We're going after the Ole Miss hitting coach

17,990 Views | 155 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wicked Good Ag
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoozingAg said:

How the **** could anyone not have been on board with the Kennedy firing

I mean anyone besides chester

Money?

Politics?

Personal friendships?

Combinations thereof?

As for fans, there were dumbasses that wanted Kennedy retained
BoozingAg
Why? Why do we have to do this every time? Why can't coaches just be held accountable for their performance without what BMA they're friends with or go to church with coming into play?
Lance Uppercut
AG
BoozingAg said:

Why? Why do we have to do this every time? Why can't coaches just be held accountable for their performance without what BMA their friends with or go to church with coming into play?
Because we don't make as much money as they do
TexasAGGIEinAR
Everyone shut the hell up with the Childress talk and stick to the actual subject of the thread. Go create another thread to talk about the same tired sh*t over and over again. We need a hitting coach. OM's just said no. Any others known to be on a short list? Thanks and please whine and make lame rebuttals to my disliking of every thread turning to Childress discussion.
BoozingAg
The fact Childress is a lame duck coach is why we just got rejected so I have no idea how you expect to not have a conversation about it
cevans_40
AG
TexasAGGIEinAR said:

Everyone shut the hell up with the Childress talk and stick to the actual subject of the thread. Go create another thread to talk about the same tired sh*t over and over again. We need a hitting coach. OM's just said no. Any others known to be on a short list? Thanks and please whine and make lame rebuttals to my disliking of every thread turning to Childress discussion.

Its gonna be someone you have never heard of. Someone who just needs a stop like A&M for 1 year on his resume.
Sandman98
AG
BoozingAg said:

The fact Childress is a lame duck coach is why we just got rejected so I have no idea how you expect to not have a conversation about it

His current boss hasn't done much either over a couple decades. Just maybe, since he's human and has a kid, he doesn't want to change zip codes. These guys are human and lateral moves as assistants aren't all that appealing in a non-rev sport. I'm sure you knew that since you're the ****ing expert on college baseball.
Sandman98
AG
BoozingAg said:

If you were an Ole Miss guy you'd be asking that Bianco be fired. That assumes you're consistent in your measurements of head coaches and that you have a ****ing clue about what you're watching.
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

A lot of the replies, presumably Ole Miss fans, wanted Clement to get hired away the same way most of us wanted Rob to get hired away
What!?!?!?! I thought only A&M snuffed out promising rallies on the base paths. well that is what one would think reading our game threads..

Yeah not really with our .187 team BA we didn't really have enough base runners to get upset about that
One it was not near that low. Two if it was, it made the few that reached base all that more important, yes?
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

The fact a guy that's worked under RC before just turned him down really ought to be a wake up call to some of you.
I thought you would be happy that another RC buddy/crony would not be in the Aggie dugout,since that is exactly how you would be portraying this if Clement was returning to Olsen.
BoozingAg
jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

The fact a guy that's worked under RC before just turned him down really ought to be a wake up call to some of you.
I thought you would be happy that another RC buddy/crony would not be in the Aggie dugout,since that is exactly how you would be portraying this if Clement was returning to Olsen.

Strawman
BoozingAg
Sandman98 said:

BoozingAg said:

If you were an Ole Miss guy you'd be asking that Bianco be fired. That assumes you're consistent in your measurements of head coaches and that you have a ****ing clue about what you're watching.

Another strawman
643=2
+1 for James Vilade from Oklahoma State. Was hitting coach for Texas Rangers AA team, coached the infielders at OSU and ran the offense this past season. Has coached Josh Hamilton and Elvis Andrus from a hitting perspective. Also, he heads up keeperofthegame.com which promotes baseball for kids with special needs. Great guy!
Wicked Good Ag
So Boozing would you be asking for Bianco to be fired if you were an Ole Miss fan ??
BoozingAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

So Boozing would you be asking for Bianco to be fired if you were an Ole Miss fan ??
Why do y'all ask this like it's some barometer on the value of my posts? I have no comment on the Ole Miss baseball program. I don't follow it closely enough to have any sort of real hard opinions on them, other than there is no way they should be any sort of measuring stick for us.
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Strawman
Um no, simply showing how whatever happens in this you find a way to put a negative spin on things or twist it to fit your version of events.
Wicked Good Ag
BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Why do y'all ask this like it's some barometer on the value of my posts? I have no comment on the Ole Miss baseball program. I don't follow it closely enough to have any sort of real hard opinions on them, other than there is no way they should be any sort of measuring stick for us.

