What Trev A actually said to former coach

13,752 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by TexasRebel
President-elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"We talked at length," Alberts told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday of finally earning an audience with Schlossnagle prior to the super regional of the NCAA Tournament against Oregon. "I said, 'Are you frustrated? Is there anything I can do?' And at the end of the conversation I said, 'Jim, if you're not happy here and you want to leave, that's OK. But please don't hurt our program and don't hurt our kids.' That's what I said.

Brent Z - Houston Chron

https://apple.news/AH37g-AtLR0qiSFZxLK5YUA

Trev also said former coach canceled meetings on him several times.

Former coach is a lying dogface pony soldier.
Aggie Class of 2026
water is wet
well_endowed_ag
You can't believe anything Schlongtaster says. One of my concerns about Earley is that it sounds like he's probably not willing to negatively recruit against the Schlongonator. He said in his PC he'll never talk bad about him. Well that's fine, but you should use his verifiable lies against him in recruiting.
MagnumLoad
He doesn't have to talk bad about Schloss. He left him. Actions speak volumes
Corn Pop
Don't take that on the surface. I won't speak bad, but I'll speak facts. He said what he said in the article. He's going to talk about it…
The Banned
President-elect said:

"We talked at length," Alberts told the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday of finally earning an audience with Schlossnagle prior to the super regional of the NCAA Tournament against Oregon. "I said, 'Are you frustrated? Is there anything I can do?' And at the end of the conversation I said, 'Jim, if you're not happy here and you want to leave, that's OK. But please don't hurt our program and don't hurt our kids.' That's what I said.

Brent Z - Houston Chron

I have two decades in the business world but I've only been asked once "what can we don to make your job easier"? If Trev truly attempted to give POS an opening to air grievances, and he didn't take it, it further proves he viewed this job as a stepping stone all along.
APHIS AG
Schloss showed himself to have no honor or integrity and yet, during his "introduction" as the sip coach, he boasted that he knew "leadership".

He might have known leadership but leadership does not know him.
fightingfarmer09
A calm deflection after game 3 and waiting 1-2 days would've saved his reputation.
Leonard H. Stringfield
For Trev to phrase things the way he did, no doubt he was aware of something very dark about the guy. So glad we got Trev in our corner.
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
Aggie_Fire
AG
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

For Trev to phrase things the way he did, no doubt he was aware of something very dark about the guy. So glad we got Trev in our corner.
That's how I read it too! Sounds like he knew that he was leaving and was trying to open the door for conversation but Schloss didn't take that opportunity to air his concerns. That's because he was already gone at that point mentally
gaudiz
AG
"Trev also said former coach canceled meetings on him several times." - that explains itself no matter what he said.
milner79
The Banned said:

I have two decades in the business world but I've only been asked once "what can we don to make your job easier"? If Trev truly attempted to give POS an opening to air grievances, and he didn't take it, it further proves he viewed this job as a stepping stone all along.

Festivus come early!
Sq 17
fightingfarmer09 said:

A calm deflection after game 3 and waiting 1-2 days would've saved his reputation.

It would have done less damage to his reputation , CDC wanted to inflict damage and Schloss is a turd with no integrity
LB12Diamond
AG
The more that comes out just shows several knew what was about to go down.

Also hearing that Texas was telling their players after the regional what was taking place and not go in the portal. The player that was hinted at maybe following Caleb is from an Aggie family. Can't imagine what was going through their minds knowing what was about to take place.

We could have easily exposed everything to the public but clearly did not bc we did not want it to affect our post season run.

One of the meetings he did not go to was review of the new ball park. If anyone had doubt about what was taking place, that action there would leave no doubt.
Bryanisbest
AG
Talking negatively about your opposition does not promote your school.
ensign_beedrill
AG
President-elect said:

Brent Z - Houston Chron

Thank you, Brent Z, for getting the other side of the story.

