7 thoughts from an insider

32,365 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 87_Was_Long_Ago
mulch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why did Schloss leave?

Insider's perspective:
[ol]
  • He never liked the culture. He couldn't wrap his head around why people were freaking out about dancers on the dugouts. He felt he had a really hard time recruiting black players.
  • Once Jimbo was fired, word got around the buyout had to come from somewhere and it could be the baseball project. He never felt secure about the project.
  • Bjork hired him and then left.
  • Trevor Alberts fired senior staff including his baseball sport supervisor Chris Park. Why didn't they keep him on through the post season run? That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling. This was the tipping point. If baseball was important to the university, why let your guy go during the season? Trev BOTCHED this.
  • The decision to fire Childress was made before the second weekend of baseball in 2021 and Schloss was already the guy. This deal was all but done in April a week after the Texas loss to UTRGV. These deals are done long in the future.
  • Schloss' relationship with CDC cannot be underestimated. They talk on a weekly basis.
  • This could have been leaked the week after the regionals but Schloss lied about it to close people to protect himself. People close to him started asking questions since O'Connor got his extension and UT didn't hire Jay Johnson after LSU's regional loss. Schloss was ALWAYS their guy.
  • [/ol]
    Who?mikejones!
    Sounds like it worked out for us
    Slicer97
    AG
    Schloss is still a ********** and nothing will ever change that.
    TAMUallen
    AG
    Bottom line, Schloss is a liar
    Ag1188
    AG
    black players not wanting to play for the albino. Dancers? One old guy with a newspaper a year ago or so? Lol
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Who is the insider?
    jsc8116
    AG
    What was the tweet during GS concert?
    Buck Turgidson
    "That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling."

What did he write?
    Timberwolf
    AG
    Doesnt change the fact that Schloss has zero integrity
    Bottlehead90
    AG
    Eighth thought

He is a POS!
    LouisHerbertWong
    AG
    Makes him sound like a petty, selfish *****... Which he is.
    $3 Sack of Groceries
    AG
    Schloss is a whiny biatch. Was never happy with anything. **** him.
    Who?mikejones!
    That explains why every sport is full of lily white players /eyeroll

That's, for sure, a cdc line
    TAMUallen
    AG
    To note though: I too didn't like the opposition to Aggie Dance team on the dugouts.

That was some weird old Ag stuff that was way out of line and quite classless which is very ironic considering why they opposed
    Tergdor
    AG
    Not recruiting very many black players sure didn't seem to bother him at TCU. Sounds like a negative recruiting sound bite to me.
    Killzone3abc
    AG
    Wonder if he struggled to recruit black players because the one he brought in that looked better than others in CF didn't get much of a chance. No other sport seems to have that problem.
    TexasAggiesWin
    S
    Killzone3abc said:

Wonder if he struggled to recruit black players because the one he brought in that looked better than others in CF didn't get much of a chance. No other sport seems to have that problem.
    Nah! It's dancers on the bullpen's fault, not the head coach
    Agsquatch
    AG
    Ninth thought:

His wife's boyfriend thinks he's a big strong boy
    Chrundle the Great
    AG
    Buck Turgidson said:

"That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling."

What did he write?

Avert your eyes from the new profile pic
    t_J_e_C_x
    AG
    Chrundle the Great said:

Buck Turgidson said:

What did he write?

Avert your eyes from the new profile pic

Brent Zwennerman cryptically re-tweeted that, too, right before the dam broke early this PM.
    C/O 2013 - Company E2
    Sterling82
    I suspect the list of grievances were developed after Schlossnagle determined he wanted to leave. That's the typical process…a guy wants to have an affair, he starts making a mental list of all his wife's negatives to justify his actions.

With that said, Alberts worries me. You can't go around cutting costs to the point that your product becomes unmarketable. That's a road to even bigger financial problems.
    BadAggie
    AG
    Lmao. 'I can't recruit black players because dancers'

Doesn't seem to matter for other sports

What a lame bag of 'grievances'

Buck Turgidson
    mulch said:

Why did Schloss leave?

