*****Aggies vs. Florida - SEC Tournament Thursday*****

80,986 Views | 1001 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by trouble
ligma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I remember the Astros played a game there a couple years back and it was a fine venue for a short period
RoadkillBBQ
KidDoc said:

Alabama vs Arky just starting. Our game is supposed to be 30 minutes after that one ends.
This is what happens when kids play doctor
aggiegrad03
AG
Pretty much my reaction to every thread on TA
Divining Rod
yes, i'm sure they would pick it up in the 2nd round- Arkansas eliminated already.

Remaining teams are

Bama

FL /A&M

Vandy/TN

LSU/UK

So we'd only need 5 games played, then a championship
94chem
Sea Pony 07 said:

AgEng06 said:

dabo man said:

Don't know why, but I'm feeling good about Bama in this one.

I'm going with a 4-3 final.

I'd like to place a 1000 dollar bet on that outcome.
Confucius say: Sometimes one must go to past to know what future hold.
fightintxag13
AG
dabo man
AG
The Sun Belt has announced that they are switching from double to single elimination, so watch out Arky...
(I'd still very much prefer that the SEC double-elimination, FTR)

Sun Belt Conference shifts 2022 baseball tournament to single elimination due to weather
https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2022/05/25/sun-belt-conference-shifts-baseball-tournament-single-elimination/9934861002/
VegasAg86
AG
Have they given a start time for our game yet?
The Collective
AG
KidDoc said:

Alabama vs Arky just starting. Our game is supposed to be 30 minutes after that one ends.

Rec
AggieBB
AG
VegasAg86 said:

30 minutes after this Arky/Bama game ends
AgEng06
AG
AggieBB said:

VegasAg86 said:

30 minutes after this Arky/Bama game ends

Now you've done it
AggieBB
AG
LOLOLOL
dabo man
AG
There is actually baseball being played right now.

At the ACC tournament #27 (RPI) GA Tech and #10 Louisville are playing, and GA Tech just went up 3-0 in the top of the 3rd.

EDIT - Baylor/OK State are also playing on ESPN+.
milner79

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Good point and with auto-qualifiers I guess we have to finish Sunday no matter what. Good catch.

I just feel confident they will do everything they can to not switch to a single elimination. If they are going to do that I would like Schloss to know that before our game for sure.
A-A Ron
Speaking of the ACC tournament, the schedule is a little weird with the 3 games a day. Some teams Pitt, Lousville, FSU, NC State, Virginia Tech, ND play back to back days, Virginia, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech each play with a day in between and finally Wake Forest and UNC have 2 days between. I understand it is what it is but there also isn't rhyme or reason as to who gets days off and who doesn't. I would think your higher ranked teams (1-4) should get the benefit of extra days off. But unfortunately no tournament schedule is perfect and fair for everyone you just have to play the games. Similar to the SEC tournament Semis being single elimination again where the team that won can still be eliminated before the final due to one off game where there other team had a chance to save their tournament. I get the theory of winning team will have used less pitchers and should be fresher than team from losers bracket but I've seen it often the Losers bracket team wins and goes the the final.

Pools:
POOL A #1 Virginia Tech, #8 North Carolina, #12 Clemson
POOL B #2 Louisville, #7 Georgia Tech, #11 Pitt
POOL C #3 Miami, #6 Wake Forest, #10 NC State
POOL D #4 Notre Dame, #5 Virginia, #9 Florida State
SA-AG72
AG
UTSA defeated FAU in the first round of Conference USA tournament.
Aggie related - Dylan Rock's former team.
annie88
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

FunkyTownAg said:

The rangers are letting the big 12 do it

Synthetic grass
Hey! It identifies as grass.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Sq 17
And a possible 4 seed for the CS regional
How good is their Friday night starter ?
Dr Lane Trowlan
SA-AG72 said:

You do know what that U & T stand for, right?
swimmerbabe11
have they predicted a new start time?
themissinglink
AG
Ugh

hunter2012
AG
dabo man
AG
There was no lightning last night after 10 PM. There was steady light rain, but the rainfall rates were under .1" per hour. I think we could have played last night.
Wicked Good Ag
Aaron4885 said:

Speaking of the ACC tournament, the schedule is a little weird with the 3 games a day. Some teams Pitt, Lousville, FSU, NC State, Virginia Tech, ND play back to back days, Virginia, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech each play with a day in between and finally Wake Forest and UNC have 2 days between. I understand it is what it is but there also isn't rhyme or reason as to who gets days off and who doesn't. I would think your higher ranked teams (1-4) should get the benefit of extra days off. But unfortunately no tournament schedule is perfect and fair for everyone you just have to play the games. Similar to the SEC tournament Semis being single elimination again where the team that won can still be eliminated before the final due to one off game where there other team had a chance to save their tournament. I get the theory of winning team will have used less pitchers and should be fresher than team from losers bracket but I've seen it often the Losers bracket team wins and goes the the final.

Pools:
POOL A #1 Virginia Tech, #8 North Carolina, #12 Clemson
POOL B #2 Louisville, #7 Georgia Tech, #11 Pitt
POOL C #3 Miami, #6 Wake Forest, #10 NC State
POOL D #4 Notre Dame, #5 Virginia, #9 Florida State
The schedule is the best system for a large tourney

Only issue is that certain games have nothing going for it occassionally

The GA Tech Louisville games has nothing to do with outcome of tourney as Pitt had alrready advanced but it gives each teams at least two games and no more than four to win the tourney
It also allows teams to decide who to pitch based upon how important the actual tourney is to them

Louisville gets to use this game to either set their regional schedule and or get players/ pitchers time while resting the starters so to speak if they so choose
A-A Ron
A question I am not sure has been asked yet: (no its not about minute maid park lol): With the schedule getting more and more condensed with each passing hour of delay, as we all know our standard game length for us has been around 4 hours which is what our players and team are accustom to with how they approach hitting, pitching etc. Will the SEC tell the umpires to harp on "pace of play" more which in turn might force our guys into a more hurried approach and force us out of our element to try to get game times down to fit more games in?
Eike Mlko
If they're gonna do that then set the pitch clock at :15 and make it effect every team the rest of the tourney not just us
swimmerbabe11
TCU going to start their afternoon game before ags at this point.
OnlyForNow
AG
IF there is a better meme for something, I've never seen it.
The Collective
AG
Insert Ian Malcolm meme stating, "uhhh, you do plan on having baseball games at your baseball tournament, yes? Hello?"
SA-AG72
AG
Dr Lane Trowlan said:

SA-AG72 said:

You do know what that U & T stand for, right?
I know I worked for UTSA for 11 years and UTHSC-SA for 20 years. What your point?
ligma
CardiffGiant
AG
Aggie12B
AG
Assuming our game actually ever happens, are we the home team or the visitors?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.