Limit of one foul ball after 2nd strike?

13,651 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Secolobo
Shawdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. Wolf, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

-Billy Madison (1995)

If you don't live on the edge, you can't see the view
milner79
And thus the WolfCall for Baseball Commissioner campaign died a swift and certain death ...
William_C_G
AG
We are the best at making opponents' pitchers throw a lot of pitches and then leave the game due to tiredness or high pitch count. Why take away our advantage? Hell no!
steve84
AG
I wouldn't like that at all. When I played little league back in the dark ages, the rule was 4 foul balls and your out. Hated it then, and would now. Of course that rule didn't apply to anyone but little league in Houston in the 1960's, not sure? Punishment for a good at bat, don't think so.
Tobias Funke
AG
You seem to be under the impression that batters can just foul off any pitch they want, no problem, and you seem to think that batters are taking advantage of these super-simple "foul swings" to wear out pitchers.

Methinks OP has probably never swung a bat at a ball.

EnergyAg
AG
Hitting a baseball is already one of the hardest things to do in sports. Let's make it even harder!
AgEng06
AG
I apologize to everyone that replied after like the 8th post in this thread. I got tired of blue-starring everything, so you didn't get one.

And what a monumentally awful take by OP.
J Wurzbach
Absolutely not!!!
TxA&Mhunter
AG
This literally has to be one of the worst takes I've seen on this baseball forum post…. It is a troll job right, or
A drunk post because you lost money on the game?
tonytx05
AG
Let's add to this if you square to bunt, you can't pull it back. Either you make contact or you are out immediately. Bunting foul results in an immediate ejection because you are purposely delaying the game.
jkag89
This is even more ridiculous than the OP.
trouble
AG
I think that was his point
Mairzy Doats
AG
Defending his terrible post is worse than the post itself. I actually thought it was an inside joke I missed somewhere. What an idiot.
Mark Stoops
This is a tremendously horrible idea
dermdoc
AG
WolfCall said:

Should there be a limit in College Baseball of only one foul ball after the second strike, with the hitter being called out on the 2nd foul ball after the 2nd strike?

This would limit the maximum number of pitches for a hitter to seven. And, avoid the interminable foul balls of a hitter adept at defending the plate.
So the epic at bat by Trevor Werner against the sips in the CWS never would have happened?

Boo this man.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieKeith15
AG
I think OP is a genius, killing time for everyone with a troll topic while we wait for the baseball games to start.

Good work OP!

/golf clap
YokelRidesAgain
AG
WolfCall said:

Should there be a limit in College Baseball of only one foul ball after the second strike, with the hitter being called out on the 2nd foul ball after the 2nd strike?

This would limit the maximum number of pitches for a hitter to seven. And, avoid the interminable foul balls of a hitter adept at defending the plate.

Unlike the rest of you comedians, I support the OP's visionary proposal.

To offset the new disadvantage to hitters, college baseball should also allow one batter per inning who reaches base to maintain possession of their bat, which can be used as a club against fielders. That would be cool.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BQ_90
AG
WolfCall said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

You want to change the game fundamentally, bad idea.
Just curious how this would be a fundamental change. How often does a hitter hit a second foul ball after a two strike count?

In many cases the hitting approach is to make a guy throw a lot of pitches to get to the bullpen. Many cases a team might have strong starter but weak or not deep pen, so you wanna try to get the starter out of the game.

This isn't intermurals where the goal is to finish the game quickly and get to the chicken
drthoop
AG
Are the neurons in your hippocampus misfiring?
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
12thMan9
AG
drthoop said:

Are the neurons in your hippocampus misfiring?
He has no hippo, or rhino, or off, or mini campus.
Ronnie '88
SA-AG72
AG
And 1 pitch during extra innings? Sheesh!
A.G.S.94

Maybe he's applying for a position at the NCAA and wants to prove he's got the chops?
Divining Rod
the idea is on right track but bad execution. 9 pitch limit I could get behind.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
This is one of those user name change posts, goodness
Divining Rod
do
Sean98
AG
I flagged this thread for "Violating the Law."
jkag89
trouble said:

I think that was his point

Replace you with me

I guess I need a quick siesta before the NCSt./UK game this afternoon

AggieRob93
AG
Sure, and let's allow a pitcher five pitches per batter. Can't get the batter out in 5 pitches? Walk.
Divining Rod
dp
DargelSkout
AG
Watch the Bananas if you want a shorter game and don't want to watch real baseball.
sanaug
AG
Joined 2011
Texags legend
More than 6000 posts
52% in Politics

Conclusion: Trolling
Aggie12B
AG
WolfCall said:

This has to be a troll. That is the most re tard ed idea ever. Batter's fouling off several pitches is a big part of what makes baseball such a great sport.
BiochemAg97
AG
WolfCall said:

BeatHellOutOfTU said:

You want to change the game fundamentally, bad idea.
Just curious how this would be a fundamental change. How often does a hitter hit a second foul ball after a two strike count?

Have you watched baseball?
jah003
S
Frag
AG
OP, you need to email and beg the mods to delete this thread forever and save yourself a life of baseball board infamy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.