Schloss

27,731 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jkag89
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

We don't have a green monster, we have a batters eye.

when you had to clear it to be a homerun it was called green monster
Jarrin' Jay
AG
85AustinAg said:

How does the see through outfield wall improve improve the stadium or atmosphere? Do you pay to enter these areas and then watch the game through the fence?

How does having fans in the outfield improve the atmosphere? You obviously have no experience with Aggie Alley back in the day, or currently many SEC stadiums. Huge difference in atmosphere having an outfield fan presence, especially students, with a tailgate atmosphere.

If elevated you wouldn't need the see through fence, but I don't think we have enough room to build a berm and elevate it, which is why I recommended the fence, similar to what tcu has in right field.

For A&M regular season it doesn't matter to me if it is paid attendance and "inside" the stadium or not. For post-season per NCAA it has to be paid attendance and inside the stadium to sell tickets there.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
BQ_90 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

We don't have a green monster, we have a batters eye.

when you had to clear it to be a homerun it was called green monster

Got it. Understood.
dermdoc
AG
At some point people are going to realize that places like Aggie alley are not coming back.

I wish they could but they won't.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
dermdoc said:

At some point people are going to realize that places like Aggie alley are not coming back.

Why, when Pig, both MS schools, Bama, to name a few, all have them?

Unless you mean Aggie Alley back in the day, unpaid, bring a keg of beer and sit in the back of your pickup truck, etc.
BQ_90
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

85AustinAg said:

How does the see through outfield wall improve improve the stadium or atmosphere? Do you pay to enter these areas and then watch the game through the fence?

How does having fans in the outfield improve the atmosphere? You obviously have no experience with Aggie Alley back in the day, or currently many SEC stadiums. Huge difference in atmosphere having an outfield fan presence, especially students, with a tailgate atmosphere.

If elevated you wouldn't need the see through fence, but I don't think we have enough room to build a berm and elevate it, which is why I recommended the fence, similar to what tcu has in right field.

For A&M regular season it doesn't matter to me if it is paid attendance and "inside" the stadium or not. For post-season per NCAA it has to be paid attendance and inside the stadium to sell tickets there.
so we need to have bunch of people in the outfield, eating and drinking and from the looks of it, not having one damn clue that a baseball game is going on.
PhatMack19
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

85AustinAg said:

Right field at Ole Miss is pretty great

dermdoc
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

dermdoc said:

Unless you mean Aggie Alley back in the day, unpaid, bring a keg of beer and sit in the back of your pickup truck, etc.
Was talking about Aggie Alley back in the day.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
dermdoc said:

It doesn't have to be an Aggie Alley clone, but why can't we have something fun in the OF?

I know I don't need to show you because you've been to most(all?) of these.

MSU's new left field lounge.

Arky's Hog Pen (not my favorite)

Ole Miss Student Section

twk
AG
When they did the focus groups back in 2017, their plans included something like the new left field lounge boxes, though not as many. Evidently, space is limited in that direction because a fire lane is required for the Rec Center. I think something will get done in the outfield. The scope of the work depends on raising some money for the project, which will also include replacing the 3rd base berm with armchair seating.
Farmer1906
AG
Yeah, I didn't love those little grills they put in the survey, but that's basically what I am talking about. Sell beer. Make room for standing. Maybe a few tables. Give us some seats. Make it right on top of the field. I wouldn't be mad at a little shade either.
twk
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah, I didn't love those little grills they put in the survey, but that's basically what I am talking about. Sell beer. Make room for standing. Maybe a few tables. Give us some seats. Make it right on top of the field. I wouldn't be mad at a little shade either.
My thinking is bleachers in right, and shaded party decks in left, all joined to a concourse that surrounds the park and makes it walkable for 360 degrees. Concessions and restrooms would be included in a structure behind the batters eye (along with a garage for the grounds crew).
Farmer1906
AG
twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

My thinking is bleachers in right, and shaded party decks in left, all joined to a concourse that surrounds the park and makes it walkable for 360 degrees. Concessions and restrooms would be included in a structure behind the batters eye (along with a garage for the grounds crew).
Perfect. We need to keep the "party" area away from the playground and berm in RF. Even thought it would be nice to have by the visitor's bullpen.
vander54
S
twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

That would be awesome
ftworthag02
AG
85AustinAg
AG
No, you are correct. No experience with Aggie Alley. Saw it, know what it was but I went to the ball game to watch baseball so I sat in the stands. Having a beer would have been nice back then but other than that I'd rather sit in the park.
wilhunting
AG
Aggie alley was packed back in the day and good grief remove the berms

dermdoc
AG
I am all for it. And all for some outfield fun.

My point is that there will not be an Aggie Alley like it was. Or left field lounge at Dudy Noble like it was.