I ask because it helps to make decisions when not biased based upon being a fan first.
I have been on record saying not sure about firing Childress because I think the hitting has been the issue.

If you go straight by the numbers of post season we finished
2015. 9th
2016. 9th
2017. 7th
2018. 33rd
2019. 17th.
Now these are all ties and really not indicative of actual totality of the seasons.
For instance our metrics in 2015 and 2016 would have put us in the top of the CWS participants but missed by two tough games
2017 our metrics put us last at the CWS which is where we finished
If you see a downhill pattern in the last two years then I clearly see problems but I also saw the problems being on the offensive side and Childress gives autonomy to assistants in that regard. Maybe as the head coach he shouldn't do that but I also think a new hitting coach might very well be a huge benefit to the program
ensign_beedrill
AG
BoozingAg said:

On the other hand nothing else has been so I doubt this will be either
Maybe he's happy where he is and he doesn't want to go through packing up and moving his family just to take the same job he has now only at a different school.
powerbelly
AG
ftworthag02 said:

So we're not as a high demand program as you might think. Or the wife shot it down
His wife must have hated her time in aggieland to not want to return.
BoozingAg
jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

jkag89 said:

BoozingAg said:

Strawman
Um no, simply showing how whatever happens in this you find a way to put a negative spin on things or twist it to fit your version of events.
Yeah, you never do that.

Clement would've been different than his previous buddy hires. He's been in the SEC and been successful.
BoozingAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

I ask because it helps to make decisions when not biased based upon being a fan first.
I have been on record saying not sure about firing Childress because I think the hitting has been the issue.

2015. 9th
2016. 9th
2017. 7th
2018. 33rd
2019. 17th.
Now these are all ties and really not indicative of actual totality of the seasons.
For instance our metrics in 2015 and 2016 would have put us in the top of the CWS participants but missed by two tough games
If you see a downhill pattern in the last two years then I clearly see problems but I also saw the problems being on the offensive side and Childress gives autonomy to assistants in that regard. Maybe as the head coach he shouldn't do that but I also think a new hitting coach might very well be a huge benefit to the program
Why did you only go back to 2015 and not 2013, our first season in the SEC?

And yes that's absolutely a loaded question.
schmellba99
AG
Aggies2009 said:

schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

schmellba99 said:

chester said:

Never saw this reported anywhere. Prove it!

Quoting your anti-Childress friends' rants is not proof.
Along the same vein, prove he wasn't on the hot seat.
I don't know if you know how burden of proof works, but it usually is the responsibility of the person who makes a claim.

That said, I think Childress is definitely on the "hot seat" in that if he doesn't do something next season, he won't be back the year after because of the way his contract is set up.
I know exactly how it works. But this isn't the courtroom, now is it. And if such a vehement refute to a message board claim comes so quickly, my message board legaleese ass feels like I can ask such a question. Which I can. And I did.
The concept of "burden of proof" exists as a philosophical idea, not only in a courtroom lmao

You can ask someone to prove a negative, but it's a very bad argument tactic that anyone with any basic understanding of logic will look at and dismiss. Your call, though!
Not really - especially given the context of the quotes. I get it, you will argue with anybody that thinks it's time for RC to leave, no matter the circumstance or context. It's what you do.
schmellba99
AG
Aggies2009 said:

twk said:

schmellba99 said:

Captain Pablo said:

Surprised Clement would consider coming here, given that Rob is on the hot seat
Depends - maybe he and Bjork have a good working history and his coming here gives him a leg up on being the next in line?

I have no idea if that is true, just thinking about a reason why a guy could take a gamble on going to a program where the head coaching seat is, at least by most outward appearances, on somewhat shaky ground. I know nothing about Clement, maybe he's a gambler and wants to move up, maybe he thinks about it and says thanks but no thanks.
For a coach that thinks he is one move away from a head coaching job, this is actually a real attractive situation. You know what we're going to have on the mound. All you've got to do is turn one of the worst offensive clubs in D1 into a mediocre or better club, and you'll get the credit for turning the team around. Is there a risk it could go south? Sure, but a guy that is confident in his abilities, and given enough rein by the head coach, would see this as a real opportunity.
Has anyone ever hired an assistant and told them, "If the head coach is fired next year, you're the new head coach"? Seems like a weird idea that wouldn't work, but could be what we're going for with MC.
LSU with Aranda - first right of refusal. It is one of the things (along with pay, let's not beat around the bush) that kept him in Baton Rouge when we were pursuing him.
AggieBill005
AG
Hate it when folks pull **** stats out of their asses...

