*****Aggies vs. Rice*****

64,700 Views | 1072 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by RED AG 98
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beau Holder said:

dabo man said:

We've had a lot of midweek wins this season where we didn't play well. After this weekend's ugliness in BTR, I want to see us play well. I don't think Rice has the talent to compete with us if that happens.

Lifelong Rice fan (and grad degree there) second to A&M as many know. I can tell you this team is so awful that A&M would have to almost literally no-show to lose this. I tuned out on this Rice team by the time they were like 7-20.

Crazy how they can't field a competitive team given the academic prestige and all the insanely talented private school Houston kids
Beau Holder
AG
Bad coaching hires, plain and simple. Let Wayne go on too long, missed badly with Bragga, didn't even try with Cruz Jr. The new AD (came from Vandy) needs to fire him after this season and go make his own hire, preferably one with actual college coaching experience.
cheeky
BLSmith04
AG
Don't lose to food
GigEmAgsCaleb
Leander - Ag
12th Man Ag
9dag
AG
My brother graduated top of his class and rec'd a full ride to Rice before he came here for his Masters.

That was one of Dad's favorite jokes!

Rice, Rice Rice !
It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
you moran
AG
Always thought the punchline should be brown rice or dirty rice. Or even fried rice. I mean it may have entered as rice or plain ole white rice...
you moran
AG
But still funny with respect to Rice.
fightintxaggie10
AG
tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

dabo man said:

We've had a lot of midweek wins this season where we didn't play well. After this weekend's ugliness in BTR, I want to see us play well. I don't think Rice has the talent to compete with us if that happens.

Lifelong Rice fan (and grad degree there) second to A&M as many know. I can tell you this team is so awful that A&M would have to almost literally no-show to lose this. I tuned out on this Rice team by the time they were like 7-20.

Crazy how they can't field a competitive team given the academic prestige and all the insanely talented private school Houston kids

Stanford has proven it can be done at a high level across multiple sports. It's the leadership of the university, a lot like A&M, that keeps them down.
you moran
AG
And tcu and Vandy and Rice previously. So yeah, going with coaching and leadership. Although NIL may counter one of their previous big advantages in baseball.
aggiejim70
AG
I guess the Ol' Army Rice yell with the anatomy and dietary reference is long since out of the inventory as not being PC.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
RGLAG85
AG
Had Chinese food for lunch and I refused to eat the rice!
McInnis
AG
Yeah, pretty sure we'll never hear that at A&M again. Actually, back in the 70s I remember being a little surprised we used it. Although I did think it was funny.
BoerneGator
Killzone3abc
AG
So do yall think Moss starts? I think Moss starts.
William_C_G
AG
BTHO rice rice baby!
Capitol Ag
AG
Burn Rice!!!!
KidDoc
AG
Bought tickets and totally forgot I have a dang medical school meeting 6-8.

WTS 2 for Rice 5/7 | TexAgs

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charpie
8e8Ag
DD88
AG

Let's Devour Rice!!!
agdoc2001
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TheBonifaceOption
forum 8, what comes out of a chinaman's ass?
Rider76
kevmiller
Beau Holder said:

Bad coaching hires, plain and simple. Let Wayne go on too long, missed badly with Bragga, didn't even try with Cruz Jr. The new AD (came from Vandy) needs to fire him after this season and go make his own hire, preferably one with actual college coaching experience.
Agree with most of this.
Yes maybe kept Wayne Graham around too long but it wasnt like it they kept him 5-6 years to long.. Kept him maybe 1-2 years too long so IMO didt impact the program downfall greatly.
Graham was still coming off 6 consecutive conference titles in 2015. Hosted and was a 1 seed in 2016 ( regional the Ags won) and were a regional finalist in 2017.
Wheels came off and they had a losing record and missed the postseason for the first time since 1994 in 2018.
Graham was gone at that point.
No they were not the level he had in the early 2000's but still very competitive
And when the man who took a program that had nothing , only 7 winning seasons prior to his arrival in 1992 and never made NCAA postseason in the history of the program and took them to 23 consecutive NCAA postseasons, 18 conference titles, 11 conference tournament titles, 7 trips to Omaha and a National Title.. he sort of earned the right to stick around.

The Bragga hire was a swing and a miss. Not a bad hire on paper with success he had at Tennesse Tech but couldn't muster anything and was fired after only 3 seasons which included the covid shortened 2020 season. He had a 51-76-1 overall record

Now Jose Cruz Jr is a head scratcher. Yes he was a big part of the Wayne Graham rebuild at Rice in the early-mid 90's. His dad was a fan favorite with the Astros in the 80's..Was a big league player..He obviously knows the game, but had zero head coaching experience and only coaching experience he had was on year as an assistant hitting coach with the Detroit Tigers. He had never been a head coach and had zero experience at the college level...and so far its been a train wreck.
In his 3rd season he is 57-104.

Rice will finish with a losing record for the 7th consecutive season and miss the postseason for the 6th straight season. Thats hard to believe considering all the success they had for 25 years

The Ags and Rice absolutely had some classic battles in the post season as well as regular season games in that time .
jkag89
Quote:

Hosted and was a 1 seed in 2016 ( regional the Ags won)
This is wrong. A&M hosted a Regional in 2016. Rice was the #2 Seed at Baton Rouge.
borrego29
gibbons3761
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

Hosted and was a 1 seed in 2016 ( regional the Ags won)
This is wrong. A&M hosted a Regional in 2016. Rice was the #2 Seed at Baton Rouge.

We were in Houston in 2017 and won, but it was UofH, not Rice.
Killzone3abc
AG
Today was my last final. I've officially finished college. Anyone need an aerospace engineer?
Charpie
AG
Killzone3abc said:

Today was my last final. I've officially finished college. Anyone need an aerospace engineer?
Congrats!

And no. GOOD LUCK
cs69ag
AG
I know Aggie fans really miss seeing Wayne Graham take 20 min to
walk out from his dugout to the pitcher's mound!
RDV-1992
I hear Boeing could use some good engineers.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I have very bad news for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.