This Weekend in the SEC (5/16 -5/18)

16,138 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Serious Lee
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Executed perfectly. Runners on 2 and 3, 1 out.
aginlakeway
AG
Boom!!!!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
AgEng06
AG
Doesn't matter. 3 run bomb, Gatah. 7-4 now.
dabo man
AG
LSU over Ole Miss 4-2 FINAL

Best Ole Miss can do now SEC regular season-wise is 12 wins.
LB12Diamond
AG
Nice!
aginlakeway
AG
I think a Georgia loss clinches a top 4 seed in SEC tournament for Aggies.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Sean98
AG
UNC/Duke also tied at 4-4 in the 7th. Otherwise all chalk so far today.
twk
AG
dabo man said:

LSU over Ole Miss 4-2 FINAL

Best Ole Miss can do now SEC regular season-wise is 12 wins.
I will be pulling for them to do that so that they and the swamp kitties both end up 12 - 18.
Luke The Drifter
AG
aginlakeway said:

I think a Georgia loss clinches a top 4 seed in SEC tournament for Aggies.

You are correct. Our magic number was one (1) after last night's win over Arkansas.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dabo man
AG
Mizzou at Mississippi St is underway in Starkvegas. Guessing Mizzou will lay down and die these next two games now that they're eliminated from reaching the SEC Tournament.
Sq 17
These young men were good enough to make an SEC Baseball team I doubt they quit
AgEng06
AG
Gators win 7-4
Sq 17
Good news That and beating the hogs a very nice 18 hours of results
dermdoc
AG
Watching Mizzou at Miss State tied 1-1 top of 4.

I still can't believe Miss State let those fans stand behind club seats. And some are visiting fans. I guess they buy club passes which was on the Blue Bell renovation survey.

That would drive me crazy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
Mizzou has fans that travel? They barely have fans that show up for home games.
Aggie97
AG
Question. I think i remember about 10+ years ago a team not make Hoover and still made NCAA. I think it was even before we entered the conference.
dermdoc
AG
jkag89 said:

Mizzou has fans that travel? They barely have fans that show up for home games.

Actually I only see Miss State fans there today. But when a team that travels is there, visiting fans are standing behind the club seats.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

Watching Mizzou at Miss State tied 1-1 top of 4.

I still can't believe Miss State let those fans stand behind club seats. And some are visiting fans. I guess they buy club passes which was on the Blue Bell renovation survey.

That would drive me crazy.
I don't think they even have to have club passes to stand there. Think I read that somewhere.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

Mizzou has fans that travel?

I know a number of them who travel 125 miles east for baseball.
Sean98
AG
Sq 17 said:

These young men were good enough to make an SEC Baseball team I doubt they quit
One potential positive impact of the transfer portal... These kids are ALWAYS playing for their next chance. Maybe it's on this Mizzou team in '25, maybe it's for someone else. But they're always laying down tape, good or bad
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

Mizzou has fans that travel?

I know a number of them who travel 125 miles east for baseball.
The team to the West has won a World Series more recently.
dabo man
AG
Benny gets invited to Cardinals games from time to time and always has a great time. He couldn't care less about baseball, but as an only child, it's cool for him to get a big chunk of time like that with another kid.

I always invite the kid to a Royals game in return. Tickets are cheaper. it's (slightly) closer, parking is cheaper, the highway is better, etc. I've never had a taker on the Royals tickets. People in Mid-Missouri simply don't care about them. You can't even get decent reception of a Royals radio affiliate here in Columbia.
twk
AG
Best thing I've seen all day: State's punk catcher takes a foul ball right in the junk.
AgEng06
AG
State's dbag catcher just took a ball in the balls. Ya hate to see it.

Also, I still can't get over his dumb mitt presentation on every pitch.
AgEng06
AG
twk said:

Best thing I've seen all day: State's punk catcher takes a foul ball right in the junk.

Jinx
dabo man
AG
Notice how quickly the catcher sent the female trainer away?
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

Is that Hines?
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

twk said:

Is that Hines?
No. Johnny Long. The roided out punk who nearly started a brawl against UGA after tagging a guy out at the plate.
trouble
AG
twk said:

dermdoc said:

twk said:

Is that Hines?
No. Johnny Long. The roided out punk who nearly started a brawl against UGA after tagging a guy out at the plate.

You hate to see it
twk
AG
For those not watching, the State announcers were talking about the prospect of not getting a game in tomorrow due to rain. That might affect seeding at Hoover if UGA plays and wins, but I wonder if State would just as soon not play tomorrow lest they risk an RPI set back? As close as they are to the top 16, a loss to Missouri would hurt, while a win would not do much.
AgEng06
AG
Vandy/UK underway... Vandy with a double and HR to start the game. Up 2-0, 1 out, top 1.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I don't think MSU has a shot at a top 16/host spot unless they run the table at the SECT. With A&M, Arkansas, UT, UK, and UGA all but guaranteed host spots, my guess is they'll dig depose down the RPI to fill a host spot. MSU will be a brutal 2-seed for someone, though.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
AgEng06
AG
UK leads off w/ back to back bombs to tie it up, 2-2.
you moran
AG
dabo man said:

Notice how quickly the catcher sent the female trainer away?

Should have asked her to rub some dirt on it.
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

Benny gets invited to Cardinals games from time to time and always has a great time. He couldn't care less about baseball, but as an only child, it's cool for him to get a big chunk of time like that with another kid.

I always invite the kid to a Royals game in return. Tickets are cheaper. it's (slightly) closer, parking is cheaper, the highway is better, etc. I've never had a taker on the Royals tickets. People in Mid-Missouri simply don't care about them. You can't even get decent reception of a Royals radio affiliate here in Columbia.
I have no hate for the Cards. My Dad was a Cardinals fan and I grew to in Texas listening to Cards games on the radio. I just sort of lean into the Royals and the Cards rivalry now that I live so close to KC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.