This Weekend in the SEC (5/16 -5/18)

16,136 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Serious Lee
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not worried about UGA. We just need to take care of our own sh**.
dabo man
AG
Mizzou at Miss St game has ground to a halt. Three umpires met with MU's head coach just now apparently because their center fielder is on the roster as #18 but wearing #29. The announcers say he's been wearing #29 the entire game.

They're on a call to Birmingham over this.
missinAggieland
AG
So what was the end result?
dabo man
AG
They made no announcement. Clanga announcers aren't even sure that's what the holdup was about. They say MU had a player stretching like he was going to come into the game and that player isn't on this weekend's 27 man roster. Why they would have to call Birmingham for that, I can't imagine.

I'm going to look for a writeup of this game tomorrow as I'm now going to be wondering about this all night.
missinAggieland
AG
I flipped it over to the game just as they were apologizing to a player. I heard the comment about the 27 man roster, but nothing else.

Thanks for saying they said nothing. So odd.
ftworthag02
AG
I definitely don't want tcu coming to Olsen. They are on a upward trend
PhatMack19
AG
Names matter, not numbers.
PhatMack19
AG
Copied. They may end up in College Station

"Lamar rallies for two runs when they were down to their final strike to beat New Orleans, 10-9!

Cardinals (41-12, 17-6) clinch at least a share of their first Southland regular season title since 2004!

HOW BOUT THOSE CARDS! #PeckEm!"
Sean98
AG
Almost entirely chalk today in the Top 25. UNC loses to Duke, WooPig loses to the Ags, Wake loses NCState. Other than that, chalk, chalk, chalk.

edit: I swear D1 Scores showed a Wake/NCState DH last night but maybe I'm just crazy.
dixichkn
AG
jkag89 said:

chomp chomp will win a game.

If I had a pot to piss in I'd betcha on this one. Georgia is ROLLING. Gatah, not so much. I hope you're right but I doubt it
jkag89
Other Thursday Top 25 Scores
Boston College 10 - #4 Clemson 12
#6 Oregon St. 9 - #14 Arizona 2
#7 North Carolina 3 - #11 Duke 5
#8 Wake Forest 3 - #17 North Carolina St. 14
Georgia Tech 3 - #10 Florida St. 8
Virginia Tech 3 - #18 Virginia 7
#20 Indiana St. 13 - Valpo 4
Washington St. 2 - #23 Oregon 9
twk
AG
LSU and Ole Miss has been moved up to noon.
jkag89
twk said:

LSU and Ole Miss has been moved up to noon.
Thanks Tom!
dabo man
AG
A brief summary of last night's bottom of the 7th / Missouri at Mississippi State as I remember it. Mizzou starts the inning with a new pitcher who throws one pitch. I look up, and there's a conference with three umpires and the Mizzou coach. Clanga announcers don't know why. It goes on and on though.

Clanga announcers speculate it's because Missouri's center fielder is #18 on the roster but is wearing #29. They do note that he's been wearing #29 the entire game. The umpires go on a call with Birmingham. After the call, they continue play, making no announcement of any kind. Mizzou again changes pitchers (after the guy had thrown one pitch on the night followed by all of this).

Clanga announcers then apologize to the center fielder and say it had something to do with a Mizzou player who was warming up. He wasn't on the 27 man roster for the weekend. I don't really understand why that matters unless they actually tried to bring him into the game.

Read the Columbia, MO newspaper article on the game this morning, and it made no mention of any of this. Mizzou was eliminated from making the SEC Tournament with the loss, and that was the focus of the article.
dabo man
AG
Today's Mizzou at Mississippi State game time is now 3 PM

https://www.starkvilledailynews.com/sports/msu-baseball-friday-game-time-changed-to-3-p-m/article_ef04f0e8-13fb-11ef-86f6-67d1088bcd2e.html
dabo man
AG
Florida at Georgia is underway in Athens.
jkag89
Thanks dabo. With all the weather it is tough keeping up with all the schedule changes.
dabo man
AG
Of the four teams playing right now, three of them are 11-17 in SEC play. 13 wins is a 38% chance of making a regional, historically. Would Florida, LSU, or Ole Miss (or more than one) make it with 13 wins?

Will be fun to watch from above the fray.

