Season Ticket Renewals

27,737 Views | 306 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tex100
rrtodds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
22 year season ticket holders - been part of Aggie baseball for 45+ years. It's going to be extremely difficult to miss the season - but football has spoken yet again. These aren't our only season tickets - but all of our tickets are for 12th Man deemed "minor" sports. Guess we will just sit back and watch it all unfold.
trouble
AG
Capt. America said:

Aggie Alley anybody?

How long do you think we can hang out there before they tow us?
tamc93
AG
I will probably not make most weekday games (I know we will be going to tu and maybe a couple of others). 2 tickets in Section 203.

PM me if you are interested in a bulk deal.

Before people *****/complain, I was a ticket holder in prior years and trying to provide an opportunity to others to go.
kevmiller
Very curious to know how many high up on the PP rankings got baseball season tickets this year for the 1st time
twk
AG
kevmiller said:

Very curious to know how many high up on the PP rankings got baseball season tickets this year for the 1st time
I'm sure the answer to this is zero. You didn't get a ticket appointment unless you had seats in 2020.
trouble
AG
twk said:

kevmiller said:

I'm sure the answer to this is zero. You didn't get a ticket appointment unless you had seats in 2020.

This. They used PP to create the "line" but only people who already had season tickets were allowed to be in line
Capt. America
AG
trouble said:

Capt. America said:

Aggie Alley anybody?

Hell, I doubt we make it past the first weekend.
trouble
AG
Capt. America said:

trouble said:

Capt. America said:

Aggie Alley anybody?

Hell, I doubt we make it past the first weekend.

Not sure we make it through the 7th inning stretch. We could still try.
dermdoc
AG
One thing to remember. The 12th Man Foundation is not the cause of any hardship. Believe it or not, they are not out to get anybody.

Covid is.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggietony2010
AG
This. They're gonna be getting about 30% of the ticket revenue they got last year. They'd much rather just sell the complete stadium.
Capt. America
AG
Oh we know. It's a sucky situation and we'll make the best of it. Let's just hope they don't give us crap for hanging out in Left Field.
dermdoc
AG
Capt. America said:

Oh we know. It's a sucky situation and we'll make the best of it. Let's just hope they don't give us crap for hanging out in Left Field.
I miss Aggie Alley.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BBQ
AG
I'm interested in hearing how football has "spoken"
Farmari Bojuji
AG12MN
This whole process is very sad. We are treating all sports as one. Pay the big bucks and you are in. 22+ years of baseball and I got nothing. Been a loyal (not rich) Aggies sports supporter for 40 years. Nothing. The atmosphere at Olsen will be horrible. My guess is less than 1,000 in seats for most games.

I do blame the 12th Man foundation. The model used is just not right. Likely will renew for 2022 but not 100% at this time. I have lost confidence in the system.
AG12MN
BBQ...Football drives it all. You have to be a donor there to get any points.
twk
AG
AG12MN said:

This whole process is very sad. We are treating all sports as one. Pay the big bucks and you are in. 22+ years of baseball and I got nothing. Been a loyal (not rich) Aggies sports supporter for 40 years. Nothing. The atmosphere at Olsen will be horrible. My guess is less than 1,000 in seats for most games.

I do blame the 12th Man foundation. The model used is just not right. Likely will renew for 2022 but not 100% at this time. I have lost confidence in the system.
What model would you propose? Fact is, with just over 1000 seats in the socially distanced configuration, someone was going to be disappointed no matter how they did it. The real problem is that we're having to socially distance for an outside sport. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that looks like overkill come late April or May.
twk
AG
AG12MN said:

BBQ...Football drives it all. You have to be a donor there to get any points.
That's not accurate. You can donate money for anything (or to the general fund) and get priority points. Of course, the vast majority of donations have been football related (if not all mandatory donations tied to football seats).
dermdoc
AG
I am very hopeful this is the last time we have to do this. In any sport.
AG12MN
Don know what model but things seemed to work before we went all rogue with seat fees and pay for play model. I understand the social distancing crap and overkill. We will see how this unfolds. My guess is 50% of those who got tickets won't go. Just bought to keep priority points up.

Just my 2 cents. Might be wrong but might be right.
AG12MN
If the vast majority of points are tied to football then they drive the market. Maybe should have not said "have to" but need to donate to football.

