Who would host an Aggie/Horns Super Regional?

24,571 Views | 194 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Aggies2009
AGDAD14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

committee chairman is from the SEC...for what that's worth

Well, if the SEC ends up hosting several super regionals, the committee chair, at Sankey's direction, will not hesitate to offer up a sacrificial Aggie for Saban's and Kiffin's enjoyment.

Life is just better when Ags BTHO tu, Sankey, Saban, and Kiffin… on the field or off the field!
dermdoc
AG
I think the biggest factor is that the NCAA does not want another SEC super.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FloridaAg77
Yeah, Sankey is worthless to us
aginlakeway
AG
dermdoc said:

Yep.
75AG
AG
aginlakeway said:

dermdoc said:

Yep.
agree. And why both UK and Auburn got one is baffling
dermdoc
AG
But let's win tonight first.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halfastros81
AG
I know this is a hypothetical topic but counting chickens before they hatch is not recommended. Granted , 2-0 Regional teams do win their Regional at an 81% clip.

The best outcome would be we win our next game and the Ragin Cajuns win the Coral Gables regional
SABUILDERAG
I'll be honest. I hope our Super Regional isnt at Olsen or the Disch. I hope it is in Coral Gables.

I am not afraid of playing sip, I just want them to lose as soon as possible.
aginlakeway
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

I'll be honest. I hope our Super Regional isnt at Olsen or the Disch. I hope it is in Coral Gables.

I am not afraid of playing sip, I just want them to lose as soon as possible.

So what was "This is so Aggie of us" last night?
RED AG 98
AG
Agree. We've played and beaten better all year but I think CG is the easier route to the goal of Omaha. Add the extra emotions of the tu series and that thing gets complicated real quick.
aginlakeway
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Agree. We've played and beaten better all year but I think CG is the easier route to the goal of Omaha. Add the extra emotions of the tu series and that thing gets complicated real quick.

IDK. I think Texas is very beatable in a 3-game series this year.
FloridaAg77
dermdoc said:

But let's win tonight first.

If we lost today and tomorrow, I'd put my sausage in a meat grinder
Aggiewife64
Come on ragin Cajun!
Beat Miami and Texas
So we can put this thread to bed
halfastros81
AG
Unfortunately the Cajuns ship has sailed away.
75AG
AG
Do we pull for sip now?
FloridaAg77
Why?

So We can BTHOtu?

Then I guess so brother!!
75AG
AG
Yeah, I vomited in my mouth as I wrote that. Guess I'm thinking we might have a small, teensy, tiny chance at hosting….
aginlakeway
AG
75AG said:

Do we pull for sip now?

Who do you think we can beat 2 of 3?

At Miami or at Texas?
75AG
AG
Not sure. You?
aginlakeway
AG
75AG said:

Not sure. You?

No idea. I think we can win either. Miami will have less of a home field advantage. IMO.
75AG
AG
Good point. Of course there will be many fewer Ags in Coral Gables than the Lakeway suburb.
FloridaAg77
Austin hosts then many Ags will travel to that. Not to mention all the Aggies living in greater Austin
TAMU1990
AG
RED AG 98 said:

I think tu would host for two non-conspiracy reasons:

1. tu was co-champs of the B12. Yes the B12 sucks but we know this matters to committees way more than it should
2. Disch seats more. Yes it is a dump and fake turf is an abomination, but more seats means more revenue in the bid.

ETA two things:
3. No baseball in neutered MLB stadiums. No. No. No.
4. I'd be 100% ok with Bjork doing whatever necessary to increase our bid to outbid those bastages. But I'm also fairly certain that bids are due prior to even Regionals being announced so I don't think either of us were aware of the matchup ahead of time.
I believe you had to submit those bids before play started. I hope it was a significant one.
aginlakeway
AG
75AG said:

Good point. Of course there will be many fewer Ags in Coral Gables than the Lakeway suburb.
monarch
S
Minute Maid Park...We will guarantee the sellout.
Peace for Ukraine!
Ag13
AG
monarch said:

Minute Maid Park...We will guarantee the sellout.
No matter how many times it is brought up on TexAgs, or how good of an idea it may seem to be, it's not happening.

And a sell out is far from guaranteed. 5 days notice to plan and promote an event in a major league size stadium? Come on. Was at the Louisville/A&M game for Minute Maid Classic. Attendance was 10,704 per box score but it was far less than that for actual butts in seats. Even the world champion Astros don't sell out Minute Maid Park for every game. I love college baseball and would be at every game at MMP, but the idea that there are 20,000+ Aggies and Longhorns ready to go to a Super Regional at Minute Maid Park is just not realistic. If it was both Olsen and Disch Falk would be quite a bit larger.

Also I would rather host it at Olsen Field 10/10 times. It seems the MMP suggestion is just a way to avoid the possibility of playing in Austin.
Agryan00
Why are you guys expecting the NCAA to make a decision? They already punted to Congress on NIL.
Ag13
AG
Agryan00 said:

Why are you guys expecting the NCAA to make a decision? They already punted to Congress on NIL.
The NCAA are literally the ones making a decision for the NCAA Tournament.
swimmerbabe11
also, there's just no reason for it. both teams have perfectly good facilities and a history of hosting

stop saying fetch.
S.A. Aggie
AG
moag94 said:

Curious how the deternination would be made....

$money$
Wrecking Crew 21
If it's fair The Ags will be hosting! But we know it's not!
Hornbeck
I will not "pull" for the Whorns in any, shape, form, or idea. I want cocaine&hookers U to crush them twice, bigly.
aginlakeway
AG
Hornbeck said:

I will not "pull" for the Whorns in any, shape, form, or idea. I want cocaine&hookers U to crush them twice, bigly.

You don't want Texas to win if it would benefit Aggies if Texas wins?
fightintxag13
AG
Ag13 said:

It seems the MMP suggestion is just a way to avoid the possibility of playing in Austin.

That's why I suggested the MMP scenario. I don't want to play in Austin if we don't have to. Not that I'm scared. I just don't want to listen to a vast majority crowd of their fans. I also don't want to see that much **** Orange on my tv. It stings my eyes.

I also don't want us to play on a turf field. It's sacrilegious.

Again, I know it's exactly a 0.000000% chance of happening.
91AggieLawyer
AG
94chem said:

91AggieLawyer said:

I think it would be in Austin as well, but keep in mind that last year East Carolina was given the upper hand (8 seed while t.u. was 9th) even though ECU had a lower (higher number) RPI at the time of the selection.

How is that remotely related?

Everyone keeps saying that any benefit of any doubt always goes to t.u. Last year, it didn't.

ECU isn't LSU or Florida State.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.