Schloss

27,730 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jkag89
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He needs his own thread. Here's his record pre 2021 Regional Tournament. Apologies for the crappy formatting.

SCHLOSSNAGLE
Head coaching record
Table of Schlossnagle's yearly records as a collegiate head baseball coach.

UNLV Rebels (Mountain West Conference) (20022003)
Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
2002 UNLV 30-30 13-17 5th
2003 UNLV 47-17 24-6 1st NCAA Regionals

UNLV: 7747 (.621) 3723 (.617)

TCU Horned Frogs (Conference USA) (20042005)
2004 TCU 39-26 19-11 T4th NCAA Regionals
2005 TCU 41-20 20-10 T2nd NCAA Regionals

TCU Horned Frogs (Mountain West Conference) (20062012)
2006 TCU 39-23 17-5 1st NCAA Regionals
2007 TCU 48-14 20-3 1st NCAA Regionals
2008 TCU 44-19 19-5 1st NCAA Regionals
2009 TCU 40-18 15-5 1st NCAA Super Regionals
2010 TCU 54-14 19-5 1st College World Series
2011 TCU 43-19 20-3 1st NCAA Regionals
2012 TCU 40-22 18-6 T1st NCAA Super Regionals

TCU Horned Frogs (Big 12 Conference) (2013present)
2013 TCU 29-28 12-12 T6th
2014 TCU 48-18 17-7 2nd College World Series
2015 TCU 51-15 18-5 1st College World Series
2016 TCU 49-18 15-9 3rd College World Series
2017 TCU 50-18 16-8 T-1st College World Series
2018 TCU 33-23 10-13 6th
2019 TCU 34-28 11-13 T-6th NCAA Regionals
2020 TCU 11-4 00 Season canceled due to COVID-19
2021 TCU 39-17 17-7 T- 1st, B12 Tourney Champs

TCU: 732-344 (.680) 272-114 (.705)

Total: 809-391 (.674)

GoodAg21
Thanks for starting this. Vitello has his thread time for this one to happen.
GoodAg21
I kinda hope they make it out of the regional so we won't have to hear the complaining but wouldn't mind if we know soon due to them dropping. I personally think they win today and it's a tossup for that regional championship.
LOYAL AG
AG
Pretty much nobody has the pitching depth to win a regional from the losers bracket. If TCU wins today then tonight and tomorrow become slugfests and I wouldn't want to have to win one of those with DBU. Their weakness has always been pitching depth but they can always hit.

As for A&M and Schloss I'd just as soon get it done if that's the outcome. On some level every TCU win makes it a little harder for him to leave so an upset in the first weekend just moves things along.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
KBAGOLFER
Thank You for the copy and paste
twk
AG
Google translate tells me that "schloss" is German for lock.
GoodAg21
Uh oh frogs
Coby
AG
And we are now on the clock...
twk
AG
Bjork is in the clock. If we don't hear something in 24 hours, I will be a little surprised.
91AggieLawyer
AG
2009-2017 is very Florida State-esque. That would be good for us or anyone. However, 2018 on is very concerning.

There may be a good explanation, but I would want to hear it before I would want to commit to this guy.
twk
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

2009-2017 is very Florida State-esque. That would be good for us or anyone. However, 2018 on is very concerning.

There may be a good explanation, but I would want to hear it before I would want to commit to this guy.
My explanation: (1) it's natural to have a dropoff, at some point, after four Omaha trips in a row; (2) Schloss was distracted by the Mississippi State opening (which came up during the season) and the breakup of his marriage (which apparently started around that time).
Coby
AG
I heard commentators say during one of their games this weekend that they had 4 "quality" pitchers out injured this season. I have no idea how true this is, but I'm preparing to choose to believe it!
D_Wag97
AG
Wouldn't we want him to complete interviews (if he hasn't already) or do you offer Schloss now because he's high on the list?
twk
AG
D_Wag97 said:

Wouldn't we want him to complete interviews (if he hasn't already) or do you offer Schloss now because he's high on the list?
If you believe the Craig Way report, Bjork talked to him last week in OKC. If he needs to talk face to face, they can do that tonight or tomorrow. We aren't going to have five or six guys sit down for interviews. A face to face would be the last step in the process after you identify your target.
BQ_90
AG
The meltdown on premium is much better than here
Spyderman
AG
This deal has been in works for quite sometime IMO...yrs perhaps?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Aggiehunt
AG
BQ_90 said:

