Season Ticket Renewals

27,628 Views | 306 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tex100
drthoop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is a mistake everyone made. The SEC did not set capacity limits. The State of Texas was allowing 50% capacity at sports stadium at that time. We could have had 50% capacity had we chosen so. That is why Mullen's rant was so stupid. Even if there had been 50,000 in the stadium, it would have been legal. The AD and University chose to go with 25%. SEC had no input. It was left up to the individual institutions.
That comes directly from Bjork to me face to face. Not hearsay. I even confirmed it with an email 3 days later.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
trouble
AG
Ah, so they just let everyone believe that to keep the pitchforks put away
drthoop
AG
I don't know that they ever said it was the SEC. Bjork said that at a donors get together before the Arkansas game. I confirmed face to face later that evening and again with an email 3 days later.

It wasn't a secret.

I think people assumed that it was ordered by the SEC.
tamc93
AG
drthoop said:

I don't know that they ever said it was the SEC. Bjork said that at a donors get together before the Arkansas game. I confirmed face to face later that evening and again with an email 3 days later.

It wasn't a secret.

I thought I heard that we wanted increased capacity, but since other SEC schools could not we became a "team player" and matched everyone elses to 25%.

Too many rumors out there....
drthoop
AG
That may very well be what actually happened but it is not what I was told. Who know? It's all a screwed up mess. The powers that be have backed themselves into a corner and have no plan or endgame for how to get out.
BQ_90
AG
tamc93 said:

drthoop said:

It wasn't a secret.

I thought I heard that we wanted increased capacity, but since other SEC schools could not we became a "team player" and matched everyone elses to 25%.

Too many rumors out there....
i thought we had planned more but the sips wanted 25% and Abbott mandate was 25%
trouble
AG
I don't think they said either way. Lots of us assumed the crowd limits were included in the SEC guidelines about no bands, mascots, etc.
trouble
AG
Abbott mandate was 50% but that was to include everyone in the stadium not just fans.
BQ_90
AG
trouble said:

I don't think they said either way. Lots of us assumed the crowd limits were included in the SEC guidelines about no bands, mascots, etc.
I actually think the bands, mascots, etc was a SEC policy. I think they limited who could be on the sidelines

I think the SEC had suggested 25% but I think the backed off and let schools defer to state guidelines which differed from school to school depending on the state.
trouble
AG
It was. That's what I'm saying. I think most of us just assumed the 25% seating was as well.
drthoop
AG
I did not ask about the band, mascots, etc. But he did say the 25% was a local mandate.
drthoop
AG
Another possibility is that the Governor's order came too late to re-seat at 50% too. Not sure when he changed it from 25-50.
BQ_90
AG
drthoop said:

Another possibility is that the Governor's order came to late to re-seat at 50% too. Not sure when he changed it from 25-50.
I think that was the issue is too many states setting different rules, that's why the SEC didn't set a attendance max.

Again, once we set 25% for football, it was followed for the most part for every other sport. So for baseball nobody should be surprised.
Bondag
AG
I think that the 25% was likely to avoid a headache if they cut from 50% back down as well.
dermdoc
AG
Hoop speaks the truth. What is really stupid is that Florida is completely open yet the stadiums only allowed 25% occupancy. In open air stadiums. Ridiculous.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bullpen Chias
AG
How bout just go with 50% and let people decide if they want to attend or not for a season.
tamc93
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

How bout just go with 100% and let people decide if they want to attend or not for a season.
Fixed it for you.
drthoop
AG
tamc93 said:

Bullpen Chias said:

How bout just go with 100% and let people decide if they want to attend or not for a season.
Fixed it for you.
Preaching to the choir here.
dermdoc
AG
tamc93 said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Fixed it for you.
We flew to all the away Aggie fb games and every flight was packed. They did require masks.

Now if we can sit in a completely full plane surely we can have 100% stadium seating. Especially in open air venues.

Makes zero sense.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigDawg87
AG
We originally announced 30% capacity for Kyle in Aug and the next day revised it down to 25%.
deh40
AG
AG12MN said:

BBQ...Football drives it all. You have to be a donor there to get any points.
That's not true. The 12th Man Foundation will gladly take your donation designated to many other uses that have nothing to do with football.
BBQ
AG
Not even close to correct. Just the fact that you are a 12thman member you will get PP's ... you don't have to have season tickets to any sport

If you wanted you can donate and determine what sport that donation supports. The only thing that season tickets do for you is help gain more PP's in rapid fashion.
Farmari Bojuji
Leander - Ag
AG
I will sell my mid week games if anyone is interested (except Texas). 2 seats, row 4 Sec 203.

Bullreds1 at hotmail
twk
AG
Just in case anyone who was following this thread wasn't following the other thread on additional seating being added, you should have received an email from the TMF this morning advising you of the opportunity to purchase season tickets in this bleacher seating down the lines (being built over the berms). Note this:

Quote:

While first base berm bleacher seats are limited, the opportunity is being offered to 12th Man Foundation donors on a first-come, first-served basis while season inventory lasts
So, if a lack of priority points did you in on the grandstand seating, here's a chance to jump back in.
thebaldone
AG
Pretty sure they are already sold out
Tex100
AG
I have the following games for sale: 3 seats Section 202, Row 8

2/23 ACU $15 total for 3 SOLD

2/24 Tarleton same

3/2 HBU Same

3/9 A&M Corpus Same

3/10 Prairie View Same

3/23 Rice Same

4/20 Texas Southern Same

I'm offering these here because I know there are season ticket holders who did not get tickets.

I'll have some weekend games available too in the next few days
Tex100
AG
So no one has expressed interest. I will also post these on the ticket exchange,
Tex100
AG
I have the following games for sale: 3 seats Section 202, Row 8

Friday March 6 vs New Mexico State $75 for all three

I will have more. just want to make sure that I sell to an Aggie fan who wants to go to the game and not a scalper. Got burned a couple of years back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.