Who would host an Aggie/Horns Super Regional?

24,405 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Aggies2009
Agdad081216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would love that very much.
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
We just need every Aggie in the world to book every hotel room in Austin.

Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully we've sent out runners to grab up every aluminum bleacher setup in Texas and they start stacking them 5 high all around Bluebell and guarantee every ticket printed.
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HS State tourneys are next week. Most are in Round Rock now, and moved away from Austin for this reason. 4a is still at Disch Falk, but is Wednesday and Thursday so won't interfere. Just throwing that out there for people that claim it will help us.

They will host if we both win. Only a few teams in the county would host over us, and they are one of them. The rest are in the SEC.
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HJack20 said:

Here's the rule:

"If the super regional match-up is between equally seeded teams, the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (i.e., quality and availability of facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one team has submitted a hosting proposal, that team shall host if the hosting proposal is acceptable."

It's subjective, but it sounds like it has more to due with the facilities than the stats of the teams playing.

Additionally:

Quote:

Regarding the super regional tournaments, with the criteria listed in Bylaw 31.1.3, the Division I Baseball Committee also follows the additional criteria below:
1. Super regional competition shall take place at on-campus sites or alternate sites approved by the Division I Baseball Committee.
2. Prospective host institutions must submit a minimum financial guarantee of $35,000, which shall be 75% of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the hosting proposal (online proposed budget). The $35,000 minimum applies to both two-day and three-day super regional competitions.
3. Consideration for hosting shall be given to the higher seed if a suitable hosting proposal has been received (e.g., meets financial guarantee and quality of facility criteria). If the higher seed has not submitted a proposal, the lower seeded team will host if its proposal is acceptable. NCAA PRE-CHAMPIONSHIP MANUAL 21 DIVISION I BASEBALL
4. If the super regional matchup is between equally seeded teams, the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.
5. Lights are highly recommended at all prospective super regional sites. These lights should meet the NCAA standards found by clicking on the "NCAA Broadcast Manual and Policies" link at NCAA.com/media. 6. The committee will consider previous crowd control and behavior of the prospective host institution.
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
milner79 said:

Gigemchicken90 said:

LaGrange

A-haw haw haw haw!
Underrated post!
EVA3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LaGrange has a nice ballpark. Not nearly enough seating but it's really nice.
iisanaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships start Thursday at tu. That, combined with UIL state baseball, should eat up a lot of hotels and greatly increase visitors on the tu campus. Maybe that will be enough to give us a hosting advantage.
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of you holding onto a shred of hope that the Neutered Cow Admiration Association is going to give us a super over Austin……..how long have y'all been alive?

Just strap on the white coat and find a padded room.

And I'll happily revisit this thread and eat all the crow y'all can serve up if I'm wrong. But I won't be.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Posted to the "will we make the tournament" thread…

Warren Nolan has our live RPI @ 24, D1 Baseball has us ranked 25. We just knocked off Stanford, ranked #6 by D1.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/d1baseballcom-top-25

tu RPI is 23. Not ranked in that poll.
I think it's a toss up deciding who hosts the Super, if we both win.

I for one, hope the NCAA doesn't screw us one more time.
tam2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it'll be a Texas and don't think that means we got screwed. Their metrics were slightly better than ours this season and they beat us head to head.

If it comes down to the original bids I would imagine Texas put a really strong one in since they were on the cusp of hosting. Not sure how aggressive of a bid we would have put in.

And no these wouldn't be new bids put in these are what teams have already sent in usually around the end of April/early May
Chapa96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

does Disch-Falk have a higher (permanent) seating capacity?

that might be the answer


Who averaged more fans all season?
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hornbeck said:

Posted to the "will we make the tournament" thread…

Warren Nolan has our live RPI @ 24, D1 Baseball has us ranked 25. We just knocked off Stanford, ranked #6 by D1.
https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/d1baseballcom-top-25

tu RPI is 23. Not ranked in that poll.
I think it's a toss up deciding who hosts the Super, if we both win.

I for one, hope the NCAA doesn't screw us one more time.

None of that matters. The bid is about hotel availability, travel costs (negligible in this case), and the ballpark itself.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chapa96 said:

W said:

does Disch-Falk have a higher (permanent) seating capacity?

that might be the answer


Who averaged more fans all season?



They did because they have higher capacity.
Agdad081216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Plus, we will have heated a higher seed in the Regionals. CSTAT for the win
AG1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reasons A&M should give

1. Better parking situation
2. Natural grass better than turf in the heat
3. The dish sucks. Its an awful stadium
4. Hotels are no issue whatsoever, not even a question

I would offer to split the stadium seats 50-50. That migh away the texas politics, but a series at minute made would be awesome!
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How have so many forgotten who is involved here?
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever they decide, in a just world they should allocate 50% of the tickets for each fan base.
rsf0626
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas won head to head so it would be in Austin
rsf0626
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iisanaggie said:

NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships start Thursday at tu. That, combined with UIL state baseball, should eat up a lot of hotels and greatly increase visitors on the tu campus. Maybe that will be enough to give us a hosting advantage.


This is an important point. Hopefully having two major events already in Austin next week will be enough for us to get the bud.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those two type of events will nowhere near impact the hotels in a major city like Austin.
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought that in a regional upset, the team takes the seeding of the team they upset and the highest seed would host if they had submitted for it.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't effect the selection of Kentucky for Regional hosting and that SUCKED for teams and visitors.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tam2002 said:

I think it'll be a Texas and don't think that means we got screwed. Their metrics were slightly better than ours this season and they beat us head to head.

If it comes down to the original bids I would imagine Texas put a really strong one in since they were on the cusp of hosting. Not sure how aggressive of a bid we would have put in.

And no these wouldn't be new bids put in these are what teams have already sent in usually around the end of April/early May


Yep. Texas would host. And there's no great conspiracy.
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Canyon99 said:

****ty turf field vs God's country. Easy decision, NCAA.

This is absolutely how I would decide.

Did you see that disaster that is Wake Forest's field. Argh. Should be banned.
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
91AggieLawyer said:

I think it would be in Austin as well, but keep in mind that last year East Carolina was given the upper hand (8 seed while t.u. was 9th) even though ECU had a lower (higher number) RPI at the time of the selection.


How is that remotely related?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
News flash: the committee doesn't care about grass vs turf
CapCityAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

News flash: the committee doesn't care about grass vs turf

Not news. That's obvious. I'm simply saying they SHOULD care. Turf fields and especially those in the south are an abomination.
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
94chem said:

91AggieLawyer said:

I think it would be in Austin as well, but keep in mind that last year East Carolina was given the upper hand (8 seed while t.u. was 9th) even though ECU had a lower (higher number) RPI at the time of the selection.


How is that remotely related?
same committee making similar decisions? i think its clear, regardless of whats written, the process is not very transparent.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DF holds 800 more people.
Austin metro area population is 2.3MM
BCS population is ~300T
Sip baseball is Austin's pro baseball team.
Martin Cash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

News flash: the committee doesn't care about grass vs turf
They should. No plastic field should ever host a regional, let alone a super regional.
wisdom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gigemchicken90 said:

LaGrange
At the chicken ranch ?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
75AG said:

DF holds 800 more people.
Austin metro area population is 2.3MM
BCS population is ~300T
Sip baseball is Austin's pro baseball team.


You're not saying anything wrong, but it doesn't change what I said either.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just pointing out WHY they had higher attendance.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.