Insider's perspective:
    [ol]
  • He never liked the culture. He couldn't wrap his head around why people were freaking out about dancers on the dugouts. He felt he had a really hard time recruiting black players.
  • Once Jimbo was fired, word got around the buyout had to come from somewhere and it could be the baseball project. He never felt secure about the project.
  • Bjork hired him and then left.
  • Trevor Alberts fired senior staff including his baseball sport supervisor Chris Park. Why didn't they keep him on through the post season run? That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling. This was the tipping point. If baseball was important to the university, why let your guy go during the season? Trev BOTCHED this.
  • The decision to fire Childress was made before the second weekend of baseball in 2021 and Schloss was already the guy. This deal was all but done in April a week after the Texas loss to UTRGV. These deals are done long in the future.
  • Schloss' relationship with CDC cannot be underestimated. They talk on a weekly basis.
  • This could have been leaked the week after the regionals but Schloss lied about it to close people to protect himself. People close to him started asking questions since O'Connor got his extension and UT didn't hire Jay Johnson after LSU's regional loss. Schloss was ALWAYS their guy.
  • [/ol]

In hindsight, Schlossnagle looks like a more successful Mark Turgeon.
    BadAggie
    AG
    Sterling82 said:

I suspect the list of grievances were developed after Schlossnagle determined he wanted to leave. That's the typical process…a guy wants to have an affair, he starts making a mental list of all his wife's negatives to justify his actions.

With that said, Alberts worries me. You can't go around cutting costs to the point that your product becomes unmarketable. That's a road to even bigger financial problems.

Are we cutting costs or opting to make better moves?

Let's see how this progresses, sounds more like Schloss wanted to be closer to his special buddy in Austin

Ozzy Osbourne
    BadAggie said:

Lmao. 'I can't recruit black players because dancers'

Doesn't seem to matter for other sports

What a lame bag of 'grievances'

Shows you what he thinks about black players…
    NotalentAG
    AG
    We should never have a head coach in any sport that says or tweets "Y'all Aggies" in their 3rd year. In hindsight, that is a very telling tweet. We should have known and the deal was probably already done at that time.
    giveemhell
    I guess I'm dense, but I don't understand how that tweet about the George Strait concert was "rather telling". It didn't really tell me anything...[Edit: never mind, I get it now, just read NotalentAG's post above.)
    Elastrator
    giveemhell said:

I guess I'm dense, but I don't understand how that tweet about the George Strait concert was "rather telling". It didn't really tell me anything...[Edit: never mind, I get it now, just read NotalentAG's post above.)

Y'all Aggies not us….
    mulch
    AG
    The tweet basically says "Hey Trev, we just had a huge event on campus that everyone in the country is talking about. The guy that put this on and helps me a ton as well, well you just fired him you dumb ass."
    Texas A&M
    do you have a newsletter? I'd like to subscribe.
    giveemhell
    So the tweet was telling on a number of levels. You guys are good!
    swimmerbabe11
    I did not read the dancers and the black players as connected things but separate issues. lol yall are adding the "because" in there
    OldArmy71
    AG
    I know nothing about any of this, but here is what I can gather from the tweet:

First, he distances himself from Aggies. "You Aggies over there, you need to be grateful." Point is that HE is not one of us.

Second, he references Chris Park, whom I have never heard of, as deserving credit for the success of the concert. Chris Park was seemingly integral to the baseball program (according to Schlossnagel) yet was fired by our AD in the middle of the season. Schossnagel is calling out Aggies for our lack of gratitude.
    deer corn
    Wait Aggie Dance team on the dugouts turned away black players?

This is bizarre world.
    BadAggie
    AG
    NotalentAG said:

We should never have a head coach in any sport that says or tweets "Y'all Aggies" in their 3rd year. In hindsight, that is a very telling tweet. We should have known and the deal was probably already done at that time.

Basically. The real problem seemed to be his bromance with the sip AD.

Coaches come and go. It's a healthy step forward to not become beholden to them. NIL is a master recruiter in this day.

Last Page
    Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.