Is Childress to Nebraska all that far fetched?

20,865 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Chester
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chester said:

Nebraska would be a big step down for Childress but a huge step up for Bolt. I'm not a betting man but I think Bolt takes the Nebraska job. Then a lot of you guys can get that new assistant coach you've been begging for.
Chester
Captain Pablo
AG
chester said:

chester said:

Nebraska would be a big step down for Childress but a huge step up for Bolt. I'm not a betting man but I think Bolt takes the Nebraska job. Then a lot of you guys can get that new assistant coach you've been begging for.

Boy you really nailed that unlikely scenario

Actually, we are begging for a new head coach too, but we'll take what we can get, and defer the rest of it for a year
Mark Fairchild
AG
I can't ignore you fast enough!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Chester
Young and upcoming Aggie grad Lance Harvell, hitting coach at Sam Houston, would be a good hire.

Edit to add: Mike Clement is the obvious hire but I still like Harvell.
Chester
TAL06RES
AG
No thanks.
Captain Pablo
AG
TAL06RES said:

No thanks.

He is just parroting Gabe. He hasn't had an original thought since joining this forum
TAL06RES
AG
Captain Pablo said:

TAL06RES said:

No thanks.

He is just parroting Gabe. He hasn't had an original thought since joining this forum

I've been on the hold off firing RC camp, but if he makes that hire, everyone needs to be **** canned. I don't give a **** if he's an Aggie or not. That's a god awful hire.
Captain Pablo
AG
TAL06RES said:

Captain Pablo said:

TAL06RES said:

No thanks.

I've been on the hold off firing RC camp, but if he makes that hire, everyone needs to be **** canned. I don't give a **** if he's an Aggie or not. That's a god awful hire.

Another poster says Harvel is going to NU with Bolt

So it's a non issue

Don't listen to chester. Next he'll declare water is wet

Finally, is it interesting that Bolt didn't take Seely with him?
Captain Pablo
AG
Bolt will probably do well at NU

He's probably not the problem here
Agsncws
AG
Captain Pablo said:

"Well" is relative. If he's held to the same standards as Childress, I wouldnt wager so much. Good luck to Bolt, all the same.
Captain Pablo
AG
Agsncws said:

Captain Pablo said:

"Well" is relative. If he's held to the same standards as Childress, I wouldnt wager so much. Good luck to Bolt, all the same.

Yes, it's relative

I don't hold a Nebraska coach to the same standards as a Texas A&M coach

While a Texas A&M coach may have stiffer competition, his proximity to talent, his climate, and his resources more than offset tough competition

Rob Has what he needs to be an elite program in the SEC

Except skill as a head coach
Agsncws
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Agsncws said:

Captain Pablo said:

Yes, it's relative

While a Texas A&M coach may have stiffer competition, his proximity to talent, his climate, and his resources more than offset tough competition

I dont disagree. Interesting though, that it's clear now that a Nebraska coach isnt held to the same standards while the board discussed the possibility of Childress accepting the opportunity (even going so far as to say he SHOULD). If its clear that its a step down in competition, proximity to talent, climate and resources; this board did a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE job acknowledging that the job itself is a step down.
Captain Pablo
AG
Agsncws said:

Captain Pablo said:

Agsncws said:

Captain Pablo said:

Yes, it's relative

I dont disagree. Interesting though, that it's clear now that a Nebraska coach isnt held to the same standards while the board discussed the possibility of Childress accepting the opportunity (even going so far as to say he SHOULD). If its clear that its a step down in competition, proximity to talent, climate and resources; this board did a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE job acknowledging that the job itself is a step down.

Depends on what you mean by "step down"

Gabe discussed this and I tend to agree with him

The theory is that Rob is a good coach, just not good enough for the SEC grind. In the BIG, he'll be better than his BIG counterparts.

Sort of a "big fish, little pond" theory

Nebraska supports and dedicates resources above that of most BIG programs. He would have been able to consistently compile a good enough regular season record to host regionals in most years.

It was a recipe for success and longevity for Rob. Important because he very well may only have 11.5 months left at A&M

That was the theory anyway

I think it has merit
Chester
Captain Pablo said:

TAL06RES said:

RNo thanks.