After three edits, I think I have something comprehensible written.
dabo man
AG
UGA starting catcher was just ejected. Fouled one off of his foot. It was called fair, and he was thrown out without running to first. Pled his case to the umpire to no avail, said some bad words, and was tossed.
Aggie97
AG
dabo man said:

Of the four teams playing right now, three of them are 11-17 in SEC play. 13 wins is a 38% chance of making a regional, historically. Would Florida, LSU, or Ole Miss (or more than one) make it with 13 wins?

Depending on the weekend Fla and Ole Miss also could miss the tournament if they finish with an overall losing record. Unless they win the conference tournament.
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

A brief summary of last night's bottom of the 7th / Missouri at Mississippi State as I remember it. Mizzou starts the inning with a new pitcher who throws one pitch. I look up, and there's a conference with three umpires and the Mizzou coach. Clanga announcers don't know why. It goes on and on though.

Clanga announcers speculate it's because Missouri's center fielder is #18 on the roster but is wearing #29. They do note that he's been wearing #29 the entire game. The umpires go on a call with Birmingham. After the call, they continue play, making no announcement of any kind. Mizzou again changes pitchers (after the guy had thrown one pitch on the night followed by all of this).

Clanga announcers then apologize to the center fielder and say it had something to do with a Mizzou player who was warming up. He wasn't on the 27 man roster for the weekend. I don't really understand why that matters unless they actually tried to bring him into the game.

Read the Columbia, MO newspaper article on the game this morning, and it made no mention of any of this. Mizzou was eliminated from making the SEC Tournament with the loss, and that was the focus of the article.
d1 Friday Weekend Waypoints stated that Mizzou Pitcher Jacob Peaden - the pitcher who threw the one pitch - was not on the 27 man roster and HailState protested his participation. He's a guy that pitches quite a bit for them so someone in Mizzou's dugout really screwed up if they traveled with, and played, a non-roster player. Wonder if he was dinged up and they didn't have him on, but at the last minute he was good to go and they didn't get him added back. Either way, just a total administrative failure.
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

Generally you need to be Top 30 RPI to be "in" at 13 SEC wins. I don't have the exact numbers at my finger tips but Mark Etheridge has a few very detailed break downs of all the SEC teams to make the tourney at 12, 13, 14, 15 wins and their corresponding RPIs. Florida is #32, Ole Miss is #25 and LSU is #33 in the RPI at this moment.

And as 97 said, OleMiss now also at 27-26 overall so they have a second real problem in regards to overall W/L record. Teams have to be 1 game clear of .500 to qualify as an at-large team. Florida at 26-26 and Ole Miss at 27-26 have a lot of work to do.
twk
AG
Sean98 said:

dabo man said:

d1 Friday Weekend Waypoints stated that Mizzou Pitcher Jacob Peaden - the pitcher who threw the one pitch - was not on the 27 man roster and HailState protested his participation. He's a guy that pitches quite a bit for them so someone in Mizzou's dugout really screwed up if they traveled with, and played, a non-roster player. Wonder if he was dinged up and they didn't have him on, but at the last minute he was good to go and they didn't get him added back. Either way, just a total administrative failure.
Oklahoma State did that against us once at Stillwater. In fact, I think we didn't catch it until the guy's second at bat.
AgEng06
AG
Pivotal moment in the Gator/Dawg game. Bottom 6, UGA up 4-1 with bases loaded and 1 out.
AgEng06
AG
Gator reliever gets 2 Ks to end the threat. 4-1 UGA after 6.
AgEng06
AG
Correction: the score is 3-1, UGA. The screen graphic was apparently wrong and has been updated.
twk
AG
CHOMP! Gators tie it up in the 8th 4-4.
AgEng06
AG
Florida ties the game on a 2-run homer, 4-4, mid 8.
AgEng06
AG
I dislike rooting for Florida, but in this case I can do it.
AgEng06
AG
Tie game, 4-4, Dawgs batting in bottom of the 9th.
AgEng06
AG
On to the 10th
aginlakeway
AG
We want Florida I assume.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
AgEng06
AG
Cags and Condon will both bat in this inning.
AgEng06
AG
I think so. Don't want UGA having the opportunity to sweep.
dabo man
AG
Do we see a bunt here? I want to see some small ball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.