Instead of a 4th Inning Fill....

6,200 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAGBQ76
tonytx05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasRebel said:

How long does it take to get a barcode in an email or the 12th Man app?

I still don't think it's unreasonable to have season ticket holders confirm their attendance and get the tickets the week of the event.

See. MSC OPAS

OPAS only has like a dozen events, and few of those people come from out of town regularly like baseball. The logistics of that don't really compare.

Maybe YOU don't think it's unreasonable, but it still makes no sense to require anything extra of the people actually supporting the program by purchasing a full season's worth of tickets, just to make it easier for people who don't make that commitment to buy tickets on a whim.
TexasRebel
AG
Not too business oriented are you?

You don't cater to your regulars as much as you try to attract new regulars.
tonytx05
AG
Hmm, no my business credentials really shouldn't be in question. Though bringing in new customers is a good thing, when you are sold out on season tickets you probably shouldn't do things that would piss off those buyers. Better to have consistent, dependable revenue you can plan your business on than fickle buyers who are only here when the team is good.
TexasRebel
AG
And when you're "sold out", but half vacant?
tonytx05
AG
Um .. you're sold out. Regardless of usage of the inventory, the inventory is still sold out.
TexasRebel
AG
No. You find a way to put butts in seats.

This isn't a warehouse we're talking about.

Perception has value.
tonytx05
AG
How are you going to put a butt in a seat that's already been sold without disenfranchising the person you already sold the seat to???

How does people's perception of the stadium fullness factor into RPI, playoff seeds, etc???
dermdoc
AG
TexasRebel said:

Not too business oriented are you?

You don't cater to your regulars as much as you try to attract new regulars.
You own your own business? I have owned my for over 27 years and know a lot of business owners. Have never heard of a business model where you tick off established paying customers over new customers that have spent nothing in your business. Must be new economics.

And you and the op need to get involved and get in focus groups, donate time and money, etc. It does take more effort and time than griping on a keyboard though.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

The bottom line is, if TexAgs is any indication of the fanbase as a whole, we've become so damn tribal about where we sit that every system aimed at filling in the crowd is going to face a lot of opposition...
Disagree. Most of us just understand property rights. If we buy a ticket to an event, that ticket and seat are,our private property for the time period of the event/game.

How about if you are not using your car that you own this weekend, then anyone who needs one can come and use it? Or your house or apartment if you are not there?

Nowhere on my season tickets does it say that I have to do anything extra like text or email or whatever. Bunch of commies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Same amount of sales revenue either way
histag10
AG
If I knew where your seats were, I would have tried to take them after the 4th if you ever got up for a break. Not because I was in GA, but because of like to see your reaction, and I feel like being yelled at you would be a privilege
histag10
AG
dermdoc said:

TXAggie2011 said:

The bottom line is, if TexAgs is any indication of the fanbase as a whole, we've become so damn tribal about where we sit that every system aimed at filling in the crowd is going to face a lot of opposition...
Disagree. Most of us just understand property rights. If we buy a ticket to an event, that ticket and seat are,our private property for the time period of the event/game.

How about if you are not using your car that you own this weekend, then anyone who needs one can come and use it? Or your house or apartment if you are not there?

Nowhere on my season tickets does it say that I have to do anything extra like text or email or whatever. Bunch of commies.

I get that. I also kind of think if during the fill in, Someone takes your seats, you should be reimbursed for thise seats.
dermdoc
AG
I do not want to be reimbursed. Take a poll of season ticket holders and see what they think. And I only yell at umps and opposing teams.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I'm thinking you do not understand business very well.

For the last three years all seats were sold out except for the GA ones which are sold game day on a first come first serve basis.

For the last three seasons there has been an 800-1000 person waiting list for season tickets to become available.

This demand to let someone know if you are using your ticket or not does not bring new customers when stadium is sold out all of the tickets. The fourth inning fill in does not sell a single additional ticket.

A season ticket holder should not be forced to do anything- no check in an hour before hand, opt in/out, etc. they've already done all they need to do.

I know a ton of people (included myself) who always try to fill our seats if we cannot be there. I've put them on TexAgs, I've put them on Facebook, I've sent emails, I've called people and get crickets chirping or no. The the only exception is the LSU game, tu game, regionals, super regionals, etc.

All of this hub hub is for nothzing- you are trying to solve a problem that does not exist. I'm first be with filling in; students and others have been sitting in seats they did not pay for forever- the athletic department is just making it ok.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.