*****Aggies vs. Ole Miss - Saturday*****

74,359 Views | 1064 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by WC87
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
powerbelly said:

Aggies2009 said:

Well, the good news is we outhit them and put some solid bats on balls.

The bad news is pitching had one of their bad games that seem to be happening far more often.

Even with our struggles we are hitting enough to win. Pitching is letting the team down.
Yep. And more and more guys are heating up.

Just need a few pitchers to get it together and our record will be better. That's a big wish though.
Strike One
Instead of disparaging an "average" performance by our team this season and expecting a top, competitive shot at a regional, we better start rallying behind this team to achieve a mediocre "average" season in the neighborhood of a .500 win-loss record. With very few if any options on the mound for starters and only a couple of average to above average relief guys, it's virtually certain that we're going to be giving up at least 7-8 runs per game from here on out in SEC play. And, unless Schloss manages to shake Werner, Targac and several others out of their sleepwalking at the plate with runners on base, we are simply put, in bad shape.
Wabs
AG
Just throw strikes tomorrow. Make them beat us instead of beating ourselves. If they hit it they hit it. I'd rather get beat that way than handing it to them on a silver platter.
W
AG
assuming Aschenbeck and Johnston are available tomorrow for multiple innings, I think the current lineup is fine to win the series finale.

then possibly reevaluate the bottom half / bottom third for the Auburn series -- which features another bandbox stadium

Strike One

Quote:

W: Assuming Aschenbeck and Johnston are available tomorrow for multiple innings, I think the current lineup is fine to win the series finale.

then possibly reevaluate the bottom half / bottom third for the Auburn series -- which features another bandbox stadium
You may be right but I just don't see us consistently scoring enough runs with all the K's or easy outs from 3-4 of our guys in the middle of the line-up which is killing rallies. Maybe Brett can catch on fire enough to get us through the collective slumps of some of our other guys but how many innings can Aschenbeck and Johnson realistically hope to keep the other team's scoring down?
TAMU1990
AG
jkag89 said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Aggie1188 said:

Aggies2009 said:

#1AG777 said:

Just not a good team this year. I am really questioning our pitching coach this year as well. And I'm starting to wonder if we just got really lucky last year. Regression to the Aggie mean is just getting too painful…

Remember when Sumlin went 11-2 and beat Bama and we all thought he was our savior? Hope this isn't the same thing happening.
lol. If you recruit poorly, what happens will be the result of it.

What happens if you recruit the best class ever? Guaranteed victory right?
It what happens when you have to replenish a team by hitting the portal. The frosh that are getting a ton of playing time are going to struggle.
I'm excited to see what Kaufer and Laviolette can develop into in a year or two.
As well as Sdao, Lamkin and Wells.

Quite frankly if the upper class pitchers, particularly those we got through the portal pitched as well as advertised Sdao and Lamkin would not be forced into tough roles this early.
And Kent. I'd say this freshman class has a good solid core of players
Aggies2009
AG
W said:

assuming Aschenbeck and Johnston are available tomorrow for multiple innings, I think the current lineup is fine to win the series finale.

Didn't WJ throw like 48 pitches last night? I doubt he goes TOO much.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I just got in for the night. Disappointing loss. Gotta do better tomorrow.
W
AG
and that's going to be a problem.

there's really no one else to pitch the 8th and 9th innings
aginlakeway
AG
"I knew it was foul," Haas said. "I was a little surprised he called it fair. I was just ready to hit after that because I knew I was going to get called back in."
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
phatty26
Last year we gave up 19 in game to ole miss but came back to win the series.
jkag89
TAMU1990 said:

jkag89 said:

Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

Marooned_n_Aggieland said:

Aggie1188 said:

Aggies2009 said:

#1AG777 said:

Just not a good team this year. I am really questioning our pitching coach this year as well. And I'm starting to wonder if we just got really lucky last year. Regression to the Aggie mean is just getting too painful…

Remember when Sumlin went 11-2 and beat Bama and we all thought he was our savior? Hope this isn't the same thing happening.
lol. If you recruit poorly, what happens will be the result of it.

What happens if you recruit the best class ever? Guaranteed victory right?
It what happens when you have to replenish a team by hitting the portal. The frosh that are getting a ton of playing time are going to struggle.
I'm excited to see what Kaufer and Laviolette can develop into in a year or two.
As well as Sdao, Lamkin and Wells.

Quite frankly if the upper class pitchers, particularly those we got through the portal pitched as well as advertised Sdao and Lamkin would not be forced into tough roles this early.
And Kent. I'd say this freshman class has a good solid core of players
D'oh, How did I forget about Kent. Very impressed by him.
RED AG 98
AG
Schloss was absolutely ticked in the postgame, mostly about pitching it seemed. He's usually pretty direct but I've not heard him upset like that before. Sounded like if you walk someone tomorrow you're getting the hook.
Capitol Ag
AG
#1AG777 said:

This staff walked into a pretty bare dugout last season and had to target transfers just to field a team. And they did a great job so credit their ability to throw together a team in very short order that made it to Omaha and on top of it made some noise there.

The bulk of the production and leadership from that team is gone as they were upperclassmen with one year left when they arrived here in most cases. It year 2 and what you are seeing is the more normal rebuilding process a new staff can go through as they only wanted to rely on transfers for 1 year. Still need the bulk of your rebuild to be freshmen/longer term transfers. Guys you know will be here 2-4 years. This is nothing to panic about nor should you be drawing conclusions on this coach based off this season so far. One that could still turn on a dime as well. This staff is recruiting lights out and there is talent on this team right now but they are young. It takes time. You take your lumps this year and hope they figure something out that gets it turned around this season and if not you know that they are building for the future and given how last year went, if you combine this staff with experienced players, look out.
WC87
AG
Was harsh and incorrect on my comments regarding Werner. Apologies to him and to all on the thread. As always appreciate the efforts of those who do PBP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.