7 thoughts from an insider

32,337 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 87_Was_Long_Ago
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasAggie81 said:

ToddyHill said:

Quote:

College baseball seems to be mostly white,
It's that way in MLB as well. In 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates has 13 Black and Latino players on their roster. Today, 7% of the MLB rosters are composed of Black players.
The overall diversity of MLB rosters? 40.5% of the players on rosters are men of color.

Si! And Domo arigato!
OBJTEX
mulch said:

Why did Schloss leave?

Insider's perspective:
[ol]
  • He never liked the culture. He couldn't wrap his head around why people were freaking out about dancers on the dugouts. He felt he had a really hard time recruiting black players.
  • Once Jimbo was fired, word got around the buyout had to come from somewhere and it could be the baseball project. He never felt secure about the project.
  • Bjork hired him and then left.
  • Trevor Alberts fired senior staff including his baseball sport supervisor Chris Park. Why didn't they keep him on through the post season run? That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling. This was the tipping point. If baseball was important to the university, why let your guy go during the season? Trev BOTCHED this.
  • The decision to fire Childress was made before the second weekend of baseball in 2021 and Schloss was already the guy. This deal was all but done in April a week after the Texas loss to UTRGV. These deals are done long in the future.
  • Schloss' relationship with CDC cannot be underestimated. They talk on a weekly basis.
  • This could have been leaked the week after the regionals but Schloss lied about it to close people to protect himself. People close to him started asking questions since O'Connor got his extension and UT didn't hire Jay Johnson after LSU's regional loss. Schloss was ALWAYS their guy.
  • [/ol]
    Good stuff. I beleive it. WE can whine/beech about Schloss all we want. Our new AD and a few bad decisions/mismanagement set the table and their AD cleared it. GD-it!
    Ag1188
    AG
    Jugstore Cowboy said:

We've had dancers at basketball for years too, have we not? (I do confess to most of my post-college bb attendance being at another school, which has dancers).

But for baseball?

*and I don't really care about having dancers at Olsen, I just think it's a silly point that wouldn't change much on the field or off.
    it's about recruiting. How do you still not get that?
    Ag1188
    AG
    Quote:

There are literally 25,000+ women between the ages of 18-22 in College Station.

If it's dumb, antiquated to not have a dance team at baseball games it is just as stupid to fixate on this as a major issue
    dance team wouldn't be necessarily if we weren't famous for yell leaders, which would be voted the goofiest, least masculine thing in college sports. So we do need dance teams to offset that we rat-face-Schloss was aware of.
    Ag1188
    AG
    Quote:

Yeah, no. I'd rather be the worst team in all of sports than sell our university's soul to the alter of 16-18 year old and dirty old mens fantastical desires.

Screw that.
    you are so strange. How did you not end up at the gay school in Austin?
    Ag1188
    AG
    Agthatbuilds said:

Did you see the atmosphere Olsen had during the regionals and supers?

Please tell me how dancing girls on the dugout would have contributed and not taken away.

I'm not not trying to be hip or cool. I just want whatever we do to mean something and not be a cheap sell out to some egotistical coach or nil athlete who cares little about the thing that remains.
    The girls dance team were there. Lol. Were you?
    Aggie Dad 26
    So between the, dancers must be at Olsen, and that he's a swinger we can absolutely conclude he's a pervert
    AGinHI
    AG
    I find it both bizarre and pathetic that a grown man, most likely employed, maybe with a family, spends time pretending to be an Aggie for ****s and giggles.

TAMUallen
    AG
    Aggie Class of 2026 said:

So between the, dancers must be at Olsen, and that he's a swinger we can absolutely conclude he's a pervert

Do you have an issue with dancers?
    houstonaggie76
    I've seen this on Twitter for days. Insider my behind.
    ensign_beedrill
    AG
    giveemhell said:

Everything you need to know about the guy's mindset is contained in this 20-second clip. Sounds like a guy who just wanted out.
    I called him out on this on here and people just said "oh he was emotional after a loss." Nah. The mask was dropped and the utter disdain he has for A&M was really showing through here.
    LB12Diamond
    AG
    Oh wow. Is he clueless on what sip fans yell at their players.

Schloss left for personal reasons. We shall see if those personal non baseball reasons are enough to make him not react 10x worse after seeing the colors of his new fanbase.

The only true thing he said yesterday in his PC was talking about our crowds this year. If he thinks that's going to be replicated in Austin. Good luck
    BadAggie
    AG
    Aggie Class of 2026 said:

A question might be if there was unwanted attention he gave to young women….which can be documented.