It really is. Lots of folks that are acting like they'll be super disappointed if we hire Schloss. I personally would rather have Vitello but Schloss would be a homerun hire as well.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Who's the consensus pick on Premium - Vitello? There's way more baseball insight on this forum than on Premium btw.
nereus
AG
Yeah, it really is a spoils of riches with how many good candidates we are looking at. Regardless if it is actually Schloss or not, I think I am going to be happy with this hire.
twk
AG
I was probably one of the first to mention Vitello as a candidate, mainly because I figured we were not getting Tadlock or Schlossnagle. While if I could wave a magic wand, I would make Vitello the coach, it's really tough to make a good argument aginst Schlossnagle. About the best you can do is question his personality. I can understand why Bjork would opt for the safe choice, especially since UT appears to be doing everything they need to do to keep Vitello. As long as Vitello stays at UT, I'll be perfectly satisfied with Schlossnagle. My nagging concern is that Vitello ends up in our division someday (Arkansas being a likely landing spot if Vitello leaves UT), and is still competing against us 20 years from now.
Mark Fairchild
AG
When I want to know something about Baseball, the only forum that I frequent in earnest is this one. A lot of talk about things that fill the summer lull appears on Premium at this particular time. Serious discussion and knowledge is here. That is all.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Serious Lee
from tcu board

Quote:

FWIW. First guy showered and leaving the stadium was JS. Before any players and at least 20 minutes before KS. Do whatever you want with that.
Coby
AG
Lol. I wonder what his normal routine is/was.
ftworthag02
AG
He's going home to his new woman
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggiehunt said:

BQ_90 said:

It really is. Lots of folks that are acting like they'll be super disappointed if we hire Schloss. I personally would rather have Vitello but Schloss would be a homerun hire as well.
I remember a lot of people acting like they didn't want Jimbo too. I think part of it is they think we can't get him so might as well act like we don't really want them anyway. Schloss is a top of the line coach and if we actually do get him there will be a lot fewer people acting like they don't want him.
W
AG
when you think about it...

Horton to Oregon is the one glaring example of a multiple-CWS coach that was hired away...and then never got his new program to Omaha.

but just about all the others...Augie, Van Horn, Andy Lopez (to an extent)...the new coach kept going to Omaha with his new program
tcufaninpeace
Horton also was starting a new program from scratch. That comparison isn't exactly apples to apples.
GoodAg21
I'd assume if schloss is the guy then RB would wanna make it official and close the deal asap so hopefully we start seeing signs and rumblings real soon. exciting stuff. close the deal RB!
nereus
AG
The other big difference with Horton is he lived his entire life pretty much in Southern California. Born, high school, college playing career. Then Assistant coach at local community colleges before becoming assistant coach at Cal State Fullerton. And he took over a program that was already very successful.

In some ways he might have been a bad fit for what Oregon needed. He really had no experience building a program. All his recruiting experience was convincing local kids to play baseball locally. At Oregon, he had to recruit a bunch of out of state kids to come to Oregon. It can be done (a bunch of coaches in other sports have been very successful at Oregon doing exactly that), but it is very different than what he did before.

One other thing is Oregon can be a bit of a shock to some weather wise. Some people get depressed there. I lived up there for a couple years and enjoyed it, but I know a number of other people that just got home sick being there with so many drizzly, cloudy days. I have no idea if that was the case for him or not but living your entire life in Southern California and then moving to Oregon might not have been a good fit for him personally too.
W
AG
so if we exclude Horton's Oregon experience due to special circumstances...

then hiring Schloss is a no-brainer.

every multiple-CWS coach that went elsewhere continued to have Omaha-level success at his next school
hunter2012
AG
GoodAg21
Nuggets!
Mark Fairchild
AG
I am ready to get "Get This Party Started"!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
GoodAg21
agreed. Need something now!
tcufaninpeace
STCLaggie21 said:

agreed. Need something now!
Patience...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.