Should also say that yes this is because of Covid. But, it has uncovered some major flaws in the system.
dermdoc
AG
AG12MN said:

Just bought to keep priority points up.

How do they get priority points from buying baseball season tickets?
twk
AG
AG12MN said:

If the vast majority of points are tied to football then they drive the market.
You could be the number one overall priority point holder, but if you weren't a baseball season ticket holder, you weren't eligible to get tickets this year. So while I feel for other long time season ticket holders (32 years for me) who got shut out, there were probably some TMF members with billions of dollars who couldn't buy baseball season tickets, while I could, thanks to the fact that I was a season ticket holder in 2020.

Also, when they did the Olsen renovation in 2012, they did not re-seat the park using priority points, as they could have. Instead, they tried to keep everyone as close to their old location as possible, regardless of priority points.

This time, they felt they had to use priority points and I can't really blame them, as I just don't see any other way to do it. If you just went straight seniority as a baseball season ticket holder, that wouldn't be the right way to go either--I know someone who has given millions to the baseball program who hasn't been a season ticket holder nearly as long as I have, but I wouldn't pretend to deserve a place in line before him.
twk
AG
AG12MN said:

Don know what model but things seemed to work before we went all rogue with seat fees and pay for play model. I understand the social distancing crap and overkill. We will see how this unfolds. My guess is 50% of those who got tickets won't go. Just bought to keep priority points up.

There are some season ticket holders, like myself, who buy tickets despite living out of town that don't make every game. Personally, I try to find someone to use my extra tickets (and I end up selling or giving away 90% of them), but not all these folks are tech savy enough to get that done efficiently. It does take some work.

As far as buying baseball tickets to keep up priority points, you only get 5 points per season ticket for most seats at Olsen--you get 10 points, plus 2 points for a $50 donation for balcony basketball tickets that cost less than lower deck Olsen seats. If you are buying baseball tickets to pad your priority points, you are making a mistake.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

AG12MN said:

There are some season ticket holders, like myself, who buy tickets despite living out of town that don't make every game. Personally, I try to find someone to use my extra tickets (and I end up selling or giving away 90% of them), but not all these folks are tech savy enough to get that done efficiently. It does take some work.

As far as buying baseball tickets to keep up priority points, you only get 5 points per season ticket for most seats at Olsen--you get 10 points, plus 2 points for a $50 donation for balcony basketball tickets that cost less than lower deck Olsen seats. If you are buying baseball tickets to pad your priority points, you are making a mistake.
BBQ
AG
I am assuming that you understand that the only people that was allowed to get baseball tickets were existing owners of season baseball tickets ... no matter your priority point level. The priority points were only used to place people in line.

How would you suggest to execute the process? Keep each sport separate as far as ticket selection? I could see the validity in that possibly... but what would keep the "rich" Ags from dedicating dollars in the amounts that would keep them in front of the baseball ticket line? Basketball Line? Softball Line and so on?

I thought the whole purpose of the 12thman was to maximize fund raising to support all athletics? Many of the monies raised by the "rich" football Aggies goes towards the support of the lesser sports. Many of the "rich" football Ags do not have season tickets in any of the lesser sports, but portions of the monies they donate to obtain football tickets go toward supporting the lesser sports. How do you suggest that is taken into account? I would think if you maintained separated ticket selection processes, you would also have to have separate "financial support " lines? Would that not strangle the financial support of the lesser sports?

Years of owning season tickets is also rewarded with a quantity of priority points each year so loyalty is considered and rewarded in the existing process.

The 12thman foundation is not some sort of boogie man trying to keep the little man down in my opinion
Farmari Bojuji
aggietony2010
AG
This. It's all about knowing the rules of the game, which haven't changed much in at least a decade, and being ready for situations like this (which really are only permanent when there's a complete overhaul of the stadium and there's a full reseating).

I graduated in 2012 from grad school. I immediately started donating money to the 12MF to get the "streak" points for consecutive years of giving. I started buying football tickets, more than I needed, and taking on that risk. I did this with basketball, and baseball as well. Over those 10 years, I've operated at a "loss" on these sales, and that's even with "selling" myself tickets at the market rate. (which really overstates the revenue on my ticket sales). My focus was never on profit, though certain games I have profited on, it's been more than made up for in losses. My goal has always been to about breakeven, and in the process get priority points in exchange for giving the 12MF guaranteed income.

