Texas A&M base has the talent to win the national championship

7,219 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by snowdog90
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree with those points. I think we'll play better next weekend though
phatty26
The other important thing is we won every OOC game. That is amazing?
trouble
AG
It's pretty incredible.
Malibu
Baseball is weird sometimes. The Rangers limped into the playoffs and lost the division in what should have been a layup, and then won the whole dang thing. Some 3 seed from BFE St. will be in Omaha, and maybe we will too. Sometimes the better teams lose.
rgag12
AG
NoahAg said:

Aggie1205 said:

I asked if your expectation is that the team wins every game? Just curious.

If not, what winning percentage would be considered good in your eyes?

Winning percentage doesn't matter when you crap the bed when it counts the most. See:

2007 Patriots
2006-2007 Mavericks
1998 Vikings

2023 Cowboys
tjack16
AG
I would be curious to see our stats in the month of May. Just feels like we are off on the little things
SWAGBOT
AG
This is a quintessential Aggie season. Tons of hope and aspirations, reaching a top rank (albeit #1 is rare), only for the world to come crashing down at the end of the season with sloppy play and falling short.

THAT BEING SAID... the SEC tournament is more difficult than any regional. Rest up, reload, and lets get ready for the real thing.
RichAg
Things can change and I certainly hope they will next weekend. Time for the uncharacteristic performance
dcg4403
AG
Malibu said:

Baseball is weird sometimes. The Rangers limped into the playoffs and lost the division in what should have been a layup, and then won the whole dang thing. Some 3 seed from BFE St. will be in Omaha, and maybe we will too. Sometimes the better teams lose.

Sure hope this turns into reality with this team. They are very deserving of a Omaha trip. I would be so disappointed for the team itself as they have provided so much joy in watching with my kids.

Certainly not going all negative but current play is quite concerning.

Gonna be ironic if LSU goes all the way. From total suck to being one the best right now in the SEC.
Aggie Class of 2026
The issue is hitting and fielding. It's two areas this team has done acceptionally well all season. Regardless of who is pitching, we should still be crushing the ball and making plays on defense.

This team doesn't look focused or hungry anymore
S.A. Aggie
AG
Hope Schloss can flip the switch or stop passing up on the first pitch! A new batting coach may be in line. This tournament was an embarrassment for us. We are not the #4 team in the nation.
Aston 91
AG
Bryanisbest said:

When you lose you lose momentum. Saving all these pitchers is a mistake. Wins lift. Loses deflate. Winning now is more important than hoping to be winning later. Lose now lose later.
Momentum? Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.

Earl Weaver
DGrimesAg92
rgag12 said:

The good news is, is that the Aggies play best at home.

So hopefully we can cling on to a national seed.

Omaha are away games.
Fquin
AG
I personally would be happy with a lower winning percentage than our current percentage if we were stacking the wins at the end of the season as opposed to earlier in the year.
rgag12
AG
DGrimesAg92 said:

rgag12 said:

Omaha are away games.

At this point, I'd be thrilled if we even got to Omaha.
AggieBB
AG
rgag12 said:

Do you really think there's a chance that we don't get a NS?
dcg4403
AG
rgag12 said:

DGrimesAg92 said:

rgag12 said:

Omaha are away games.

We have reservations all week in Omaha. And I am not very confident that we will be seeing Ags on the field. Schloss needs to bring the magic!! Love this team. Really want them to make Omaha for the players themselves. Plus, only help Schloss dominate recruiting. We need this!!!
AggieBB
AG
dcg4403 said:

rgag12 said:

DGrimesAg92 said:

rgag12 said:

Omaha are away games.