Probably neither side is completely accurate, but I'm inclined to trust the guy who isn't a proven liar!
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

You can't believe anything Schlongtaster says. One of my concerns about Earley is that it sounds like he's probably not willing to negatively recruit against the Schlongonator. He said in his PC he'll never talk bad about him. Well that's fine, but you should use his verifiable lies against him in recruiting.
Let the lies stand on their own. Let your integrity stand on its own.

Muy
AG
MagnumLoad said:

He doesn't have to talk bad about Schloss. He left him. Actions speak volumes

But he does have the right to defend what Schloss said about him.
LB12Diamond
AG
He does have that right. And he also has the right to take the high road.

It's clear for those that don't have an agenda or a side.
Muy
AG
LB12Diamond said:

He does have that right. And he also has the right to take the high road.

It's clear for those that don't have an agenda or a side.

He is taking the high road in that article. Not a single d move in it.
AggieBill005
AG
At some point, whether 100% verifiable or not, it will all come out. Burner phones? Things in movement after the Georgia series?

I agree in moving on. AND I also think that bull**** needs to called as such when it's appropriate. Otherwise, liars continue to lie... Continue to gaslight... And continue to sleeze their way through without any consequences.
NewEra2023
AG
Why was he so unhappy with our culture/program?
LB12Diamond
AG
I thought you were talking about Earley for some reason. My mistake.
trouble
AG
NewEra2023 said:

Because he did not have 100% complete control of every single thing related to baseball.
emando2000
AG
It's true that some sip players knew. One of their better hitters (not naming him) is best friends with one of my friends. My buddy was told by him right after the regional but he didn't tell me about it till the day of when we were texting about everything. We live in Austin and I was invited to their games but refused to support that school. He would go to many because they were close.
ensign_beedrill
AG
trouble said:

NewEra2023 said:

Because he did not have 100% complete control of every single thing related to baseball.
Yeah. At TCU he built that thing up. It was his. When he came here, we already had all of our established traditions and a strong baseball culture and it wasn't want he wanted it to be and he hated it. Didn't understand why we were so mad when he tried to dismantle them.
Muy
AG
LB12Diamond said:

I thought you were talking about Earley for some reason. My mistake.

I was wondering what we were taking about.
trouble
AG
And throwing a fit over losing one member of "baseball staff". A person whose entire job was not just baseball.
LB12Diamond
AG
Need coffee!!!!!
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

And throwing a fit over losing one member of "baseball staff". A person whose entire job was not just baseball.
That was one of the indicators of a person looking for a grievance to justify their action. For a narcissist, it can never be their fault, and to justify their action they will find the most mundane difference to amplify their victim hood.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Aggie_Fire said:

Leonard H. Stringfield said:

That's how I read it too! Sounds like he knew that he was leaving and was trying to open the door for conversation but Schloss didn't take that opportunity to air his concerns. That's because he was already gone at that point mentally
Supposedly some boosters had made Trev aware that Schloss was flirting with sip and it was at that point that Trev started trying to engage with Schloss to see if he could head this off. But with Schloss' evasiveness, I'm sure Trev read that as "I am outta here" and thus told him if he wanted out, he could leave.
sincereag
The main point here is the FTW Star Telegram continues to be a rag that will always try to put t.u. in a favorable light versus A&M. Leaving out relevant information from our perspective is a complete pile of t.u. crap.
Keathley
AG
emando2000 said:

It's true that some sip players knew. One of their better hitters (not naming him) is best friends with one of my friends. My buddy was told by him right after the regional but he didn't tell me about it till the day of when we were texting about everything. We live in Austin and I was invited to their games but refused to support that school. He would go to many because they were close
Also heard from a t-sip friend that Pierce told the players immediately after they exited the regionals and to sit tight, it would be ok for them.
LB12Diamond
AG
I said this during our game with the sips in the regional. Pierce already knows he's gone. He's way too relaxed. If he thought he had a chance to save his job he would have not been that relaxed.

He was getting a big paycheck to not have to deal with their administration and fans anymore. He looked at peace.
bslater07
AG
NewEra2023 said:

He was unhappy with the fact that he couldn't join CDC in the coatroom on the regular.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.