Baseball does get shortchanged a bit from a Priority Points standpoint, but really, so did every non-revenue sport up until 2018. Before that, only tickets with required donations earned priority points.

I've accumulated around 2000 PP in those 10 years. Of those PP
  • 13% came from consecutive years of giving, off of 2% of what I've spent.
  • 75% came from football and associated donations, off of 85% of the money I've spent
  • 10% came from basketball and associated donations, off of 7% of the money I've spent.
  • 2% came from baseball, off of 7% of what I spent.

Baseball was broken until 2018, but it gets a pretty fair allocation of points now. Maybe they should've given a point bonus to long time baseball ticket holders, but I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, unless you were right on the cusp.

I'll be listing anything I can't attend on here, and will probably just give away a lot of the midweeks.
drthoop
AG
My wife and I endowed a scholarship in 2019 earmarked for baseball. I got lots of PP from that. Football had nothing to do with those points.

Granted a lot of PP come from football donations but to lump them all into football is wrong.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Bondag
AG
I have had football tickets for 10 years, and Basketball and baseball for 5. I try to make every conference weekend and the occasional midweek and early weekend series when the weather is above 60 (freezing at Olsen).
BBQ
AG
I did the exact same for the equestrian team... I was sure as hell not worried about season tickets for the equestrian season... but the priority points sure come in handy.... but I guess I should of refused the priority points so I would not interrupt the baseball ticket line... I have had season baseball tickets as long as as my football ... since 90, I walked the stage in '89 so I started as fast as I could

Farmari Bojuji
Mister Mystery Guest
I know someone who started buying baseball season tickets heading into the 1988 season (Scott Livingston / Ever Magallanes). They got five season tickets at that time which happened to be some seats Pat Olsen's family was letting go. This season ticket holder has never had fewer than five season ticket seats since the 1988 season and at times it might've been seven. This season ticket holder logged in early around 10:30 yesterday morning and received an e-mail around 11:00 AM that there were no more tickets available. That's somewhat of a gut punch to someone who enjoys baseball more than the other sports and has held season tickets for himself, his kids, and his grandkids all these (32) years.
dermdoc
AG
Mister Mystery Guest said:

I know someone who started buying baseball season tickets heading into the 1988 season (Scott Livingston / Ever Magallanes). They got five season tickets at that time which happened to be some seats Pat Olsen's family was letting go. This season ticket holder has never had fewer than five season ticket seats since the 1988 season and at times it might've been seven. This season ticket holder logged in early around 10:30 yesterday morning and received an e-mail around 11:00 AM that there were no more tickets available. That's somewhat of a gut punch to someone who enjoys baseball more than the other sports and has held season tickets for himself, his kids, and his grandkids all these (32) years.
That sucks.

I just honestly not know how the 12th Man could have handled it differently. And trust me, they do not want to lose money going from 100% to 25%.

Covid sucks.
Tex100
AG
dermdoc said:

Mister Mystery Guest said:

That sucks.

I just honestly not know how the 12th Man could have handled it differently. And trust me, they do not want to lose money going from 100% to 25%.

Covid sucks.
If the records are there, I suppose they could have said club is club, but for other seats will will go by number of seasons a person has had season tickets. Would be a monumental task to assign place in line. Or assign priority points for specific sports. Becomes a monumental task at some point. hell, even at this point. It took a lot of work to figure our how to allocate, groups of two, three and four tickets throughout the stadium.
12th Man Ag
AG
They could go back and assign a certain level of PP for consecutive years having baseball season tickets, but honestly it would not have moved the needle much.

Let's say they gave 100 PP for every 5 years of having baseball season tickets, up to a maximum of 500 PP. How many of those longtime ticket holders that didn't get tickets would have gotten them this year? My guess is not too many. PP are based on $$$ given over time. That is where you get growth.
drthoop
AG
This is why it is important to give to the 12th Man yearly. You build PP while helping the student athletes through the Foundation.
It's a good business plan to insure that your income stream continues.
Agree that it sucks for long time ticket holders but as derm said, the 12th Man is not happy about the reduction in crowd capacity either.
If you want to complain, contact the University administration and the athletic department. They are the ones who set the capacity at 25%.
12th Man has nothing to do with that and neither does the SEC.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
trouble
AG
The SEC set limits for football. Are they not the ones setting them for baseball?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.