Texas A&M base has the talent to win the national championship

7,044 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by snowdog90
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
but they have gone into a funk in all phases of the game .
greg.w.h
AG
Lift them up in the regional.
rgag12
AG
The good news is, is that the Aggies play best at home.

So hopefully we can cling on to a national seed.
AG
[Baseball ONLY on this board - - Staff]
frenchtoast
Don't forget to mention resources.
NoahAg
Trying to be optimistic but these last few weeks have been rough. We're slumping at the wrong time.
HogsSmellGood
Aggies will have their national seed.
This tournament is a race for who can get home and in their own beds the fastest. At least for the four top seeds it is.
TMF
AG
We can't afford to slump because we don't have the pitching to overcome that in a series. I think that's why we many are concerned. We are used to the bats hitting us out of any holes.
Bryanisbest
AG
When you lose you lose momentum. Saving all these pitchers is a mistake. Wins lift. Losses deflate. Winning now is more important than hoping to be winning later. Lose now lose later.
Farmer1906
AG
TMF said:

We can't afford to slump because we don't have the pitching to overcome that in a series. I think that's why we many are concerned. We are used to the bats hitting us out of any holes.
If we don't have the pitching, then who does?

6th in ERA
4th in WHIP
1st in Shutouts
2nd in SO-BB Ratio

This is conference rankings, this is nationally.
Bryanisbest
AG
Right now we don't have the pitching either
dcg4403
AG
Bryanisbest said:

but they have gone into a funk in all phases of the game .

I am officially scared that this team will be that story from a major mid-season high to becoming a low performing team in the NCAA tourney.

Just very, very nervous that can't turn this around while other teams like Kentucky, Miss St and Tennessee all have been seriously trending up. Kentucky has been amazing all year.

Arkansas also falls into our dilemma. I dont see them going beyond a Super.

Not sure how Schloss addresses this. I can only pray that there is a magical turnaround...
Bryanisbest
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TMF said:

6th in ERA

4th in WHIP
1st in Shutouts
2nd in SO-BB Ratio

Arkansas, but they don't have the hitting .
Farmer1906
AG
Bryanisbest said:

When you lose you lose momentum. Saving all these pitchers is a mistake. Wins lift. Loses deflate. Winning now is more important than hoping to be winning later. Lose now lose later.
What pitcher did we save? Sdao?

Is that why MSU won the title after going 0-2 in 2021? Or Arkansas to the CWS final after 0-2 in 2022?
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
This reminds me of the 2012 team. We had an early exit from the Big 12 Tournament, and then went home and lost the regional. The conversation back then was that the Ags would turn it back on during the post season just like today.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Farmer1906
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Farmer1906 said:

TMF said:

6th in ERA

4th in WHIP
1st in Shutouts
2nd in SO-BB Ratio

Arkansas, but they don't have the hitting .
Oh, I remember them. The team we just beat 2 out of 3 while outdueling the #1 pitcher & staff in the country.
Bryanisbest
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

When you lose you lose momentum. Saving all these pitchers is a mistake. Wins lift. Loses deflate. Winning now is more important than hoping to be winning later. Lose now lose later.
What pitcher did we save? Sdao
Is that why MSU won the title after going 0-2 in 2021? Or Arkansas to the CWS final after 0-2 in 2022?

In our last loss we pitched the whole bullpen who had not pitched much before. Miss St

And now we are going down to Tenn. we don't have the pitching and our hitting is in a slump. Not playing good D either. Grajovac can't throw
Farmer1906
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

In our last loss we pitched the whole bullpen who had not pitched much before. Miss St

We pitched Cortez & Ash.

Who did we save?
Bryanisbest
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

We pitched Cortez & Ash.

Who did we save?

After two or three I haven't seen pitch all year
Aggie1205
AG
Is your expectation that the baseball team win every game?
Bryanisbest
AG
Yea, right. Going 0-2 in the Sec tournament is no bad sign at all
Farmer1906
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

We pitched Cortez & Ash.