Sleazy old perv in a college town…..
    Dr. Horrible
    I've been meaning to ask... which game was this after, and does anyone have confirmation about our fans yelling things at our players? just seems so out of character for all the games i've been to over the last 3 years (including losses), but i also dont have a great view of the dugout
    Chrundle the Great
    AG
    Dr. Horrible said:

I've been meaning to ask... which game was this after, and does anyone have confirmation about our fans yelling things at our players? just seems so out of character for all the games i've been to over the last 3 years (including losses), but i also dont have a great view of the dugout

This was last year after the corp uniform game (hence his hat/jersey)

I don't remember what was said but the team was struggling at the team.
    LB12Diamond
    AG
    Wait

He deflected frustration out to others when his team was struggling. Say what. Narcissist don't do that one.
    Iraq2xVeteran
    AG
    Jim Schlossnagle is a great coach but the ultimate traitor.
    ensign_beedrill
    AG
    When we lost the Portland series last year. It was after our one win that weekend which came after Chestnut ran through a stop sign to score the winning run. We were on the verge of getting swept.

I just watched the whole thing and he also brought up winning the 2016 Super at Olsen with no provocation, which he really liked to do a lot.

I've no doubt there were people yelling things over the dugout. He often likes to complain about the "throw strikes" guy, so he could very well be complaining about that. Just some guy who yells "throw strikes." I don't think it's right to yell negative things at our players, but he did not react the right way. He was deflecting.
    The Agly Duckling
    TAMUallen said:

To note though: I too didn't like the opposition to Aggie Dance team on the dugouts.

That was some weird old Ag stuff that was way out of line and quite classless which is very ironic considering why they opposed
    This, and it's only a matter of time before it happens.
    Tex100
    AG
    Buck Turgidson said:

"That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling."

What did he write?
    Write This Down?
    Bondag
    AG
    Buck Turgidson said:

mulch said:

Why did Schloss leave?

Insider's perspective:
    [ol]
  • He never liked the culture. He couldn't wrap his head around why people were freaking out about dancers on the dugouts. He felt he had a really hard time recruiting black players.
  • Once Jimbo was fired, word got around the buyout had to come from somewhere and it could be the baseball project. He never felt secure about the project.
  • Bjork hired him and then left.
  • Trevor Alberts fired senior staff including his baseball sport supervisor Chris Park. Why didn't they keep him on through the post season run? That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling. This was the tipping point. If baseball was important to the university, why let your guy go during the season? Trev BOTCHED this.
  • The decision to fire Childress was made before the second weekend of baseball in 2021 and Schloss was already the guy. This deal was all but done in April a week after the Texas loss to UTRGV. These deals are done long in the future.
  • Schloss' relationship with CDC cannot be underestimated. They talk on a weekly basis.
  • This could have been leaked the week after the regionals but Schloss lied about it to close people to protect himself. People close to him started asking questions since O'Connor got his extension and UT didn't hire Jay Johnson after LSU's regional loss. Schloss was ALWAYS their guy.
  • [/ol]

In hindsight, Schlossnagle looks like a more successful Mark Turgeon.

Except he had standing room only crowds but had someone reach out to donors that did not give away Tuesday tickets to ask for them back.

When he tried to get rid of rifleman his first season we should have known.
    Gator92
    AG
    fightintxaggie10 said:

How can anyone fault Schloss for thinking these things about the dancers and about the staffer being let go without his prior notification? WTF is this university doing? If we continue to live in the past (ex: oh no hot girls dancing on the dugouts adding to the atmosphere) and we don't ensure our AD works FOR OUR COACHES we are going to reap what we sow for eternity. We aren't the same school we used to be. We have a chance to be elite, some of the old Ags need to get over their inferiority complex as well. This isn't your dad's A&M. If we fail it's on the university not because Texas is just too good or has too much money. The playing field has never been more level. And it is level.
    Dancing girls on dugouts isn't modern. In fact, you could call it sexist and misogynistic.

Now for the demo that Lostnagel says he can't recruit, I think we need to bring in these fine young ladies...

https://nypost.com/2024/06/20/us-news/wild-video-of-women-twerking-in-thongs-at-nj-high-school-outrages-board-members/
    87_Was_Long_Ago
    AG
    I read somewhere else, probably Texags, the whole dance team thing was two issues:

1. His daughter was on the dance team at TCU and he felt they were being disrespected at A&M by not being "allowed" to dance, by some old ag with a newspaper ignoring them or blocking his own view or something weird, and by comments some people made about them.

2. He felt that some of our traditions impacted his ability to recruit, which is probably fair. Recruiting is ruthless and players get told all kinds of BS about other schools. Ammunition to be used against us as being old fashioned and out-of-touch. Separate conversation if that's good or bad or valid, or if we care.

There's PLENTY of legitimate reasons to trash his behavior and actions, I don't think this is one of them.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.