Schloss

27,725 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jkag89
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Savior Jimbo said:

I was unaware that the ole miss setup was that far back from the fence and bullpen. Also not ideal that there are dumpsters there too haha. I stand corrected
A lot of these parks look better on tv than in person. And do not get me going on sight lines at Baum, LSU, or Dudy Noble. They suck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
Preach!
85AustinAg
AG
If we are tight on space in LF with the Rec and a fire lane, move the fence in and make it taller. Seating above it. Like this...
aggiewilliford
GoodAg21
RED AG 98
AG
Per Brauny on Premium:

Renovations and updates to Blue Bell were part of the negotiations to my knowledge.
wilhunting
AG
Well - while we are at it let's go ahead and make OF@BBP the best venue in the SEC.
jkag89
85AustinAg said:

If we are tight on space in LF with the Rec and a fire lane, move the fence in and make it taller. Seating above it. Like this...

NO! Please do not make Olsen into a band box! It is bad enough as it is with very little foul territory.
Farmer1906
AG
Little foul territory means the fans are closer to the action. That's a good thing.

If it's the difference between a good expansion and not then I would be all for it. You raise the wall high enough and the HR totals down the line stay relatively close to the same.
Angry
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Little foul territory means the fans are closer to the action. That's a good thing.

If it's the difference between a good expansion and not then I would be all for it. You raise the wall high enough and the HR totals down the line stay relatively close to the same.

I wonder what (if anything) a huge wall would do to the wind. If it makes it more stagnant and it's high enough, that probably doubly makes up for moving it in.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

Exactly. I'm not suggesting making a home run park, you raise the wall to a height comparable to the outfield fence line currently.

I love the old ball park designs for this reason. They built around and took into consideration all of the "obstacles" for building and worked with them. Its what make the old ballparks unique.
85AustinAg
AG
Any word on Mosiello following or is this a national search for assistants by Schloss as well?
jkag89
Farmer1906 said:

I get that aspect. it also mean less opportunity to catch foul pop ups, this is now exasperated by the fact of the additional netting makes the great effort plays into the stands impossible.
Farmer1906
AG
jkag89 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I get that aspect. it also mean less opportunity to catch foul pop ups, this is now exasperated by the fact of the additional netting makes the great effort plays into the stands impossible.

Right but it's the same for both teams. It'll help offenses which is usually more enjoyable.
jkag89
Um, what makes games more enjoyable is balance between the two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.