Actually, I'm not parroting anyone. Just doing my homework. Rob will be looking for a good hitting coach that he can work with. These two coaches fit the bill. Harvell and Clement are both successful and had a prior relationship with Rob. If you weren't so anti-Childress you'd see it too.
Chester
sincereag
Anyone thinking that a new assistant coach is going to change the direction of our progran is dillusional. Our hc has been here 14 years and has had countless opportunities to build a championship program but we keep seeing the same results year after year. We keep getting passed by other in-state and SEC West programs, and I agree with the previous poster that Bolt will likely be successful at NU. Bolt is not the problem here.
jkag89
sincereag said:

Anyone thinking that a new assistant coach is going to change the direction of our progran is dillusional. Our hc has been here 15+ years and has had countless opportunities to build a championship program but we keep seeing the same results year after year. I agree with the previous poster that Bolt will likely be successful at NU. Bolt is not the problem here.
It may seem like 15+ seasons but RC just completed his 14th at A&M.
85AustinAg
AG
Mike Clement, Ole Miss

Like this guys resume. Looks like a steady performer as well.
Wicked Good Ag
You have to get back to a balance of offensive and pitching. We had great pitching this year and next
Great hitting in 15/16 with solid pitching and were one game away each year from Omaha where IMO we would have done some damage but we will never know. We have shown just this season that pitching with even decent situational hitting can result in a 7-5 record against OMAHA teams and three series wins out of four (although at home not road)
Aggiewife64
Well, well, well
Told ya
On June 4th
Aggiewife64
Aggiewife64 said:

Coach Bolt will be the new HC at Nebraska.
Belton Ag
AG
Nobody likes a show-off.
Artimus Gordon
Aggiewife sure called that one!!! The board's latest
Rojo!

After all is said and done, there was no chance of Childress going to NU. We got our hopes up for nothing! What a disappointment!

What we learned is Erstad made 225,000, bolt will make 300,000. Bakich of michigan makes 425,000 and he has a couple of wins in the CWS. Childress on the other hand makes 800,000.

Somebody is grossly overpaid for what they bring to the table. It doesn't look like he will be leaving anytime soon. The options are limited with his high salary and limited production. The AD will have to pry the baseball from his hands! Extension or no extension. And there is absolutely no reason to give him one.

Another disappointing result of this is that bolt didn't take seeley with him. He took an assistant from SHSU of all places.

NU baseball has Fallen off the table since joining the Big10. They will be rolling the dice with hiring asst. coaches as HC's until they hit on one like michigan's Bakich. It may take awhile!

Now we are reduced to hiring a hitting coach that will be able to pull both seeley's and childress' nuts off the hot seat. Good luck with that Mr new hitting coach asst sir! Helluva job description for the new guy. Save us from ourselves!

Mark Fairchild
AG
Amen!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aggiewife64
TCU hitting coach will be the Ags new hitting coach
swimmerbabe11
You think that our Associate Head Coach (Bill Mosiello) is headed to College Station for an Assistant Coaching position?
Did you mean our volunteer Assistant head coach?

I don't think Mosiello or Sarloos leave for any gig that isn't a HC job.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Aggiewife64 said:

TCU hitting coach will be the Ags new hitting coach
Kendall said today that no one had been hired yet. He expects it next week sometime.
Artimus Gordon
Swimmerbabe or aggiewife64? We will see who has the best inside info?

Meanwhile everyone is wondering whether this new guy will be stout enough to drag Rob and Seeley kicking and screaming to the CWS next year?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Seeley is currently the recruiting coordinator and hitting coach; what will his new role be? Will he take over Bolt's slot at 3rd base, other?
Wicked Good Ag
TXAGBQ76 said:

Seeley is currently the recruiting coordinator and hitting coach; what will his new role be? Will he take over Bolt's slot at 3rd base, other?

I wouldn't say that Seeley is the hitting coach exclusively at all. I would expect it to be more Bolt honestly
TXAGBQ76
AG
All I know is what I read on the athletic website. It said Seeley was hired and reported to Bolt to be hitting coach and recruiting coordinator. Now Bolt certainly controlled the offensive strategy/execution, ran us out of a bunch of potential big innings, etc.
Mr.Ackar07
This was briefly mentioned on D1's website:

Quote:

Texas State will now embark on a head coaching search after long-time skipper Ty Harrington announced his retirement this week. [...] Texas assistant and hitting coach Sean Allen would make a lot of sense, while Texas A&M's Justin Seely is a quality assistant as well and knows the lay of the land in Texas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.