We have reservations all week in Omaha. And I am not very confident that we will be seeing Ags on the field. Schloss needs to bring the magic!! Love this team. Really want them to make Omaha for the players themselves. Plus, only help Schloss dominate recruiting. We need this!!!
We will. We'll be there to. Went in 2022 and had a blast. This year we will win the whole ****ing thing!
wangus12
AG
1939 said:

We are 5-7 in the month of May. That isn't going to cut it. I do think we will have a renewed energy going into the regional but our away record scares me.
This is the bigger take away for me. Team is in a slump at the wrong time.
SHSU-AG
Team is in a slump and are trying hard to get out of it. They need to get back to Olsen and play a little fungo golf, get loose and start having fun again!
Hustle, hit, never quit!
Sharpshooter
AG
Bryanisbest said:

but they have gone into a funk in all phases of the game .
And, this post is supposed to help, how?
RGLAG85
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Is your expectation that the baseball team win every game?
Yes and it should be, anything else is a loser mentality. I can promise you, every time the players step on the field, they expect to win. Will they, no, it's baseball, a game of failures. The last team standing will be the team that fails the least.
DGrimesAg92
Sharpshooter said:

Bryanisbest said:

And, this post is supposed to help, how?

Well, he's not wrong. It's not like the team and coaches sit around and read what a bunch of couch coaches have to say.
TexasAGGIEinAR
We're about to win 5 games in a row and head to Omaha ready to roll. Y'all keep that worrying up. I'm gonna go with optimism and believing in a team that has proven they are deadly. Either be all in or get the hell out.
rathAG05
AG
TMF said:

We can't afford to slump because we don't have the pitching to overcome that in a series. I think that's why we many are concerned. We are used to the bats hitting us out of any holes.

I think you are way underestimating our pitching. Our pitchers have all developed nicely throughout the year. We absolutely have the arms to win a Natty. Our bats have just really struggled the past few weeks.
rathAG05
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

We're about to win 5 games in a row and head to Omaha ready to roll. Y'all keep that worrying up. I'm gonna go with optimism and believing in a team that has proven they are deadly. Either be all in or get the hell out.

I'm with you. I think the environment at BBP will be so massive, this fan base will get them out of this funk. I don't know if we'll see middle of season Texas A&M, but I do think we'll see a much better version.
Sandman98
AG
SWAGBOT said:

THAT BEING SAID... the SEC tournament is more difficult than any regional.

Everyone needs to stop saying this. Any tournament where the motive is different for each team is not more difficult than one that has one goal shared by each team. Even Schloss had to prep the masses out loud by saying the tourney didn't mean anything.
AggieBB
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

When you lose you lose momentum. Saving all these pitchers is a mistake. Wins lift. Loses deflate. Winning now is more important than hoping to be winning later. Lose now lose later.
What pitcher did we save? Sdao?

Is that why MSU won the title after going 0-2 in 2021? Or Arkansas to the CWS final after 0-2 in 2022?
And ole miss won the title after going 0-2 in '22
LSU Baseball Fan
Y'all have the talent to win a national title this year. Just need Prager to keep dealing, the lineup to get hot, and some bullpen guys to step up.

Recent history has shown you just need to play your best over the next 4 weeks, and performance in Hoover isn't an indicator of how the NCAA will go. All of the last three champs got bounced early in Hoover.

As dominant as the 2023 LSU team was at its best, most people forget we had a pretty bad May heading into the NCAA tournament. We lost our first series to Auburn, then had an embarrassing series loss and bullpen collapse at home against the worst Mississippi State team in a long time, lost Game 3 to Georgia to let the SEC title slip away, then bombed out early in Hoover. Most LSU fans thought the season would end in disappointment even with all that talent, then they played great ball again when it counted.

No reason A&M can't do it this year. Or this LSU team, for that matter.
Farmer1906
AG
AggieBB said:

Farmer1906 said:

Bryanisbest said:

What pitcher did we save? Sdao?

Is that why MSU won the title after going 0-2 in 2021? Or Arkansas to the CWS final after 0-2 in 2022?
And ole miss won the title after going 0-2 in '22

I believe it was 0-1 but your point stands.
Bryanisbest
AG
I hate my BAS but it seems like we pass on pitches that are strikes and swing at pitches that are balls. Way too many K's. Put the ball in play.
aeon-ag
Bryanisbest said:

Apparently they don't have the talent to win the National Championship. the just lost a double elimination in the SEC Championship. Thant's talent??!!
aggiewilliford
We will be fine. We do better against unknown teams. Rest up and get ready to swing away boys!
AGDAD14
First rule in sports, talent only takes you so far!
Mark Fairchild
AG
I have faith that these young men know exactly what the "it" is and will perform accordingly.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.