 years. Most of us know them still. The problem is going to be getting a music/soundboard operator who knows baseball.

The PA guys don't want it after the way they were treated and they definitely shouldn't have to train some new chick.
I nominate trouble!

I guarandamntee you that Mike doesn't want to have to put up with me in the booth.
K95AG
Speechless. This to me was his first act of betrayal. Was there any pushback from anyone in position of authority (anyone who could actually stop this nonsense) to these changes? The war Hymn. Seriously?! It's almost like he was working for t.u. Back then.
K95AG
I do think someone should seriously consider broaching the subject with Trev or Gen. Walsh - since neither were in their positions at the time. Wonder if they would've allowed it, if they were? I would think that would fire up the fan base even more, to literally undo everything that had his fingerprint on it.
TexasRebel
AG
1989… 203?

Don't you mean MLK?
BiochemAg97
AG
K95AG said:

I do think someone should seriously consider broaching the subject with Trev or Gen. Walsh - since neither were in their positions at the time. Wonder if they would've allowed it, if they were? I would think that would fire up the fan base even more, to literally undo everything that had his fingerprint on it.

As long as we recognize Rattlin Bog was player driven and not POS. That stays for the players, the fans, and Gen Welsh.
nbbob
aTm 99 said:

emando2000 said:

It's true that some sip players knew. One of their better hitters (not naming him) is best friends with one of my friends. My buddy was told by him right after the regional but he didn't tell me about it till the day of when we were texting about everything. We live in Austin and I was invited to their games but refused to support that school. He would go to many because they were close.
I know a player personally and he was telling me this was going to happen for a while. Things like "Pierce's office has already been cleaned out and has Schloss's name plate on it." "CDC is flying to Omaha in the university jet and Schloss is flying back with him...".
Figured he was just messing with me but he was way too confident about it.

Was watching game 3 at a bar and my friend, whose son went to Texas, was watching it with me. He said "he's going to Texas - my son knows a guy on the team and they all know." I figured he was being a blowhard and ignored him. Looking back, he may have been stating facts vs just running his mouth.
ensign_beedrill
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

K95AG said:

As long as we recognize Rattlin Bog was player driven and not POS. That stays for the players, the fans, and Gen Welsh.
Schloss hated Rattlin' Bog. I mean HATED it. I'm very happy with it staying.

It's really funny how much he hated it, since in the past, he's always lauded the way fans go nuts for Callin' Baton Rouge at Alex Box. He wanted that at Olsen. He got it. Rattlin' Bog was our Callin' Baton Rouge. And he just hated it. Speaks to the hypocrisy.

(BTW whenever he comes to Olsen, we should have it on a loop in the vistor's locker room. )
ensign_beedrill
AG
K95AG said:

There was enough pushback on the Rifleman thing that Schloss had to give in. Then he acted like he never tried to do anything in the first place. But it irked him, and probably was the first time in a long time that anyone had told him no, much less fans, who are clearly beneath him.

I don't know how to go about getting that stuff back. Ideally it would have been passed on to a successor once the incumbent was ready to retire on his own terms.

K95AG
LOVE all this background info! Kudos to Schott not being intimidated to let Schloss' disdain deter him.
Nombre
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

trouble said:

NewEra2023 said:

Why was he so unhappy with our culture/program?

Because he did not have 100% complete control of every single thing related to baseball.
Yeah. At TCU he built that thing up. It was his. When he came here, we already had all of our established traditions and a strong baseball culture and it wasn't want he wanted it to be and he hated it. Didn't understand why we were so mad when he tried to dismantle them.

He brought an edge that we have never had before. And he won big. I hope we keep that and don't run back to some of those things so quickly that he dismantled.
AgBQ-00
AG
K95AG said:

LOVE all this background info! Kudos to Schott not being intimidated to let Schloss' disdain deter him.

Schott dgaf. He's just a fun loving dude who is great at baseball and connecting with people.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
trouble
AG
And brought it up all the time like he was some kind of benevolent lord for keeping it.
TexasRebel
AG
trouble said:

And brought it up all the time like he was some kind of benevolent lord for keeping it.

Probably thinks he started it by now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.