Who did we save?

After two or three I haven't seen pitch all year
Fair, but you mentioned saving all these pitchers and that isn't the case. We used all our best arms. UT got one off of Prager. Cortez lost control after being electric. Ash couldn't shut the door like we're used to. **** happens. Schloss was clear he wanted to win without jeopardizing health. We didn't get the job done. As I mentioned before there is no real correlation between success or failure at Hoover and success or failure in regionals/super/CWS for the top teams.
ArlingtonAg2015
AG
I love this team. I love our coaches and staff. But something's been off since the Ole Miss Series. The team has a losing record since then is not playing well enough right now to make it to Omaha. Things can change and I certainly hope they will next weekend. Time for the uncharacteristic performance and slumps to be over .
Bryanisbest
AG
ArlingtonAg2015 said:

I love this team. I love our coaches and staff. But something's been off since the Ole Miss Series. The team has a losing record since then is not playing well enough right now to make it to Omaha. Things can change and I certainly hope they will next weekend. Time for the uncharacteristic performance and slumps to be over .

We used 2-3 less than the best by plan. 2 innings each going in
AG
We are 5-7 in the month of May. That isn't going to cut it. I do think we will have a renewed energy going into the regional but our away record scares me.
kevmiller
I mean we have lost 8 of our last 12 SEC games

I posted a thread similar other week and response was basically " ehh we're Tx A&M, we're better than anyone else.

We finished 4th in the league. Were 4-8 in last 12 games vs actual competition…. Yeah .. it's a reason for concern.
I honestly just don't think we were ever really as good as many perceived us to be.
phatty26
5-7 in May is not good at all with a win over Rice mixed in. I hope we right the ship.
Wabs
AG
I was hoping our lineup could score enough to mask some of our pitching deficiencies enough to take a serious run at a natty. But man, we've looked very mediocre at the plate lately, and that's being generous. Oh well, get to work and see where it goes.
Tobias Funke
AG
kevmiller said:

I posted a thread similar other week and response was basically " ehh we're Tx A&M, we're better than anyone else.

I know you said "basically" to cover your ass on a completely BS claim, but I would love for you to go find and share receipt of this claim. I haven't seen one poster here literally or "basically" say any such thing. There are just rational fans that exist and some of yall perceive that as excessive positivity for some reason
trouble
AG
1939 said:

We are 5-7 in the month of May. That isn't going to cut it. I do think we will have a renewed energy going into the regional but our away record scares me.

Luckily, we don't have to play on the road until Omaha.

Plenty of time to turn the mojo around
TexAgs23
I'm not ready to jump off a cliff for leaving the tournament early. I am concerned with how the bats seem to be struggling so much lately.

It could be that we're playing tougher competition, could be people have more film, could be that we hit a slump against LSU and the team is now pressing.... I don't know the answer but hope a few games back at Olsen make everything right again.

BTHO everyone!!
Aggie1205
AG
I asked if your expectation is that the team wins every game? Just curious.

If not, what winning percentage would be considered good in your eyes?
Eivets Rednow
kevmiller said:

I mean we have lost 8 of our last 12 SEC games

We finished 4th in the league. Were 4-8 in last 12 games vs actual competition…. Yeah .. it's a reason for concern.
I honestly just don't think we were ever really as good as many perceived us to be.

4th in a league that will have 4 national seeds.

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!
NoahAg
Aggie1205 said:

I asked if your expectation is that the team wins every game? Just curious.

If not, what winning percentage would be considered good in your eyes?

Winning percentage doesn't matter when you crap the bed when it counts the most. See:

2007 Patriots
2006-2007 Mavericks
1998 Vikings

phatty26
trouble said:

1939 said:

Luckily, we don't have to play on the road until Omaha.

Plenty of time to turn the mojo around

Yes we have played a hard schedule and earned the right to be at home is the key, but we have got to play better. We have been sloppy and striking out way too much.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.