Any of our drafted players coming back?

6,538 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sean98
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts? No personal knowledge here.
dirkjones
AG
No, they will all sign.
Wicked Good Ag
Very doubtful. Only person I can possibly see is Larkins but that would be a low percentage and only to get a possible better payday even without leverage and possibly a degree
VegasAg86
AG
I think Wicked is right. Larkins is the only current player drafted that has any chance of coming back, and it is probably a very slim chance. Our signees that were drafted late will likely make it to campus. The early round signees won't be playing for us.
ClassOf17
This is what hurts college baseball. All the top talent is going pro instead of college. You can recruit a top class, but half won't make it to campus.
Aggie09Derek
AG
College baseball has done it right. Let the kids go right out of high school but if signing a D1 'ship locks them in for three years.

I don't think college baseball is "hurting".
Aggie_Eric98
AG
ClassOf17 said:

This is what hurts college baseball. All the top talent is going pro instead of college. You can recruit a top class, but half won't make it to campus.

Then you didn't recruit a top class. Coaches should be recruiting the best "signable" talent. Doesn't do you any good to get a commit from Kohl Stewart if he doesn't step foot on campus.
mdanyc03
AG
All of our drafted juniors will sign.

Tylor Fischer and Asa Lacy were drafted late and will make it to campus. The three drafted early will sign (Scherff, Conlon, Hall).
mdanyc03
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

College baseball has done it right. Let the kids go right out of high school but if signing a D1 'ship locks them in for three years.

I don't think college baseball is "hurting".
Major League Baseball has done it right, you mean. College baseball doesn't make that decision. Or college football or college basketball.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Right that's what I meant but college game has made them stay 3 years I think.
mdanyc03
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Right that's what I meant but college game has made them stay 3 years I think.
No, college baseball can't make anybody stay. How would they do that? That is a MLB draft rule. Has nothing to do with college baseball.
Strike One
Wonder if we will get a pitcher who can actually compliment 90-94 mph fastballs with any type of breaking pitch that he is able to command for strikes since RC couldn't develop any of our pitchers so they could do so except for Chafin? Watching teams like TCU use a strong fastball as a 2nd pitch and carve up the strike zone and our great hitters with breaking pitches makes me sick that we seem to be unable to either recruit this type of pitcher or develop any. Really frustrating for a team that is led by a coach reputed as being a pitcher's coach!
mdanyc03
AG
Strike One said:

Wonder if we will get a pitcher who can actually compliment 90-94 mph fastballs with any type of breaking pitch that he is able to command for strikes since RC couldn't develop any of our pitchers so they could do so except for Chafin? Watching teams like TCU use a strong fastball as a 2nd pitch and carve up the strike zone and our great hitters with breaking pitches makes me sick that we seem to be unable to either recruit this type of pitcher or develop any. Really frustrating for a team that is led by a coach reputed as being a pitcher's coach!
We led the SEC in ERA, but okay, sure.
histag10
AG
Aggie_Eric98 said:

ClassOf17 said:

Then you didn't recruit a top class. Coaches should be recruiting the best "singable" talent. Doesn't do you any good to get a commit from Kohl Stewart if he doesn't step foot on campus.

What does singing have to do with baseball?
Wicked Good Ag
Are you talking about the pitching staff that gave up three earned runs today to a top ten team?

Pitching wasn't our problem. Hitting is. And situational hitting more specifically

We would have matched up better against Florida I think because then it would have been more pitching based
histag10
AG
Strike One said:

User name is ironic.
AggieBand2004
AG
Strike One said:

You should watch more of our baseball games. They are fun
AggieBand2004
AG
And Childress is known for developing secondary pitches. Especially quality changeups
txag72
AG
Happily failing.
gougler08
AG
Wacha and Stripling owe their major league careers to the RC developed changeup. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of our best pitchers used a changeup as their out pitch.

Blame RC for a number of things, but not having an off speed pitch has to be at the bottom of the list
RafterAg223
AG
Strike One said:

So much fail in this post, I really have no idea where to start.
Sandman98
AG
Strike One said:

Everyone else already made fun of you so I'll just wait for your reply.
SABUILDERAG
mdanyc03 said:

Tylor Fischer and Asa Lacy were drafted late and will make it to campus. The three drafted early will sign (Scherff, Conlon, Hall).
I have a hunch that Chafin will stay. Trust me on this.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Chafin and sherrod have already said they are coming back....
HoustonAg2106
AG
What's Larkins going to do?
dirkjones
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

What's Larkins going to do?
I would expect him to sign since I've heard he is ready to leave A&M.
Gigemchicken90
AG
SABUILDERAG said:

mdanyc03 said:

I have a hunch that Chafin will stay. Trust me on this.
Fischer signed with KC.
BurnetAggie99
When did the report come out on Tylor Fischer signing with KC
Gigemchicken90
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

When did the report come out on Tylor Fischer signing with KC
I went to high school with his mom and it's on her facebook.
MountainAg99
AG
Dang....they must have taken a sizable amount from their draft pool money to pay him in round 28.
BurnetAggie99
Typically at that round the money is not worth it and coming to college can increase your draft status significantly.
Tamu_mgm
AG
ColleyvilleAg06 said:

Chafin and sherrod have already said they are coming back....
HoustonAg2106
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Typically at that round the money is not worth it and coming to college can increase your draft status significantly.
As has already been discussed on here and other threads, improving your draft status does not necessarily improve your money because as a senior who can't go back to college so you have no leverage to negotiate with...this might be the most these guys ever get offered.
BurnetAggie99
Tylor Fischer is a senior in HS drafted 28th round. That signing money is peanuts and he can come to school for two years and learnpitching under RC and greatly improve his money by playing college
dirkjones
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Tylor Fischer is a senior in HS drafted 28th round. That signing money is peanuts and he can come to school for two years and learnpitching under RC and greatly improve his money by playing college
Turner Larkins was also selected in the 28th round in 2014 and is said to have turned down a million dollar offer that year. Wouldn't call that peanuts and I bet his money isn't improved after playing college ball.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.