Agree with you on the hog pen.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

Dermdeck
Farmer1906
AG
dermdoc said:

twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

Dermdeck
You pay up, you name it, right?
deh40
AG
It would be great, but you have a fire lane in left and a railroad track in right so very limited on space.
Spyderman
AG
dermdoc said:

I remember setting lawn chairs in the back of pickups and claiming a good spot along the railroad tracks.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
drthoop
AG
Spyderman said:

dermdoc said:

I remember setting lawn chairs in the back of pickups and claiming a good spot along the railroad tracks.
That was fun back then wasn't it? Pick-ups, lawn chairs, and kegs.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Pops81
AG
drthoop said:

Spyderman said:

dermdoc said:

Best of times!!
RED AG 98
AG
Last Super at tu they still had the SRO weirdos in LF and the scaffolding and u-haul in RF. Maybe LF is revenue but fairly certain the RF folks just post up like we did in Aggie Alley.

Anyway, we absolutely need something and the excuses are tiresome.
dermdoc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Last Super at tu they still had the SRO weirdos in LF and the scaffolding and u-haul in RF. Maybe LF is revenue but fairly certain the RF folks just post up like we did in Aggie Alley.

Anyway, we absolutely need something and the excuses are tiresome.
The main "excuse" is we need to give more money no 12th Man tag poster.

And I am guilty and need to give more if I want better coaches and facilities. I have no "excuse". Do you?
dermdoc
AG
drthoop said:

Spyderman said:

dermdoc said:

Great times.
Coward Jimbo
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

dermdoc said:

Arkansas has this now, kinda. Bring a lawn chair and cooler and go nuts.
Coward Jimbo
AG
Farmer1906 said:

twk said:

Farmer1906 said:

Perfect. We need to keep the "party" area away from the playground and berm in RF. Even thought it would be nice to have by the visitor's bullpen.

Respectfully, I disagree. I think it would attract more students and make us more like the rest of the conference. Being able to heckle the opponents from 30 yards away adds to the atmosphere and draw for the students IMO. Seen videos from friends at Ole Miss and that setup looks like a bunch of fun.
RED AG 98
AG
You're a great poster, supporter of the program and greatly respected but I disagree. There were/are plenty of things that could have been done post-Aggie Alley that didn't require major campaigns and greatly improved the now relatively stale atmosphere. But as with new Kyle and gameday it seems clear we'll go the route of forced, stale corporate environment rather than embracing the organic traditions that made them both awesome in the 90s.

And whether I link all the badges here is not even remotely relevant to the conversation.
dermdoc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

You're a great poster, supporter of the program and greatly respected but I disagree. There were/are plenty of things that could have been done post-Aggie Alley that didn't require major campaigns and greatly improved the now relatively stale atmosphere. But as with new Kyle and gameday it seems clear we'll go the route of forced, stale corporate environment rather than embracing the organic traditions that made them both awesome in the 90s.

And whether I link all the badges here is not even remotely relevant to the conversation.
Hindsight is 20/20 and we are where we are.

Nothing is going to happen at this point without more money.

Hopefully there will be a major donor(s) who will be enthused by the new coach.

It is fun to give, I need to give more.
Farmer1906
AG
I agree it would be ideal next to their bullpen, but we don't want to ruin the family atmosphere with the playground. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll be separated enough by being just on the other side of the bullpen.

The only issue with the OM set up is it's about 30' from the OF wall. Next to a bunch of dumpsters.

RED AG 98
AG
I will gladly contribute to any program to fix it even if I still can't get season tickets...

I go to as many games at BB as I can. We make a handful of weekend series and most any postseason games. But I'm definitely not driving up with a family of 4 to sit on the berm.

Sidenote: I live outside Austin and go to a few games at tu each year. I've been to Supers and Tuesday games vs the Ags and a few random others. That's apparently enough for me to get tu season tickets, tickets for regionals and supers. They also have some cool partial season ticket options. And they proactively email me with these offers. Never once has 12th Man done anything remotely similar. But you're right maybe I just don't give them enough to matter.
Coward Jimbo
AG
I was unaware that the ole miss setup was that far back from the fence and bullpen. Also not ideal that there are dumpsters there too haha. I stand corrected
twk
AG
Quote:

Sidenote: I live outside Austin and go to a few games at tu each year. I've been to Supers and Tuesday games vs the Ags and a few random others. That's apparently enough for me to get tu season tickets, tickets for regionals and supers. They also have some cool partial season ticket options. And they proactively email me with these offers. Never once has 12th Man done anything remotely similar. But you're right maybe I just don't give them enough to matter.
We don't have partial season ticket options. We sell all available seats as full season tickets. We need to increase capacity to add more season ticket holders, but that will take money. What they want to do down the 3rd base line wouldn't be hugely expensive, but it won't be pocket change if they do it in such a way as to tie it in to future outfield improvements. We need a few major donors to step up with lead gifts to get this moving. Maybe the new coach will be the catalyst to get that done.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.