*****Aggies vs. Florida - SEC Tournament Thursday*****

80,379 Views | 1001 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by trouble
AverageJones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Basketball and Chain
AG
Selection show is Monday at Noon ET, so this has to be wrapped up Sunday.
Bunk Moreland
I've said it in year's past but I'd try to work out a deal with MGM Park in Biloxi. If there's a rain delay at least the Beau Rivage is across the street.
07ag
AG
2-3 games today, 4-5 games tomorrow, 2 games saturday, champ on sunday seems doable. might have to start at 8am tomorrow though
https://ts.la/eric59704
Basketball and Chain
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I've said it in year's past but I'd try to work out a deal with MGM Park in Biloxi. If there's a rain delay at least the Beau Rivage is across the street.

Hopefully more cities get involved when the open bid process comes up again this summer. Hoover wasn't really challenged in 2016.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Let's do it!

BTHO RAIN DELAYS.
BTHO THIS UNPREDICTABLE SCHEDULE.
BTHO FLORIDA.
twk
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Why not play at Truist park? I know it's not covered but there always seems to be weather issues in Hoover. Plus the football game is always in Atlanta.
I don't think MLB will permit teams with natural grass fields to host a college tournament during the MLB season. They were not happy with the state of the field after the 2004 Big XII tournament in Arlington.
trouble
AG
Maybe if enough of us post this, someone will read it
Bondag
AG
Astrodome is available.
twk
AG
trouble said:

Nah. This is Texags. Impossible or impractical solutions are how we roll.
Eike Mlko
Looks like rain until 1pm
aginlakeway
AG
Basketball and Chain said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Hopefully more cities get involved when the open bid process comes up again this summer. Hoover wasn't really challenged in 2016.

I thought Nashville was very aggressive in their bid to get it. I think Hoover promised $75 million in improvements to keep it.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
trouble
AG
twk said:

trouble said:

Nah. This is Texags. Impossible or impractical solutions are how we roll.

Amen, brother
trouble
AG
Thank you for volunteering to evict the rats
Bondag
AG
trouble said:

Thank you for volunteering to evict the rats
Is that what we call the Katrina refugees squatting there?
Aggie12B
AG
All these weather delays are REALLY screwing my game day ritual of events timeline up.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Why not Grayson in Savanah?
powerbelly
texaswhiskeyco
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Has anyone mentioned Minute Maid as a solution to the weather problem?
trouble
AG
Just the pets they left behind
ensign_beedrill
AG
twk said:

ClassOf17 said:

Why not play at Truist park? I know it's not covered but there always seems to be weather issues in Hoover. Plus the football game is always in Atlanta.
I don't think MLB will permit teams with natural grass fields to host a college tournament during the MLB season. They were not happy with the state of the field after the 2004 Big XII tournament in Arlington.
Ooooh that was long enough ago that maybe they've forgotten!

You ever go to a restaurant and think, "Yeah, I don't need to go back there." Then years later you kind of forget why you thought that and you go back and get reminded?
BenFiasco14
AG
Wonder how smart they're feeling not playing it last night now
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Agmechanic
AG
Minute Maid is open till June 6
Trop Field (Rays) is open till the 2nd

holy crap I cant keep my MLB teams straight. 3rd Edit.
a gmechanic 01@gma i l (no spaces)
dabo man
AG
So, here I am chiming in again with my Meteorology Degree, but all of you suggesting other outdoor venues. You do know that it's no less (or no more) likely to rain in Montgomery, Nashville, Atlanta, etc than in Hoover, right?!? May is a rainy month throughout the South.

The only practical solutions (to me) are to:

1. Stop scheduling 4 games in a day. I think that the ACC has done well with a 12 team tournament schedule, BTW.
https://theacc.com/news/2022/5/22/schedule-set-for-2022-acc-baseball-championship.aspx

2. Move the tournament to an indoor venue with an artificial surface. No MLB team is going to let a bunch of amateur players trash their natural grass surface. The only one of those available in the SEC footprint is Tropicana Field in St. Pete.

I've posted that they should convert the Superdome into a baseball venue for this tournament, but that's largely because I like NOLA so much. It would be a hell of a lot closer to B/CS than the Trop though.

TexAg1987
Bondag said:

Astrodome is available.
I think most of the seats have been removed from the dome. I know the astroturf is gone.
KidDoc
AG
dabo man said:

So, here I am chiming in again with my Meteorology Degree, but all of you suggesting other outdoor venues. You do know that it's no less (or no more) likely to rain in Montgomery, Nashville, Atlanta, etc than in Hoover, right?!? May is a rainy month throughout the South.

1. Stop scheduling 4 games in a day. I think that the ACC has done well with a 12 team tournament schedule, BTW.
https://theacc.com/news/2022/5/22/schedule-set-for-2022-acc-baseball-championship.aspx

2. Move the tournament to an indoor venue with an artificial surface. No MLB team is going to let a bunch of amateur players trash their natural grass surface. The only one of those available in the SEC footprint is Tropicana Field in St. Pete.

I've posted that they should convert the Superdome into a baseball venue for this tournament, but that's largely because I like NOLA so much. It would be a hell of a lot closer to B/CS than the Trop though.

I like the idea of St Pete! That is a great place to visit and a good excuse to head out there to watch Aggie baseball!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
dabo man said:

Once tu and OU are in the SEC we should look at Globe Life in Dallas.
Agmechanic
AG
B12 tourney is there right now
powerbelly
AG
Agmechanic said:

B12 tourney is there right now
I know that, but will it remain there without tu and OU?
12th Man Ag
trouble
AG
Got a little story about just how obsessed with Aggie baseball my boys are.

Max is starting to potty train and we have this book about "even (insert profession) go to the potty". One of the pages is an umpire waiting because the batter needs the potty. "Even baseball players go to the potty"

To which Max yells "EVEN TROY CLAUNCH GOES TO THE POTTY! EVEN RYAN TARGOTCHA GOES TO THE POTTY!"
Agmechanic
AG
loan Depot park is Turf and domed
dabo man
AG
My hope once we're a 16 team conference is that we'll adopt a 4 pods of 4 teams configuration and send 12 of our 16 teams (3 from each pod) to the conference tournament.

The ACC has done this pod scheduling, and they have 3 games scheduled per day.

Also, every team goes into that tournament knowing they will play at least 2 games. As the SEC scheduling stands now, I would never make a road trip to the tournament unless A&M was a top 4 seed in it.
dabo man
AG
Quote:

loan Depot park is Turf and domed

You are absolutely correct. I completely forgot that even existed!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.