We hit .235 in conference. Still not great but not sub .200!
Captain Pablo
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

2015. 9th
2016. 9th
2017. 7th
2018. 33rd
2019. 17th.

I think that's pretty nave. Recruiting philosophy and allocation is also a part of the problem. You cannot excuse the head coach for our offensive ineptitude. It's his fault

Wicked Good Ag
BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

2015. 9th
2016. 9th
2017. 7th
2018. 33rd
2019. 17th.
Why did you only go back to 2015 and not 2013, our first season in the SEC?

And yes that's absolutely a loaded question.

I went back five years but ok

2014 17th
2013 17th
BoozingAg
You think we finished 17th in seasons in which we were a 3 seed? I mean using the same logic you could just as easily say we finished 48th.

LOL
Wicked Good Ag
BoozingAg said:

You think we finished 17th in seasons in which we were a 3 seed? I mean using the same logic you could just as easily say we finished 48th.

LOL

Regional finalist would be 17th
Or because we were a three seed in 17 then as a CWS participant we finished 48th ??
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
AgEng06 said:

powerbelly said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

I am so glad that the thread about a new potential hitting coach has at least 30% of the thread not dealing with Childress job status drama
RC's job status is germane to hiring a new hitting coach.

under appreciated post.
85AustinAg
AG
WHO ARE WE TARGETING NOW? Please. Anyone. Bueller...
jkag89
Quote:

Clement would've been different than his previous buddy hires. He's been in the SEC and been successful.
Bolt initial two seasons in the SEC were also rather successful. We'll never know how you would actually have reacted to a Clement hire but it is rather safe to say the first rocky patch you would resort to your old standby, you are just to damn predictable.
BoozingAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

LOL

Or because we were a three seed in 17 then as a CWS participant we finished 48th ??

There are 32 regional finalists. Claiming we tied for 17th with all of them is a ridiculously bad and gerrymandered metric.

Human polls have at least a little substance to them, and we are about to finish outside the top 25 for the 4th time in our 7 years in the SEC.

The amount of weight the pro-RC crowd puts on the 2017 season is ridiculous. UH lost game one of the Regional to Iowa and had to use up a ton of pitching to get to the final. Then UNC got beat by Davidson, and we got to host Davidson in the Supers. We were very fortunate to make it to Omaha, but unfortunately that's probably why RC is still here. Yeah, we still beat who was in front of us, but Iowa, 2 seed Baylor, and Davidson is hardly a gauntlet. Looking at the type of team we put on the field that season, where we were again a 3 seed, has become our norm. It's the type of team we had in 13, 14, 18, and 19. Those type of teams aren't going to host Regionals, Supers, or compete for NCs. The type of team we had in 15 and 16 will, but then we have the issue we have of getting past TCU.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

LOL

That's fudging the numbers quite a bit...what makes us the best regional finalist that lost in a regional those years?

There are 32 regional finalists every year, how did you get 17?
Aggies2009
AG
schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

schmellba99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

schmellba99 said:

chester said:

Never saw this reported anywhere. Prove it!

Quoting your anti-Childress friends' rants is not proof.
Along the same vein, prove he wasn't on the hot seat.
I don't know if you know how burden of proof works, but it usually is the responsibility of the person who makes a claim.

That said, I think Childress is definitely on the "hot seat" in that if he doesn't do something next season, he won't be back the year after because of the way his contract is set up.
I know exactly how it works. But this isn't the courtroom, now is it. And if such a vehement refute to a message board claim comes so quickly, my message board legaleese ass feels like I can ask such a question. Which I can. And I did.
The concept of "burden of proof" exists as a philosophical idea, not only in a courtroom lmao

You can ask someone to prove a negative, but it's a very bad argument tactic that anyone with any basic understanding of logic will look at and dismiss. Your call, though!
Not really - especially given the context of the quotes. I get it, you will argue with anybody that thinks it's time for RC to leave, no matter the circumstance or context. It's what you do.

I guess you missed the entire point of when I said he's gone next year if he doesn't perform because of how his contract is set up?

Sorry that you don't understand burden of proof and can't be a calm and rational adult. You'd rather throw your little temper tantrums when you can't respond. "It's what you do"
MSFC Aggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.