*****Aggies vs. HCU*****

51,608 Views | 960 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by greg.w.h
dabo man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And HSU's RPI improves from #257 to #245.

I don't have the answer, but something is fundamentally flawed in a system where the winner of the game moves down and the loser up.
Charlie 31
AG
dabo man said:

And our reward for beating lowly HCU is dropping from #7 to #9 in the RPI.
https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/rpi-live
The Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Islanders just hurt our RPI by defeating the Texas Longhorns in Austin, 4-1.

At least The Texas A&M University System is doing well on the 40 Acres these days.
Wabs
AG
sip loses to A&M CC 4-1
TXAggie2011
AG
dabo man said:

I don't have the answer, but something is fundamentally flawed in a system where the winner of the game moves down and the loser up.

RPI isn't anything but an average and it's designed to be useful at one point in the season. It's just not worth worrying about in this sense.

If a team couldn't move down if they win, a team behind them that beat someone much better team couldn't move up.
Fquin
AG
I stand corrected. Morton and Peery were the only 2 who really struggled to find the plate. And Peery seems to always be wild.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Wabs said:

sip loses to A&M CC 4-1

And then got to watch the Islanders take a selfie on their field to commemorate the event.

After 10 for Texas spent his at bat trying to mean mug the pitcher over a pitch that got away up and in and then flew out harmlessly to right.
Chrundle the Great
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

dabo man said:

RPI isn't anything but an average and it's designed to be useful at one point in the season. It's just not worth worrying about in this sense.

If a team couldn't move down if they win, a team behind us them that beat someone much better team couldn't move up.

Ding ding ding
you moran
AG
Yeah, we pitched a shutout through 8. Only gave up 3 hits for the game. And only walked 1 until the 9th. That was Morton who also hit 2 batters. Even he settled in, in his second inning of work. Peery's ERA took a hit cause he couldn't find the plate. No base hits in that 9th.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Charlie 31 said:

dabo man said:

And our reward for beating lowly HCU is dropping from #7 to #9 in the RPI.
https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/2024/rpi-live
The Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Islanders just hurt our RPI by defeating the Texas Longhorns in Austin, 4-1.

At least The Texas A&M University System is doing well on the 40 Acres these days.
SIPS ARE ALWAYS OPPRESSING US!!!

SANKEY!!!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Killzone3abc
AG
Luke Jackson is the only guy that pitched today and is probably not on the travel roster at the moment.
jkag89
But we're not traveling anywhere.

(I get what you meant, however)

None of the pitchers used last night threw enough pitches not to be available this weekend. I guess I could check for myself but has Morton pitched at all in our SEC games.
Killzone3abc
AG
I don't believe so. I think he has traveled with them though. We haven't really used that many pitchers in SEC play.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Wabs said:

sip loses to A&M CC 4-1

And then got to watch the Islanders take a selfie on their field to commemorate the event.

After 10 for Texas spent his at bat trying to mean mug the pitcher over a pitch that got away up and in and then flew out harmlessly to right.
I'd like to see that at bat.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It amused me greatly. He was trying to look like such a Billy Badass. I think he was convinced he was gonna go deep and then stare at him while he jogged around the bases.
StinkyPinky
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

It amused me greatly. He was trying to look like such a Billy Badass. I think he was convinced he was gonna go deep and then stare at him while he jogged around the bases.
Gold
greg.w.h
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

Wabs said:

sip loses to A&M CC 4-1

I'd like to see that at bat.
It's on demand in the ESPN app…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.